Estimated Time to Platinum - Vote now!

TfT_02

Estimate Time to Platinum  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How long did it take you to obtain the platinum trophy?

Voting Guidelines

• Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards obtaining the platinum trophy.
  • Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  • Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum trophy.
  • Do not vote unless you have played and platinumed the game.
  • Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edit: Just wanted to explain the reason behind this topic. There has been some discussion in the comment section of the Final Fantasy VII guide about the time required to platinum the game. I'd like to see what other people think using this thread.

Edit2: If you're in the platinum rain day challenge, you can vote if you've finished the game except one trophy.

Edited by TfT_02

My own personal time was about 25 hours (I could have done it faster if I didn't care about a lot of extra stuff I did, reading the dialog, had a friend who did it most of the trophies in 10 hours apart from the Lv. 99 one - he was obviously speeding through it).  But I think 30-40 hours is going to be the average time spent for most.

My own personal time was about 25 hours (I could have done it faster if I didn't care about a lot of extra stuff I did, reading the dialog, had a friend who did it most of the trophies in 10 hours apart from the Lv. 99 one - he was obviously speeding through it).  But I think 30-40 hours is going to be the average time spent for most.

Yeah, the time to plat heavily depends on if you've played the game before, and how many times and how much you've done in the game etc. With the cheats and the trophies being as easy as they are, people can do all the trophies in much less than 10 hours, but I'd say someone who has played it before is looking at around 10-25 hours depending on how much they cheat or speed through the game. I'm guessing it's possible to do in even 5 hours if you know what you're doing and speedrunning with the cheats etc.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Yeah, the time to plat heavily depends on if you've played the game before, and how many times and how much you've done in the game etc. With the cheats and the trophies being as easy as they are, people can do all the trophies in much less than 10 hours, but I'd say someone who has played it before is looking at around 10-25 hours depending on how much they cheat or speed through the game. I'm guessing it's possible to do in even 5 hours if you know what you're doing and speedrunning with the cheats etc.

My friend didn't even use the cheats.  He just knows the game that well.  But yea, for anyone else who maybe doesn't know the game as well, using the cheats + 3x speed will allow them to get it completed in maybe 10-15 hours.. so being they didn't miss anything.  And no, it's definitely not possible to get all trophies within 5 hours, maybe completing the game yes, but definitely not grinding gil and leveling (this bit took me about 3 hours alone, so in order to do everything in 5 hours, that would have meant I would have had to try and squeeze everything else in 2 hours - just not possible, on PS4 at least).

My friend didn't even use the cheats.  He just knows the game that well.  But yea, for anyone else who maybe doesn't know the game as well, using the cheats + 3x speed will allow them to get it completed in maybe 10-15 hours.. so being they didn't miss anything.  And no, it's definitely not possible to get all trophies within 5 hours, maybe completing the game yes, but definitely not grinding gil and leveling (this bit took me about 3 hours alone, so in order to do everything in 5 hours, that would have meant I would have had to try and squeeze everything else in 2 hours - just not possible, on PS4 at least).

I don't know... I think it's possible in about 5 hours, but let's say 6-7 hours then.

Edited by MMDE

for someone that knows the game very well and is using cheat, it should be around 15 hours. I did it in 16, and i lost several minutes here and there (i lost at least an hour because of poor planning for my leveling in north crater)

If you don't use cheats, well, something around 45 hours for someone that know the game very well. If you never played, 80 hours seems to be a minimum

Edited by lesk8vaincra

My save file before facing final boss (last trophy for plat) says 16 hours and 35 minutes.But i used a lot of the boosters,especially the 3x speed.I lost about an hour by leaving the game on while not playing,plus i did very poor planning for reaching level 99.I had 100+ million gil before reaching 70 and 11 mastered All materia extra by that point.Didn't bother with breeding chocobos but i spent time on betting to get 2000+ GP in Golden Saucer.Obviously i didn't bother completing materia,items,weapons,armors,accessories (it's a shame they didn't put trophies for these).I knew pretty much what to do in the game.So i'd say 15-20 hours with boosts,40-45 without.I believe that if i could turn back the clock and retry it,i could get the plat in less than 12 hours (full boosts).

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, I agree with sephiroth4424, I am now too at the final boss with 16h24min. Have 89million gil, but my last set of ALL materia only need the last star to fill up, so that will be a matter of 10 minutes. I did use the X3 speed boost alot, but i had finished the game like 4-5 times on the PS one, so I know where to find the good stuf and how to get them pretty quick. So

• with boosts and knowledge of the game: near 20 hours (give or take)
  • without boost and knowlege of the game: 35-40 hours,
  • without boosts on your first playthrough on FF7: aim near 65-70 hours.

I should also have planned my lv99 better, but with the 3x speed boost, I was at the end of the game faster than expected :D

Currently Lv70 at my save chrystal in the northern cave killing magical pots.

I played this game for the first time (finally!) and I used the trophy guide from this site + occasionally a walkthrough when I got stuck in the story progression.

Oh and I played on GodMode and 3x speed. :P

Platinum took me 22 hours. :)

Edited by ShadowStefan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If you are actually playing the game (watching the scenes, looking for all the conversations, and really talking to people) this could take upwards of forty hours. That being said, with the option of using the built in cheats that figure is drastically lowered to the region of under thirty. Most people, however, will play at the middle ground: use the cheats to grind, but not to play the story. With that said, I would place the range to be at the thirty-to-forty hour mark for most people.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me about 28 hours.  I fully admit to using God Mode sometimes.  I did it all legit 20 years ago; I don't want to make the time to do it all legit again.  Not when there's so much other stuff out there to play!

Also x3 speed was a godsend.

Edited by themindisacity

I want to say it depends how dedicated you are. It took me around a month, but actual playtime was about 65-70 hours when you count game-time. I took regular breaks and switched between games during my play-through of FF7. I had to do Best Bromance in a 2nd play-through since i didn't realize just how specific the actions were which added an additional 7 hours. 

Do you still level up if god mode is active? Example if I'm level 10. Use god mode for like 5 hours. Turn it off. Would I be like level 30 or whatever? I don't see how easy it would be to level otherwise until the crater which with low levels you'd get beat most likely