Deactivating a device because the person won't comply

Shakilrahman96

So.... long story short my lying, cheating, back stabbing b*tch of an ex girlfriend of 3 years has broken up with me and we just so happened to do a lot of trophy hunting together. 

I personally own a PS3 and a PS Vita system. So that is 2 devices under my name officially.
However my ex girlfriend also owns a PS3 and a PS4 which are both logged into my account. Due to the fact I used to trust her a lot I gave her my details so that she could nick any games or DLC I got for games on the PS3 and the PS4 as well as buy a game or two if she so pleased. However due to obvious complications I am in a position where she is logged into my account on her PS3 and PS4 system and has no intention of deactivating them.

I changed my PSN email and password and removed my credit card details temporarily while the situation resolves itself. Is there any way to deactivate her devices online or MUST it be done manually? because if manually is my only option I am in deep trouble here. Is her failing to comply technically illegal by any chance? If so I have no problem taking legal action, she already cheated on my twice so far I really don't need to put up with this crap and have her potentially ruin the one thing that keeps me occupied during my free time which is gaming.
Thanks in advance :)

If you have changed your log in details and removed your credit card, is there really anything she can do at this point? I know there is a limited number of devices you can attach to one user name, but isn't is 3 PS4's, 3 PS3's and 2 Vita's?

Once you change your login info, she will no longer be able to access your account on her console, so will no longer have access to any new content, only that which is already installed, and she won't be able to play under you username.

• Like 4

Follow the Link's steps that Kubanga mentioned and your problem will be solved ^_^

EDIT: All systems can be deactivated through the PC method, but you are only able to use it once per 6 monthes (i think that's the time limit).

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 2

If you have changed your log in details and removed your credit card, is there really anything she can do at this point? I know there is a limited number of devices you can attach to one user name, but isn't is 3 PS4's, 3 PS3's and 2 Vita's?

Once you change your login info, she will no longer be able to access your account on her console, so will no longer have access to any new content, only that which is already installed, and she won't be able to play under you username.

Yea but I don't own a PS4... So wouldn't her PS4 technically be considered MY primary PS4 now too? looks like I'll have to deactivate all my devices online just to sort out this problem, ugh this is so annoying... thanks anyway guys for the help.

2 PS3s, technically 1 PS4 (2 with easy trick), and only 1 vita.

Edited by x9zachattack5x

That may be true, but if the OP does get a PS4 and his ex girlfriend has his account as her PS4's primary account, he would lose a few benefits which include....

Playing on a non-primary/activated account: Will not be able to play any Digital game bought on the account, no matter what digital game purchased it is UNLESS you are online and signed into your account at all times while playing, none of your other accounts/profiles on the Future-PS4 of yours will have the PS+ benefits or access to your main account's games. And i'm pretty sure there are other small problems too.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

2 PS3s, technically 1 PS4 (2 with easy trick), and only 1 vita.

I don't think this is correct. I personally have 3 PS3 with my username, and I know a number of people with 2 Vitas.

That may be true, but if the OP does get a PS4 and his ex girlfriend has his account as her PS4's primary account, he would lose a few benefits which include....

Playing on a non-primary/activated account: Will not be able to play any Digital game bought on the account, no matter what digital game purchased it is UNLESS you are online and signed into your account at all times while playing, none of your other accounts/profiles on the Future-PS4 of yours will have the PS+ benefits or access to your main account's games. And i'm pretty sure there are other small problems too.

Not sure I fully follow this - if he does buy a PS4, and activates it as his primary, surely that automatically deactivates the previous PS4. I mean, consoles are gonna die, you cannot tell me that Sony has set it up such that you have to have access to the original PS4 for all eternity?

Edited by diskdocx

I don't think this is correct. I personally have 3 PS3 with my username, and I know a number of people with 2 Vitas.

Not sure I fully follow this - if he does buy a PS4, and activates it as his primary, surely that automatically deactivates the previous PS4. I mean, consoles are gonna die, you cannot tell me that Sony has set it up such that you have to have access to the original PS4 for all eternity?

That is the problem, you cannot activate an account on a PS4 if it is already activated on another PS4 system, it must either be deactivated directly from the currently activated PS4 system or through the PC method, activating an already-activated account on a PS4 does not deactivate the previous system, it will tell you straight up to deactivate from the current system first.

And, this may help with the device activation system numbers or whatever, if any of you are interested. https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/device-activation-deactivation/about-device-activation/

And again, Sony doesn't tolerate game/account-sharing anyway; If you are going to do it, you must take responsibility for your actions (such as not being able to activate your account on a PS4 because you don't have access to the PS4 it already is activated on).

Edited by YaoiGod

I'm not sure if there is limit on on how many ps3s you can link your account, but you can access your downloaded items from ps store only on 2 ps3s at once.

Does ps4 let you activate new ps4 as primary if there was one already?

To op: I think best would be that you deactivate all systems from sonys website. Just be careful with accounts for next 6 months if you do that.

Let me be more clear. You can only have one Vita activated under your username. Ask anybody here that owns a vita.

Let me be more clear. You can only have one Vita activated under your username. Ask anybody here that owns a vita.

Are you sure? Link YaoiGod posted states that you can activate 2 vitas with your account. I dont think you can be online with both at same time though.

Are you sure? Link YaoiGod posted states that you can activate 2 vitas with your account. I dont think you can be online with both at same time though.

Hmmm, i don't know if the page writer was cracked up when they got to the Vita, PSP and PSTV sections on that matter...Since he posted just before that, that you can only have one PSN account activated on one PSV account at one time. So, that can only mean that you can activate your account on two vitas, but the vitas can only have one account at one time, or the page writer was killed mid-way writing it.

This is why you don't give your account information to ANYBODY, no matter who they are or how much you trust them. Fuck their feelings on the matter, there's a reason Sony tells people not do this, and this situation is exactly why. I hope you learned your lesson from this little incident. You're lucky she didn't royally fuck you over.

Don't do this in the future and you won't have this issue. Also, just a side note: what you did is illegal and Sony could permaban you for doing it. Giving your information to another person so they can access free content is against the law and robs the developers of money they could have gained.

Wait what it's illegal to do that why?

I have three Vita's activated under my account though...

hZpcKzq.jpg

One of the three systems has it activated for Video uses, you can have two for games and seven (shared across PSP, PSV, PSTV and XPERIA devices) for video uses.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

Let me be clear. I believe you are wrong. You can only have one user ID attached to any given Vita - you cannot have 2 different users sharing a Vita. (not easily anyway)

One ID can apparently be linked to 3 portable devices.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-sony-ups-portable-playstation-device-limit

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

I have three Vita's activated under my account though...

hZpcKzq.jpg

Is this an update? I tried to do a year ago with a friend's vita and it did not work. I apologize if I sounded like I was being rude. I wasn't trying to be.

Let me be clear. I believe you are wrong. You can only have one user ID attached to any given Vita - you cannot have 2 different users sharing a Vita. (not easily anyway)

One ID can apparently be linked to 3 portable devices.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-sony-ups-portable-playstation-device-limit

I stand corrected I apologize. 

Is this an update? I tried to do a year ago with a friend's vita and it did not work. I apologize if I sounded like I was being rude. I wasn't trying to be.

I stand corrected I apologize. 

It's all good, no need to apologize. Sony changes their policies more often than most of us change underwear :highfive:

• Like 1

This is why you don't give your account information to ANYBODY, no matter who they are or how much you trust them. Fuck their feelings on the matter, there's a reason Sony tells people not do this, and this situation is exactly why. I hope you learned your lesson from this little incident. You're lucky she didn't royally fuck you over.

Don't do this in the future and you won't have this issue. Also, just a side note: what you did is illegal and Sony could permaban you for doing it. Giving your information to another person so they can access free content is against the law and robs the developers of money they could have gained.

Never knew it was illegal, that is strange seeing how for example, if a husband and wife lived under the same roof they're hardly going to be buying the same game twice, seems like a stupid rule if you ask me but I won't do it again. No doubt about it that if I wasn't quick changing my account email and password she would have fucked me up, if she can cheat and drop me like I'm nothing after 3 years sabotaging my PSN is child's play...