(Leak) No new Assassin's Creed title in 2016, setting for the 2017 game supposedly leaked

madbuk

First AC game I ever played was Black Flag and I absolutely loved it! Would love the chance to play the earlier Creed games. So yeah, my vote would be for a PS4 collection this year.

I think a break from a new entry is a good thing. Can't wait to see what they come up with given adequate time.

We've still got the Chronicles this year so Ubisoft haven't really broken tradition with their yearly releases. Just because, im gonna list a few places i hope the open world Assassins Creed Games go to

• We've had pirates (which was awesome) now give us some viking assassins
  • Egypt as i said above
  • Asian setting, maybe china or japan
  • Space

Okay the last one was a joke but my number 1 would be Viking setting. 

Ive said it before but I think the next game will be in India during the British Raj. There was quite a big Indian presence in Syndicate and they could even keep the Frys as they were decent characters who could have gone to India on a mission from Queen Vic to fight the templars there. Just my opinion anyway. 

• Like 1

It's official. No new Assassin's Creed in 2016!

http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

Thank God.  As much as I like the AC series, it's been rammed down our throats ever since AC II was released back in 2009.  I've been hoping the series would take a break ever since AC IV came out, so that Ubisoft could reimagine the series,or even work on a couple of new games, so to hear that this year will feature 0 new AC games is actually welcome news to me.  I still have to play through Rogue anyway, and then there'll be Unity, Syndicate and Chronicles to work on by the time I buy a PS4.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully they will release a collection with the first 5 games for the PS4 with all new trophies. Have the game like the Assassin's Creed: Heritage Collection which had Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3 on the PS3. It would give everyone who didn't play the games on previous gen to learn the Desmond story. This would tie in with what Ubisoft said a while ago that the Desmond arch was act 1, Unity and Syndicate were intermediaries and that act 2 would be starting with the next game (Which will now be the game coming out in 2017).