(Leak) No new Assassin's Creed title in 2016, setting for the 2017 game supposedly leaked

madbuk

I had no idea hieroglyphics were considered oral history. I guess that Rosetta Stone's a bunch of BS!

They haven't been able to totally decipher what the Rosetta Stone says, and it apparently contains a royal decree, which is not the entire history. To this day, the history of ancient Egypt is continually being discovered.

So nice try. Your sarcasm isn't necessary here.

Plot twist! Ubisoft will port all last gen AC games to current gen Instead of relasing a new Assassin's Creed in 2016.

I can totally see that happening to the point where I'm actually expecting it sometime this year: "While you won't be playing a new chapter in Assassin's Creed this year, you'll be able to play Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, and Assassin's Creed III fully 'remastered' for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC this fall"

I'd totally play AC2 with fresher graphics

Edited by Death_Ninja

I know people don't like ports on the PS4 but i would absolutely love to replay the Ezio trilogy again on next gen consoles. Damn that Jesper Kyd soundtrack takes me back.  :wub:

I would actually love to play all the last gen AC games on next gen. Especially the Ezio trilogy.

• Like 2

Well since it is set in Egypt, and since a lot of ancient Egyptian history is hazy due to it being passed down by word of mouth only, I bet they take some liberties with the historical accuracy of it, but I don't think it'll be too farfetched....I hope.

Hadn't even considered interpreting it that way, and Egypt is one of my most wanted time periods, so I'd definitely be okay with this.

They haven't been able to totally decipher what the Rosetta Stone says, and it apparently contains a royal decree, which is not the entire history. To this day, the history of ancient Egypt is continually being discovered.

So nice try. Your sarcasm isn't necessary here.

It's not the message on the Rosetta Stone that's important, it's the three languages. Without that decoding tool, 3000 years of recorded ancient Egyptian history would still be a mystery to scholars. Without a written language, the pyramids would be Stonehenge to us. But hieroglyphics explain to scholars the dynasties, the Gods, the economics, the culture, etc. So much of Egyptian history is written and recorded that museums have routine sales receipts on papyrus. I'm going to wager a guess that your sales receipt from GameStop for AC Empire won't be around in the year 5015.

And of course ancient Egypt's story is continuing to be told - it's an Empire that lasted 3000 years!! When Akhenaten looked up at the Great Pyramid, it was ancient to him, by more than one thousand years! To put that in perspective, President Cleopatra will have to visit Mount Vernon and pay her respects to George Washington in 4776 A.D. For the United States to have the same timeline as the Egyptian Empire. The world has never seen anything like the Egyptian Empire, and it won't ever again.

• Like 1

The fact they can make a game every year with a new map, protagonist, and story, and not have EVERYONE complain all the time (Unity being the obvious exception) then fuck it, keep pumping them out. If people are buying, you should be selling. 

I myself couldn't give a flying fuck less as I barely play the series and when I do it's because I picked the games up on sale for a few bucks each usually.

That's actually quite a big possibility. They've filed a domain name for a collection.

That is most likely the Chronicles collection which they have said they will be making

Egypt is a great place and a setting i was hoping for. I actually liked the yearly releases because that meant there was always an Assassins Creed game to play but im not fussed i still have 3 to play

A bit disappointed Syndicate was probably my favourite game of 2015 despite what plenty of people who I know didn't bother to play it say about running the franchise in to the ground. 
Even more disappointed about Egypt as the next location. Although with a name like Empire I'm not unconvinced my guess that it would be set in the British Raj won't be coming true yet. 

Hadn't even considered interpreting it that way, and Egypt is one of my most wanted time periods, so I'd definitely be okay with this.

Eh, if it's set in Egypt it might just be the first game in the series I skip. Even as a history geek I find Egyptian history to be painfully boring.

• 1 month later...

Well after Syndicate being brilliant I feel a little sad about this. I did pick up Rogue today though for $28AU brand new which if I remember right had pretty good reviews at the time. 

Rogue is a pretty good game. It's not perfect and the story is kinda short (they give you an in-game reason for it), but it marks the debut of some of the present day characters in Syndicate. While Syndicate is awesome, it didn't meet their expectations and Ubi, above all else, is a business and they want to make money. Still, if you enjoyed Black Flag, Rogue should be fine. :)

We've still got the Chronicles this year so Ubisoft haven't really broken tradition with their yearly releases. Just because, im gonna list a few places i hope the open world Assassins Creed Games go to

• We've had pirates (which was awesome) now give us some viking assassins
  • Egypt as i said above
  • Asian setting, maybe china or japan
  • Space

Okay the last one was a joke but my number 1 would be Viking setting.