Farming Sunlight Medals

Hello, I'm having trouble farming sunlight medals for the miracle.  I have 12 of them mostly from the Aava boss fight and Drangleic Castle but I find them quite unreliable for summons as you could easily end up waiting for over half an hour to get one. I was wondering if there are any better spots, I am level 131 with 2883201 soul memory. 

When I played through it on the PC and PS4 I would just put my summon sign down in front of Velstadt's room and help people kill him. Both times it was at game release so things might have died down. When I played through again on the PS3 last summer, I just farmed them from the Falconers at the beginning in a NG+. It can take a hell of a lot of time, but as long as you're in the Company of Champions, they always respawn and you don't have to burn an Ascetic when the respawn limit is up.

• Like 1

I farmed mine on the big slug-ish demon (i think it was covetous demon), but that was right when the game first came out on ps3, so it's hard to say if people still summon there.

Lots of people used to summon me for help with the Sinner. Dunno what the PS4 community does though, I was playing on PS3. Might be worth a shot?

Thanks, will give these a go.

You can also get them from those falconer guys in Betwixt on NG+

When I played through it on the PC and PS4 I would just put my summon sign down in front of Velstadt's room and help people kill him. Both times it was at game release so things might have died down. When I played through again on the PS3 last summer, I just farmed them from the Falconers at the beginning in a NG+. It can take a hell of a lot of time, but as long as you're in the Company of Champions, they always respawn and you don't have to burn an Ascetic when the respawn limit is up.

I got summonsed all the time right before the final boss room. This was on the ps3 vanilla version though. Or start NG+ And kill the falconers like condemned said.

Thanks, I will try these out, I just need to finish a few things off in NG and then I will start farming the flaconers.

• Like 2

I remember farming them from the Ancient Dragon boss fight back when I first played it on PS3, it's always crowded there since it's really hard to solo this boss.

But the easiest approach is the grinding these Falconer soldier as mentioned above, either in Shaded Woods (NG) or Betwixt (NG+), make sure to equip the correct gear and use Rusted Coin to increase the item drop chances.

• Like 1

I remember farming them from the Ancient Dragon boss fight back when I first played it on PS3, it's always crowded there since it's really hard to solo this boss.

But it comes at the cost of having to fight Ancient Dragon more than once  xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...