Requireing DLC for the Platinum is the stupidest Idea ever

PiraMark94

(title edit: Requiring) since this game is dead there is no one playing and heres the kicker if you want to play with your friends to help you plat the game you will need to spend $10 as most if not all servers are dlc only I don't know what EA was thinking when they this 

Edited by PiraMark94

(title edit: Requiring) since this game is dead there is no one playing and heres the kicker if you want to play with your friends to help you plat the game you will need to spend $10 as most if not all servers are dlc only I don't know what EA was thinking when they this

If you ask to edit and then click full edit, it let's you edit the title.

What are you talking about though? I've played 3 matches on my alt yesterday to check the game and i didn't have issues with DLC (i have none).

If you ask to edit and then click full edit, it let's you edit the title.

What are you talking about though? I've played 3 matches on my alt yesterday to check the game and i didn't have issues with DLC (i have none).

You need (the hunt dlc) it has two maps and most servers require that you have the dlc even if the map is not in rotation or atleast thats my case when I was looking for servers 

You need (the hunt dlc) it has two maps and most servers require that you have the dlc even if the map is not in rotation or atleast thats my case when I was looking for servers

That happened to me a lot in Max Payne 3, BF BAD COMPANY 2, CRISIS 2 and a couple others. I got kicked for not having DLC and returned to the main menu. Matchmade again for several matches until i ran into it again. As much as i found it frustrating, never stopped me from finishing the games. I think you just had bad luck running into a few DLC servers in a row. Maybe try later?

This isn't requiring DLC, it's still technically possible to play the game without it.

yes you are right but not having the dlc makes boosting with others 10x harder  

That happened to me a lot in Max Payne 3, BF BAD COMPANY 2, CRISIS 2 and a couple others. I got kicked for not having DLC and returned to the main menu. Matchmade again for several matches until i ran into it again. As much as i found it frustrating, never stopped me from finishing the games. I think you just had bad luck running into a few DLC servers in a row. Maybe try later?

YeaI will keep trying. luck has never been on my side xD. Thanks 

Edited by PiraMark94
  • Like 1

PSA for trophy hunters: The DLC is not required to Plat the game but it is if you want to boost with your friends: ALL servers are set to start by default on the DLC maps, which means you cannot start on an empty server if you (and your friends) don't own the DLC. The game is still Platinum-able but thanks to this little trick EA pulled on us, you will have to deal with a few nuisances:

- You depend on somebody else (that owns the DLC) to start a server, so you can join.

- Since few people remain that own the DLC, there are only 5-10 active servers at any given time (from all regions), all of them full, you will have to wait on queues to be able to join.

- You will be kicked when the server loads a DLC map, meaning you will have to get on an queue again.

- There's NO option to rent a server to boost privately, so if you and your friends purchase the DLC and start an empty server, randoms will join in a matter of seconds.

You will most likely have to get trophies legit. Most of them are easy, but the MVP and Apache trophies can be a hassle as you will have to deal with all those clan try-hards that still play this and will make it very difficult to you.

Edited by grbolivar
  • Like 1

The DLC can be obtained for free :)

Launch the game and from within game start PS Store. It will load the old Store. Check if there is Season pass Limited edition (it should have description about access to BF4 beta etc).

If yes then download it. Close the game. Launch "normal" PS Store (from XMB), and search for the DLC - it should be free this time ;)

Tested on UK and PL store - works like charm.

@grbolivar MVP it's the easiest trophy if you have 4 ppl. Just enter server, kill one enemy, and enemy team quits the game. It will give you 3 trophies and it's much easier to have server only for your group for about 20seconds than few minutes which is required for Apache trophy.

Edited by hiryu_PL

The DLC can be obtained for free :)

Launch the game and from within game start PS Store. It will load the old Store. Check if there is Season pass Limited edition (it should have description about access to BF4 beta etc).

If yes then download it. Close the game. Launch "normal" PS Store (from XMB), and search for the DLC - it should be free this time ;)

Tested on UK and PL store - works like charm.

@grbolivar MVP it's the easiest trophy if you have 4 ppl. Just enter server, kill one enemy, and enemy team quits the game. It will give you 3 trophies and it's much easier to have server only for your group for about 20seconds than few minutes which is required for Apache trophy.

They patched the US version and the dlc is region locked so you can't make another account the store will say there is nothing here

They patched the US version and the dlc is region locked so you can't make another account the store will say there is nothing here

EU version is on patch 1.02 and this works. Like I stated above - tested for PL and UK accounts.

Yes that would be a bad idea.

Since it is, in fact, not true though, you should change the topic name to avoid putting people off playing this, thus making your own issues of finding games even more difficult...

If you're from over seas then yes this post is wrong since you can get the dlc free. But if you're from the states you do not get the dlc free and you need it to join the lobbies I cheched everywhere including ps3trophies.org for information to join a empty server. And you need the dlc. You could say there are servers that don't need them but after hours of searching on multiple accounts including EU the ammount of servers that don't need the dlc is only a couple and the players in them rang from 0-5 through most days 

Edited by PiraMark94