Vita version - Anything that makes this version harder or trickier?

Platinumus

So I played and got the platinum this when it was free for PS plus users and loved the game (for me best game for the PS4 when the console first came out). I recently brought the DLC as it was very cheap on the store and im loving playing it again. so I've downloaded it for the vita as i get it free and I'm REALLY enjoying playing the game again.

As I cant play games these days without worrying about trophies etc. Is there anything i should be mindful for in this game. When i did it on the ps4 i didnt think anything too taxing but i know the vita controls can make playing some games tricky or near impossible? or is there something else completely? im looking to do the DLC for the Vita and the PS4. 

many thanks in advance!

I thought they were the same.

Also, the DLC is only available on the PS4 version.

Oh shame! but good to know

No DLC can only make it better!

The PS4 DLC makes me cry.

Lol any DLC trophies I need to worry about? I saw one about Co op and no one dying. That just sounds annoying :S

Lol any DLC trophies I need to worry about? I saw one about Co op and no one dying. That just sounds annoying :S

No DLC on the Vita version.

The "no continues" run I had to have help with on PS4. I was able to do it in 1 attempt on Vita, solo. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

I found the vita version easier because of the lack of explosions effects the ps4 version has. Those can hide enemies sometimes leading to your death. The ps3 has some but not all of those effects and it's also easier. I find disturbing when the game makes you play against the core mechanics instead of the enemies themselves. Geometry Wars 3 also had this issue.

As people said too, no DLC here. I think this is the only reason why the list is separate since there is cross save and cross buy for this game.

So... I might be the only one saying this but to me the PS4 version was easier. I was able to solo plat that one without much problem.

As for the PS Vita version, I wouldn't say it's much harder but since the screen is smaller I sometimes miss some shots fired at me and the framerate, while not bad at all, isn't as smooth as the PS4 version (for obvious reasons)

I need to go back and plat the Vita version but still, that's my opinion.

Oh shame! but good to know

No DLC for the Vita so nice and straightforward :)

There are some really difficult DLC trophies for the PS4 version, the platinum in comparison to these is very easy.

• 4 weeks later...

So... I might be the only one saying this but to me the PS4 version was easier. I was able to solo plat that one without much problem.

As for the PS Vita version, I wouldn't say it's much harder but since the screen is smaller I sometimes miss some shots fired at me and the framerate, while not bad at all, isn't as smooth as the PS4 version (for obvious reasons)

I need to go back and plat the Vita version but still, that's my opinion.

I agree , PS4 was much easier. It is, because on vita there is much smaller screen and sometimes it was really crowded with enemies.

But, when i was doing PS4 platinum i had already experience with the game. Did solo 1CC with 1st attempt.

I prefer the Vita and PS3 version. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the final two bonus humans in each level in the updated PS4 version. I do a perfect run, I get every human so far, I kill every keeper, I get every upgrade, and then the bonus human dies on me for no apparent reason.

Other than that though I love all the updates and DLC and am a proud season pass owner, even if I only picked up the season pass on sale some time. 

The Vita version is the best for multiplayer though, local ad-hoc is sweet. Minimal lag, no internet connection required, and no splitting of the screen. Perfect time waster if you've got a friend with a Vita, although the odds of that are only just below the odds of someone actually having a Vita.

I prefer the Vita and PS3 version. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the final two bonus humans in each level in the updated PS4 version. I do a perfect run, I get every human so far, I kill every keeper, I get every upgrade, and then the bonus human dies on me for no apparent reason.

I haven't played Ps4 version yet, but on ps3/vita version few of the humans were released if you had your multiplier above certain threshold and human would die if you weren't. 

You did say that you did perfect run, but did you manage to keep your multiplier up? Just suggestion. Couldn't find anything specific with quick google search.

I haven't played Ps4 version yet, but on ps3/vita version few of the humans were released if you had your multiplier above certain threshold and human would die if you weren't. 

You did say that you did perfect run, but did you manage to keep your multiplier up? Just suggestion. Couldn't find anything specific with quick google search.

You know what, that could actually have something to do with it. I'm not the best at the game, but I'm far from shit, even still, I never bother to actively keep a multiplier going, this could actually be the problem. I'll have to test this theory when I play the game next.

Also, if you've not played the PS4 version yet...be ready to have your mind blown by how pretty it looks in comparison. I mean, you play the PS3/Vita one, it looks nice, you think it would be more or less the same on PS4, but it's not, it is SOOOOO much more detailed and prettier.

Other than that though I love all the updates and DLC and am a proud season pass owner, even if I only picked up the season pass on sale some time. 

The Vita version is the best for multiplayer though, local ad-hoc is sweet. Minimal lag, no internet connection required, and no splitting of the screen. Perfect time waster if you've got a friend with a Vita, although the odds of that are only just below the odds of someone actually having a Vita.

You need to reach exact combo to unlock humans.

Information from playstationtrophies.org

Below you can see a list of the level and Keeper wave that the special kill order Keepers spawn in, as well as waves that require a certain multiplier:

• Acis
    • 7th (3x+ Multiplier)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Ceres
    • 8th (Kill Order)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Decima
    • 4th(Kill Order)
    • 7th (Kill Order)
    • 9th (3x+ Multiplier)
  • Febris
    • 2nd (Kill Order)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Mefitis
    • 7th (3x+ Multiplier),
    • 8th (4x+ Multiplier)
    • Final human (Kill Order)

All multiplier values are based on the Experienced difficulty. Rookie requires one lower multiplier level.

• Like 1

You need to reach exact combo to unlock humans.

Information from playstationtrophies.org

Below you can see a list of the level and Keeper wave that the special kill order Keepers spawn in, as well as waves that require a certain multiplier:

• Acis
    • 7th (3x+ Multiplier)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Ceres
    • 8th (Kill Order)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Decima
    • 4th(Kill Order)
    • 7th (Kill Order)
    • 9th (3x+ Multiplier)
  • Febris
    • 2nd (Kill Order)
    • 9th (4x+ Multiplier)
  • Mefitis
    • 7th (3x+ Multiplier),
    • 8th (4x+ Multiplier)
    • Final human (Kill Order)

All multiplier values are based on the Experienced difficulty. Rookie requires one lower multiplier level.

Well holy shit, there's something I didn't know. That would explain the odd one dying at random on me every now and then.

But these guys aren't the ones that confuse me. Each level has X amount of humans right, usually somewhere around 10 ... but then at the end of them all, there's another 2 in a separate little section. They were added with one of the updates many moons ago and I could never pinpoint their trigger.

Although after reading everything in this thread, I'd be inclined to believe it's something similar to what you posted. I've not looked up anything about the humans pretty well since the game's launch (in the day when first playing I sucked and Google'd which humans would give me extra lives) and never bothered to find out the answer to the mystery.

I'll be sure to remember your post though, when replaying, because that's at least 2 extra humans every level that need not die. Cheers!

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy