Nintendo Trophy Lists

DetectiveCJ

I'd love to see a type of achievement system in Nintendo games and really hoping to get that with Switch :D There are already "in-game achievements" in a bunch of games, but I'd love to see something shown on your profile like Trophies are (could even just be a copypaste from the in-game list for the games that have them) I'm a collector (at least in games I care for) and before I got a PS3 I always loved collecting everything, getting 100% save files ect. And I guess it's even more encouraging when I have something to "show" for it, or specific things to aim for, even if it's just a small image with some text on your profile? I also rarely got much self-satisfaction in stuff like "beat the optional, super-hard bonus boss just because you can" or "beat the game with no extra lives/limited hearts" by itself, traning and grinding for hours just to do that... but with an achievement it suddenly feels more worthwhile. x3 (I've just never been much of a fan of "hard only for the sake of hard and challenge" in general, it needs something beyond just being a challenge) And I still like exploring the game even outside of achievements/trophies. Having something to aim for is always nice.

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

So, yeah... plenty to import, even if we only look at day one titles :)

Plus for rhythm game fans there's Taiko no Tatsujin (though I don't think anything's been said about release date for that, and there's rumors about a possible localization? Though even if it's getting localized you'd probably still have to import for the original songlist... rhythm games with licensed songs sometimes have trouble with localization because of that. Maybe I'll get both, Japanese for the original songlist because i'm a weeb and localized to support localization of Taiko and Japanese rhythm games in general)

On 17.1.2017 at 3:30 PM, BillyHorrible said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAno. In earnest, I started buying cheap but easy games just for the quick completions and I read walkthroughs before I started a game. Had most of the Mass Effect trilogy spoiled for me that way, that was the moment when I decided I didn't like what looking for achievements had done to me. I was gaming less and less until, with the PS4, came a new trophy system where I could start fresh.

That's why I'm more of a "casual" trophy hunter - I only buy the games I actually care about and that I would play anyway in the first place, if one or two trophies are just too annoyingly hard to get that Platinum I won't let it bother me too much and at least try to get what I can and look over the list of the stuff I DID accomplish, and I'd never buy a terrible, cheap game just for easy trophies.
While I rarely read full walkthroughs before a game I do tend to do a quick check if there's any missable ones (this goes for collectibles in non-achievement games too) - there are few things that hurts more for a collector than knowing you'll have to play most of the game over again for a chance of getting that last thing.

Edited by Zanreo

On 1/17/2017 at 8:30 AM, BillyHorrible said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAno. In earnest, I started buying cheap but easy games just for the quick completions and I read walkthroughs before I started a game. Had most of the Mass Effect trilogy spoiled for me that way, that was the moment when I decided I didn't like what looking for achievements had done to me. I was gaming less and less until, with the PS4, came a new trophy system where I could start fresh.

Even with guides, Mass Effect is a chore to plat. I loved the game, but God - what an annoying set of trophies!

On 18-1-2017 at 4:13 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Not enough weebness there :awesome:

Pretty much all of them (maybe Nobunaga not) will be coming eventually. Most importers import because the games cannot be obtained in their own country so... if you can get them, why import? :D

Because with import you can get them sooner :) it's one game in the launch already though, there's bound to be more.

On 18-1-2017 at 4:45 PM, Zanreo said:

That's why I'm more of a "casual" trophy hunter - I only buy the games I actually care about and that I would play anyway in the first place, if one or two trophies are just too annoyingly hard to get that Platinum I won't let it bother me too much and at least try to get what I can and look over the list of the stuff I DID accomplish, and I'd never buy a terrible, cheap game just for easy trophies.
While I rarely read full walkthroughs before a game I do tend to do a quick check if there's any missable ones (this goes for collectibles in non-achievement games too) - there are few things that hurts more for a collector than knowing you'll have to play most of the game over again for a chance of getting that last thing.

Nah, if there's many missables then I'll replay if the game is fun enough. The games I bought back then weren't terrible, just not as good as my cut-off limit is these days.

On 18-1-2017 at 5:12 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Even with guides, Mass Effect is a chore to plat. I loved the game, but God - what an annoying set of trophies!

Nah. Mass Effect has many different options and the trophy list forces you to do different choices and play styles, I respect that. Absolutely going back some day for the remaining two playthroughs.

Edited by BillyHorrible
typo