Nintendo Trophy Lists

DetectiveCJ

I know that Nintendo is not well-discussed here because this is a PSN forum, but I was thinking... what if, in the future with Nintendo NX, the new president saw us and said "Holy s***, we need to start our own trophy system for our games ASAP to draw in those PSN leeches!" and started up a new trophy system and all Nintendo games had to have trophy lists?

The reason I wanted to start this thread is for us to make up fake trophy lists for classic and non-classic Nintendo games including Platinums. I know that Nintendo's system probably won't mirror Playstations, but what if Nintendo's games were adopted by PSN? There are several games I'd play on Nintendo if they had trophies for getting stuff in them, so throw out your ideas!

• Like 1

There's been attempts of achievement systems with the stamps in Mario Kart 8 for example, so it's possible for them to expand on that idea in the future. But as damon said, if they do it, they'll do it in a way we haven't seen before.

I think Nintendo's focus is somewhere different than achievements/trophies. While they probably wouldn't tell developers not to put them in their own games, but it's highly unlikely to happen in quite the same way.

To be honest, in a way, Amiibos could be their new trophy system. Potential: You must scan every Amiibo in certain titles to unlock all features in the game. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The difference between Nintendo and the rest of the gaming companies: Nintendo is a leader, not a follower. They don't always make the best decisions and they pay the price because of it sometimes, but you never see them jump late on the bandwagon that someone else started. Which is why I think you'll never see them start an achievement system.

This. They try new things. Doubtful they will jump on board.

There's been attempts of achievement systems with the stamps in Mario Kart 8 for example, so it's possible for them to expand on that idea in the future. But as damon said, if they do it, they'll do it in a way we haven't seen before.

Lots of games have in game award systems. For years. On any console.

This. They try new things. Doubtful they will jump on board.

Lots of games have in game award systems. For years. On any console.

I'm clearly aware of that, but the stamps do find some degree of use outside of the game, so they're more than just in-game awards.

I think Nintendo's focus is somewhere different than achievements/trophies. While they probably wouldn't tell developers not to put them in their own games, but it's highly unlikely to happen in quite the same way.

To be honest, in a way, Amiibos could be their new trophy system. Potential: You must scan every Amiibo in certain titles to unlock all features in the game. AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Amiibos should not be seen in that form. I just bought the Dr Mario's amiibo. They only are useful to play  with them in the console and no more. They are cute but it is not an achievement of skills since it is up to you if buy them or not. About Nintendo, hope they do not create an achievment system since I love to play to have fun in their consoles. And I'll become a trophy hunter in psn, and another one in other company is not the idea. They are the leader of all consoles and it is enough :). I do not see the hour to buy my Wii U.

I think they'll do it in a way that might actually benefit the player in some form in real life. Let's face it, trophies and achievements don't really benefit us aside from pure satisfaction and to make our profiles stand out from the rest. They might implement a system where money might be rewarded to the player or perhaps something else entirely? :huh:

Ew. 

The last thing I'd want Nintendo to do is this. Games are so much more fun most of the time when trophies aren't involved. 'Least for me.

You know you can just ignore them if you don't want to deal with them, don't you? You can even turn off the notification that pops when you get one.

I don't see how the mere existence of a trophy/achievement system makes games less fun. Nobody is forcing you to get them.

• Like 2

The difference between Nintendo and the rest of the gaming companies: Nintendo is a leader, not a follower. They don't always make the best decisions and they pay the price because of it sometimes, but you never see them jump late on the bandwagon that someone else started. Which is why I think you'll never see them start an achievement system.

Kind of like their attempt to jump at the "next gen" bandwagon right? Oh wait.

Amiibos should not be seen in that form. I just bought the Dr Mario's amiibo. They only are useful to play  with them in the console and no more. They are cute but it is not an achievement of skills since it is up to you if buy them or not. About Nintendo, hope they do not create an achievment system since I love to play to have fun in their consoles. And I'll become a trophy hunter in psn, and another one in other company is not the idea. They are the leader of all consoles and it is enough :). I do not see the hour to buy my Wii U.

How do you know no game will require them all in the future? I'm going to keep thinking of them like that.

I think they'll do it in a way that might actually benefit the player in some form in real life. Let's face it, trophies and achievements don't really benefit us aside from pure satisfaction and to make our profiles stand out from the rest. They might implement a system where money might be rewarded to the player or perhaps something else entirely? :huh:

You mean like Uplay was supposed to be? Play Ubisoft games, get points for rewards in Ubisoft games?

Kind of like their attempt to jump at the "next gen" bandwagon right? Oh wait.

I'm sorry, what was that? Is that sort of like when Sony and Microsoft was riding the Wii's successful coattails by introducing their owned failed motion control systems? Or when there was no such thing as a successful handheld console until the Game Boy came out?

• Like 2

It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo did something a while after everyone did it. That said, I do agree it probably will be unique in some form if the new system does have achievements. And heck, they really could just be the exact same thing as Xbox achievements or playstation trophies, and I'd be happy. Trophies are the reasons I play my vita more then my 3ds after all.

• Like 1

Splatoon

38 Trophies (1,155 Points - :platinum: 1 :gold: 4 :silver: 8 :bronze: 25)

:platinum: Image of Inkopolis
Become the image of Inkopolis by unlocking every trophy.

:gold:Guardian of the Great Zapfish

Save the Great Zapfish in Octo Valley.

:gold:Story of the Sunken Scrolls

Recover all 32 Sunken Scrolls in Octo Valley.

:gold:Fresher than the Rest

Reach Level 50 (online) and equip the Legendary Cap.

:gold:Squid+

Reach S+ rank (online).

:silver:Pretty Fresh

Reach Level 20 (online).

:silver:A Squid

Reach A rank (online).

:silver:Last Second Save

Launch an Inkstrike with 5 seconds remaining and secure victory (online).

:silver:Squidtastic Comeback

Win a ranked match in overtime/extra time (online).

:silver:Squidicide

Splat 10 enemies in a single match (online).

:silver:Inking Idol

Ink at least 1,500p in a single match (online).

:silver:Scenic Squid

Play a match on every map (online).

:silver:Freshest Fashion

Purchase every single piece of gear.

:bronze:Stay Fresh

Purchase and equip some new gear.

:bronze:Back-alley Business

Order and purchase a piece of gear from Spyke.

:bronze:Battle Dojo

Play a round of Battle Dojo.

:bronze:Connoisseur of the Classics

Reach Stage 10 in Squid Jump.

:bronze:War on Turf

Win a round of Turf Wars (online).

:bronze:King of the Hill

Win a round of Splat Zones (online).

:bronze:Tower of Power

Win a round of Tower Control (online).

:bronze:Making it Rain

Win a round of Rainmaker (online).

:bronze:Inkling Democracy

Participate in a Splatfest (online).

:bronze:Mess Shooting

Ink 50,000p worth of Turf with Shooter-class weapons (online).

:bronze:Rollers at Dawn

Ink 50,000p worth of Turf with Roller-class weapons (online).

:bronze:Laser Focus

Splat 100 enemies with Charger-class weapons (online).

:bronze:Bucketing Down

Ink 50,000p worth of Turf with Slosher-class weapons (online).

:bronze:Splat-a-tat

Splat 100 enemies with Splatling-class weapons (online).

:bronze:Passive Aggression

Splat an enemy with a Sprinkler (online).

:bronze:Squid Surprise

Splat an enemy with an Ink Mine (online).

:bronze:Disruptive Technology

Splat an enemy whilst they're under the effects of a Disruptor (online).

:bronze:Squid in a Barrel

Splat an enemy as they land from a Super Jump (online).

:bronze:Bomb Rush

Splat two enemies with a single Bomb Rush (online).

:bronze:Inkstrike Inbound

Splat two enemies with a single Inkstrike (online).

:bronze:Wail on Them

Splat two enemies with a single Killer Wail (online).

:bronze:Outgunned

Splat a Charger-wielding enemy with an Inkzooka (online).

:bronze:Location, Location, Location

Activate your Echolocator three times in a single match (online).

:bronze:Release the Kraken

Activate your Kraken three times in a single match (online).

:bronze:Bubble Boy

Activate your Bubbler three times in a single match (online).

• Like 3

How do you know no game will require them all in the future? I'm going to keep thinking of them like that.

You mean like Uplay was supposed to be? Play Ubisoft games, get points for rewards in Ubisoft games?

Yeah something like that, but in Nintendo style! :)

The amiibos seem suspiciously like Skylanders, don't you think? 

I think at best, Nintendo will make in-game achievements, nothing like trophies/MS achievements.

It doesn't seem like something Nintendo players would be interested in. 

That's kind of what they did with Pokemon Black and White 2 with the medals, although some of them are fucking ridiculous.

I think Bayonetta 2 as well as the port of the first one had an in game achievement system too. 

I personally would love to see Nintendo incorperate a achievement/trophy system. Even their developers implement achievements in their own games (Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Lego City Undercover) so it would be about time for Nintendo to set up a system like that. Not only does it incentivise playing the game, but it also gives some great online bragging rights. Would also love to see them apply the trophy system to former titles and titles released on Virtual Console, like... Mario 64 for instance, anyhow, here's some of my ideas for Nintendo trophy lists:

Super Mario 64:

Super Mario 64 - Champion! (Platinum) (Gotten all of the Super Mario 64 trophies)

Yahoo! - (Bronze) (Aquired your first star)
Wah! - (Bronze) (Unlocked your first star door)
Zzzz... (Bronze) (Hidden) (Made Mario go to sleep)
If Walls could Talk... (Bronze) (Hidden) (Found a Castle Secret Star!)
Halfway there... (Bronze) (Get 60 stars)
Livin' on a Prayer (Bronze) (Get a "Game over")

Yayayayayayayayahoo! (Silver) (Hidden) (Did that one staircase glitch...)

Bowser in the Dark World (Bronze) (Beat Bowser for the 1st time)

Bowser in the Lava Sea (Bronze) (Beat Bowser for the 2nd time)
Bowser in the Sky (Silver) (Beaten Bowser a 3rd time)

Yippiee! (Gold) (Get all 120 stars)

So long-a Bowser! (Gold) (Beaten 3rd Bowser battle with all 120 stars)

Smash Bros (Whatever version):

Smash King! - (Platinum) (Aquire all other trophies in Super Smash Bros.)
Starting Out Small (Bronze) (Complete the tutorial)

Great job! (Bronze) (Beaten Classic mode)

AWESOME job! (Silver) (Beaten Classic mode with every character)
SMASHING! (Gold) (Beaten Classic mode on hardest difficulty with every character)

Challenger Approached... (Bronze) (Unlocked a secret character)

Challengers Approached (Silver) (Unlocked every character)

-.:To be continued!