Purchase PSN Avatars Missing

Aranea Highwind

Note: This problem is affecting people partially (e.g some people may be missing a few avatars, not missing any avatar, missing all of the avatars from a specific game)

With the being said since last week there has been a problem on PSN affecting people were they lose all of the purchased avatars. Most of the avatars missing are from Capcom titles (Resident Evil 5, Mega Man Legends 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3) just to name a few.

All of the avatars mentioned above were available on the PS4 since the option to use Premium avatars was implemented on the PS4. For some reason those avatars along with others are no longer appearing on the Premium avatars list. If you are missing avatars from a specific game, feel free to list them here. 

List of avatars missing:

Resident Evil 4 (unknow)

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)

Resident Evil 6

Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Street Fighter 3 (PS3)

Street Fighter 4 (PS3)

Darkstalkers

Viewtiful Joe (unknown)

Pocket Fighter (unknown)

Mega Man Legends 2 (unknown)

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! (unknown)

Hatsune Mikue: Project DIVA F 2nd

Virtua Fighter

Hyperdimension (Mk2 and Victory) 
Senran Kagura
Fairy Fencer F (unknown)
Mind Zero (unknown)
TALES OF HEARTS R (unknown)
The Guided Fate Paradox (unknown)
Agarest: Generations of War 2 (unknown)
ORESHIKA: TAINTED BLOODLINES (unknown)
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed  (unknown)
Disruptive Publishers (unknown)
Edited by Paige
  • Like 1

Is this a temporary issue or permanent loss? I don't understand the point of this thread... shouldn't these be reported to Sony if it's a bug?

I still see most of these avatar on sale on the PS store, so I don't think they got delisted. Please explain?

Is this a temporary issue or permanent loss? I don't understand the point of this thread... shouldn't these be reported to Sony if it's a bug?

I still see most of these avatar on sale on the PS store, so I don't think they got delisted. Please explain?

I'm actually part of the MVP Support team. The point of this thread is to further investigate which PSN avatars are missing so the Support team can have more of a clue of what's going on. Most of the avatars missing are from old games.

And yes Sony is aware of this issue.

Yup... I bought the Fou-Lu avatar from Breath of Fire 4 (a Capcom game) way back when I got my PS3, it's not showing on the list on my PS4.

Edit: It's still there on my PS3. Weird bug.

Yup weird glitch indeed.

Thanks for clarifying and sorry about my confusion, I'll verify if any of my bought avatar doesn't show up. ^^

No problem.  :lol: 

I have the same issue i have purchased ps3 avatars they were showing up on my ps4 few weeks ago but now i only see 3 avatars and the rest is missing yes they are showing up on my ps3 i have the following avatars from

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Senran Kagura

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

hope sony can fix this i loved the able to change ps3 avatars on my ps4 system.

• 1 month later...

Note: This problem is affecting people partially (e.g some people may be missing a few avatars, not missing any avatar, missing all of the avatars from a specific game)

With the being said since last week there has been a problem on PSN affecting people were they lose all of the purchased avatars. Most of the avatars missing are from Capcom titles (Resident Evil 5, Mega Man Legends 2, Marvel vs Capcom 3) just to name a few.

All of the avatars mentioned above were available on the PS4 since the option to use Premium avatars was implemented on the PS4. For some reason those avatars along with others are no longer appearing on the Premium avatars list. If you are missing avatars from a specific game, feel free to list them here. 

List of avatars missing:

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5 (PS3)

Resident Evil 6

Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Street Fighter 3 (PS3)

Street Fighter 4 (PS3)

Darkstalkers

Viewtiful Joe

Pocket Fighter

Mega Man Legends 2

Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!

Hatsune Mikue: Project DIVA F 2nd

Virtua Fighter

I'd like to add:

Hyperdimension (Mk2 and Victory)

Senran Kagura

Fairy Fencer F

Mind Zero

TALES OF HEARTS R

The Guided Fate Paradox

Agarest: Generations of War 2

ORESHIKA: TAINTED BLOODLINES

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed

Disruptive Publishers

Edited by Kaurhz

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue when they allowed avatars they were all there then 6 or 7 vanished including my current red riding hood avatar from the ps4 not game ones but general PS3 one I reported it on psn forum the guy reported it said he would be back with a fix that was 2 months back and no word yet

Edited by Romanus1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, 

As of 10/08/2017, I updated my Avatar to a Warframe one from my previous 'Perry the Platypus' which I purchased long ago, I went to change back to Perry the Platypus but he's not in my avatar selection and on the PS Store, I can only find Cleetus the Platypus :(

31 minutes ago, Sharp2klol said:

Hello, 

As of 10/08/2017, I updated my Avatar to a Warframe one from my previous 'Perry the Platypus' which I purchased long ago, I went to change back to Perry the Platypus but he's not in my avatar selection and on the PS Store, I can only find Cleetus the Platypus :(

Where are you checking from? PC, PS4, PS3?

I tried on both PC and PS4, I think I originally purchased Perry the Platypus avatar back when I had a PS3, but that's long gone now :( I've been using that avatar ever since I purchased it - it's only now that I've changed it that I can't seem to get it back.

• 3 months later...

guys, do this:

through the PlayStation app for iOS and Android:

Edit profile > enter your login data > Avatar > to the right, the "Edit" button > check all your avatars there, no need to download anything.

through the web browser:

go to https://store.playstation.com/ > enter your login data > click on your ID > Account Settings > maybe you will need to enter your login data again > click on "Security" > click the link where is says "For 2-Step Verification, please visit this page" > click OK > PSN Profile > Avatar > Edit > check your avatars

If you don't see the desired avatar, check the store to see if it's available, if not, contact Sony.

Quick reply here: https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

• Like 1