Help with downloading Japanese games on a US Vita/account.

RedSkyKing

First I would like to apologize if this question has already been ask. I tried looking for a topic similar to this one, but couldn't find one.                                                                            Anyways, I want to buy a digital ony game on the Vita, but my Vita is limited to the US Sony market. I want to be able to play this game on my main account (the one I'm using) without having to create a Japanese account to play the game on (I do have a Japanese Sony accout, but I only ever use it to buy games to play on my US accout.)

I know it's difficult to do, but I'm up for the task  B)

I hope this made sense. I'm not the best with words sometimes  :S

Thanks for your time!! 

Edited by RedSkyKing

I know it's difficult to do

It's not difficult to do, it's legally impossible because the vita can only have one account at once. To play the digital japanese games you want, you will need to use the japanese account you have and play signed to that. Your only hope would be to buy physical, but you would be locked out of any dlcs.

• Like 1

Damn. Ithought it was possible. And unfortunately for me there is no existence of a physical copy.

It is impossible to play a Japanese digital account on your US Vita account - however, if you just want to play the game, and already have the Japanese account, you could buy a new memory card, format your Vita, set it up as a new user under the Japanese account, download and play the game, then format the Vita when you are done and revert back to your US account.

It is a pain, but if you really just want to play the game and don't mind playing it on the alternate account, it can be done....

First I would like to apologize if this question has already been ask. I tried looking for a topic similar to this one, but couldn't find one.                                                                            Anyways, I want to buy a digital ony game on the Vita, but my Vita is limited to the US Sony market. I want to be able to play this game on my main account (the one I'm using) without having to create a Japanese account to play the game on (I do have a Japanese Sony accout, but I only ever use it to buy games to play on my US accout.)

Thanks for your time!! 

Not possible I think. :/

Thanks for your time!! 

It's difficult because you can't download games from other regions on your Vita depending on what your account is.  You need a Japanese account to download Japanese games and that would be the only account that can play those games.  You will have to buy the games in retail if you want to play Japanese games on your Vita on your main account or use your Japanese account as your main.

if you just want to play the game, and already have the Japanese account, you could buy a new memory card, format your Vita, set it up as a new user under the Japanese account, download and play the game, then format the Vita when you are done and revert back to your US account.

It is a pain, but if you really just want to play the game and don't mind playing it on the alternate account, it can be done....

Thanks for the suggestion! Thankfully I have a spare memory card lying around ^_^

(And remember, if you don't do that just because you want to play it on your main account, it means you don't want to play that game enough :D)

Haha yeah good point. I definitely still want to play the game, it just would've been nice to have those trophies on my account. Oh well ^~^