Stewart's Collection of Digital Gaming Icons

StewartBros

I would of considered making a new thread since you abandoned this for over five years. I already see you've made changes to your OP so all is good.

Very good, very decent trophy list. I was wondering if you can remember some of your older stuff, particularly Enslaved: Odyssey to the West as I'm playing that now and I'm looking to completely eliminate my PS3 backlog because reasons.

Impressive array of game series, particularly Metal Gear Solid even though you weren't able to do Revengeance or MGS2. I remember back in the day when Konami advertised MGS4, when Snake is basically in his twilight years, seeing what was back then very impressive visuals. I don't even know if it still holds the record for the longest cutscenes in a video game, a lot has happened since mid 2008 when it released.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to MGS2, MGS4, MGS V: Ground Zeroes and MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Hideo Kojima could turn out to be a favorite of mine. I did a test run of MGS V: Ground Zeroes and just watching the long cutscene at the beginning really had me pumped up.

Good thread. A word of warning on Mafia III, that game is glitched on it's current update version which makes some trophies unobtainable. Even if you don't aim for the platinum, I say it's worth at least experiencing for the story, which was always a strong point in the Mafia franchise.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 3:17 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I would of considered making a new thread since you abandoned this for over five years. I already see you've made changes to your OP so all is good.

I considered starting over, but most of the framework for a checklist was already here, so I just had to revise and update the existing list rather than starting afresh.

Very good, very decent trophy list. I was wondering if you can remember some of your older stuff, particularly Enslaved: Odyssey to the West as I'm playing that now and I'm looking to completely eliminate my PS3 backlog because reasons.

I had a ton of fun with Enslaved; it was such a great game to me.  It didn't get as much attention as it probably should have, which pretty much ensured that we wouldn't get a sequel, but I really enjoyed playing it.  Some of the dialogue exchanges between Monkey and Pigsy were very amusing, the combat was fluid and fun, and the environments looked amazing.  In the unlikely event that Enslaved ever gets remastered, it will be a day one buy for me.

Impressive array of game series, particularly Metal Gear Solid even though you weren't able to do Revengeance or MGS2. I remember back in the day when Konami advertised MGS4, when Snake is basically in his twilight years, seeing what was back then very impressive visuals. I don't even know if it still holds the record for the longest cutscenes in a video game, a lot has happened since mid 2008 when it released.

MGS4 still looks graphically impressive even to this day.  Obviously it can't stand up to the likes of Uncharted 4 or TLOU, but it can still hold its own, which is an impressive feat for a 13 year old game.

The MGS2 plat is no pushover - the hardest difficulty requires you to destroy 20 Metal Gear RAYs one after another and then go straight into the climactic battle against Solidus - you pretty much need a perfect, no-damage run against the RAYs to even stand a chance against Solidus.  And the VR missions that task you with protecting a target from waves of guards are tough as well.  I always intended to go back t MGS2 and give it another shot, but it just didn't happen.

And Revengeance is an extremely challenging plat - you need lightning fast reflexes and perfect combo timing for that game.  Pulling off fast combos was never my strongest suit, so I knew from the start that I wouldn't plat Revengeance - I did what I could, enjoyed it, and just  left it there.  You can't win them all.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

I had a ton of fun with Enslaved; it was such a great game to me.  It didn't get as much attention as it probably should have, which pretty much ensured that we wouldn't get a sequel, but I really enjoyed playing it.  Some of the dialogue exchanges between Monkey and Pigsy were very amusing, the combat was fluid and fun, and the environments looked amazing.  In the unlikely event that Enslaved ever gets remastered, it will be a day one buy for me.

I'm honestly surprised you don't have Dante's Inferno or Spec Ops the Line, they both had good stories and were linear, more on the AA threshold like Enslaved. If you really enjoyed Enslaved I think you would of liked both of them. Although I see you have Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, which was literally the first game that Enslaved reminded me of.

I never played Enslaved before last week, but I played for just 30 minutes to sort of test out the controls and parkour mechanics. Not too bad honestly. I played Dante's Inferno back on the Xbox 360, and I can definitely say it's perhaps my favorite God of War clone.

51 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

MGS4 still looks graphically impressive even to this day.  Obviously it can't stand up to the likes of Uncharted 4 or TLOU, but it can still hold its own, which is an impressive feat for a 13 year old game.

There's a complete playthrough on YouTube showing how to get the Big Boss emblem, but I'll leave that for my final playthrough. Will probably spend the first playthrough goofing around, which I read you have to do anyway for the Chicken emblem.

MGS4 is probably still up there with having some of the longest cutscenes in a video game.

53 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

The MGS2 plat is no pushover - the hardest difficulty requires you to destroy 20 Metal Gear RAYs one after another and then go straight into the climactic battle against Solidus - you pretty much need a perfect, no-damage run against the RAYs to even stand a chance against Solidus.  And the VR missions that task you with protecting a target from waves of guards are tough as well.  I always intended to go back t MGS2 and give it another shot, but it just didn't happen.

Adam McDermott ensured me that I can definitely get this platinum:

Great dude, been watching him for a long time and he is probably my favorite trophy hunter YouTuber.

55 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

And Revengeance is an extremely challenging plat - you need lightning fast reflexes and perfect combo timing for that game.  Pulling off fast combos was never my strongest suit, so I knew from the start that I wouldn't plat Revengeance - I did what I could, enjoyed it, and just  left it there.  You can't win them all.

I still think this is likely easier than Street Fighter 4 or Street Fighter 5. I don't want to even think about doing those combos, which I hear you have to pull off with inputting moves within 1/60th of a second.

That is hardcore right there.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've had a bit of a break from playing for the last month or so - I needed a bit of time off after completing 6 games for the Trophies To Fight Cancer event at the end of last year.

I'm going to get back to Onimusha Warlords in a few days and do my best to platinum it.  The only real obstacle standing in my way is the Oni Spirits minigame - if I can beat that, then the plat is all but guaranteed.

I'll also get back to work on Hitman 2 and go for the 100% on that game.  That will take quite some time, but I'm confident that I can do it.

Also, I picked up a copy of Train Sim World 2020 a few days ago, and since the majority of the DLC for that game is currently on sale, I'll likely buy most of it.  I am absolutely NOT going for platinum or 100% on TSW though - that will take hundreds of hours of grinding.  I'm aware that there are a few exploits you can use to cut down the overall time, but I'm just going to treat TSW as a long-term relaxation game, where I don't need to concern myself with the trophies.  My overall completion percentage will take a bit of a hit, but I'm not bothered about that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, my time away from trophy hunting ended up being considerably longer than I initially planned.  It ended up lasting through December, all of January and half of February.  For a decent chunk of that time, I was playing Red Dead Online again, getting back into the swing of things there, since I'm done with GTA V forever.  I helped a mate get his RDO trophies and just enjoyed being able to play something without having any kind of 'goal' in mind.  Never having to think "I need to do this action to get a trophy" was actually quite therapeutic.

Anyway, I'm finally back, and have decided to fire up Unmechanical: Extended and knock out a quick 100% completion.  I played this on PS3 years ago and enjoyed it, and once I'm done with this version, I'll start taking down Hitman 2.  It will be a nice accomplishment if I can get that game to 100%.

So Unmechanical is completed.  Took just over a day to do it, as opposed to about 4 hours back on PS3 ?

I've now earned my first new trophy in Hitman 2, for completing the Miami mission:

:bronze:Damage Control

25L10e53e.png

It will be a bit of a grind to complete this game, but I'm enjoying the many varied ways to assassinate targets using the myriad tools at your disposal, so it's not too repetitive.

• 1 month later...

L113415.png

HITMAN 2 - BASE GAME

I've finally completed the base trophy list for Hitman 2.  This has been a lot of fun to play through - there are 6 or 7 different Mission Stories for each level, each offering a different way to assassinate your target(s), with many more methods available beyond the Stories.  Each level also features dozens of feats and challenges which grant XP upon completion, and sometimes bonus equipment or disguises that you can use in other levels.  Most levels task you with reaching Mastery level 20, though a couple of them only ask you to reach level 15.

There is a staggering amount of unlockable items for you to earn, including silenced sniper rifles, tranquillizer pistols, explosive rubber ducks, shurikens, snowballs, blueberry muffins (!), and many more - you can actually knock NPCs out with the muffin!  These all offer you additional options for distracting guards and killing targets, and as you can choose your starting equipment, and also have a single item of your choice smuggled into the level for you, it really does give you complete freedom in how you go about your missions.  Want to get in, kill your target and get out without ever being spotted?  You have ample equipment to help you with that.  Want to go on a murderous rampage and shoot every guard in the place?  Plenty of guns available, but just take care to pick a position that you can easily defend.

The most challenging - and also the most rewarding, in terms of personal satisfaction - aspect of each level is completing the feats that task you with assassinating only your targets and exiting the level with no bodies being found, all the time dressed only in 47's signature suit.  This means that you can't simply knock out an NPC, take his clothes and just stroll into an area that would otherwise be off-limits to you - you must complete the whole mission in your starting suit whilst avoiding detection the entire time.  Many of these challenges award large sums of XP, so it's well worth trying to achieve some of them.  I haven't done them in all the missions yet, but I will be aiming to do some more.

Now, I just need to earn the remaining 14 trophies from the Hitman 2 Additional Expansion pack, and then I will have fully completed this game.  There is no platinum waiting for me at the end, but when a game is as enjoyable as this one, that doesn't even matter.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally.

After 1 year and 5 months of on-again-off-again playing, both of Hitman 2's trophy lists are complete.

I've had a lot of fun playing this game, as it offers so much replayability value.  I still haven't even come close to completing all of the feats and challenges in the game, but I think it's definitely time for a break.

Now that I'm sitting at 9,890 trophies, and am creeping towards 10,000, I've been thinking for the last few weeks about which game should take that coveted spot.  I'm going to aim to make the Metal Gear Solid V platinum my 10,000th trophy.

I set myself a little challenge for every 1,000th trophy, that it needs to be a platinum trophy and not just some crappy bronze trophy or something.  Every thousandth trophy thus far has been a platinum, and I like to try and keep the streak going.  The ones I managed so far are:

1,000 - Transformers: War for Cybertron

2,000 - Metal Gear Solid 3

3,000 - Assassin's Creed III

4,000 - Far Cry Classic

5,000 - L.A. Noire

6,000 - Beyond: Two Souls

7,000 - Saints Row: The Third

8,000 - inFAMOUS: Second Son

9,000 - Erica

So, I'll be starting MGS Ground Zeroes next, so I can follow it up with The Phantom Pain.  Ideally, I will leave one or two easy trophies until the end, and then delay the platinum until the right time.  I will also play another game alongside it, not just to break up the monotony of grinding missions over and over, but also to prepare another platinum as a backup, in case I can't get all the S-Ranks in MGS or something.

Wish me luck! :D

• Like 3

So, I started playing Ground Zeroes last night, and now have 6 of the 15 trophies done.

My first run of the main mission took me 3 hours!  But, that was because I just chose to take my time and explore as much of the map as I could, as well as studying enemy patrol routes, learning item locations, and simply admiring the stunning graphics.  Seriously, this game looks utterly beautiful.  The camp area is bigger than I had expected it to be, and the controls took a little getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Hopefully it won't take too long to 100% it, so i can move on to The Phantom Pain.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, StewartBros said:

So, I started playing Ground Zeroes last night, and now have 6 of the 15 trophies done.

My first run of the main mission took me 3 hours!  But, that was because I just chose to take my time and explore as much of the map as I could, as well as studying enemy patrol routes, learning item locations, and simply admiring the stunning graphics.  Seriously, this game looks utterly beautiful.  The camp area is bigger than I had expected it to be, and the controls took a little getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Hopefully it won't take too long to 100% it, so i can move on to The Phantom Pain.

I read that the game is quite tedious in regards to trophies. Unlocking all trials requires you to tag the enemies with your binoculars. Looking at how rare the trophy is, I assume a lot of people struggled with it or simply gave up.

Congratulations on Hitman 2 by the way, what an awesome game that is! Good luck with making Phantom Pain's platinum trophy number 10,000. I'm sure you'll do it.

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Unlocking all trials requires you to tag the enemies with your binoculars. Looking at how rare the trophy is, I assume a lot of people struggled with it or simply gave up.

Don't get too intimidated by this, AJ is right in a sense, that it is part of unlocking all of the trials, but........

.....you've actually actually set yourself up for it better than you think, with this...

On 06/05/2022 at 1:56 AM, StewartBros said:

I think because you've already explored quite thoroughly, you'll probably not have too much of a problem with that tagging enemies with Binoculars trial. It's not as intimidating as it sounds.

I had a little look at your profile like a nosy git, xD and it looks like an almost safe bet to say you're an MGS fan so I think you're going to have a really good time with one of the Side Ops missions if you haven't done it already. Got some nice little Easter Eggs in it.

It only took me about a few days to finish Ground Zeroes, and that was at a fairly slow pace so you should be starting Phantom Pain fairly soon. Enjoy it, I'll be very interested to see what you think of it.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

Lfd79b5.png

Completed in 1 week, 18 hours

So, the first part of the Metal Gear Solid V experience is complete.  I honestly can't believe that it's taken me 8 years to get around to playing this game, seeing as I'm a big fan of the series.  As I popped the disc into my PS4 for the first time, I actually uttered Snake's classic quote "Kept you waiting, huh?" to it. ?

As mentioned in my previous post, my first run of the main mission took 3 hours, but that was because I just took my time and explored the level as thoroughly as I could.  I studied guard patrols, located items, learned the controls, deliberately got myself spotted and killed to see how much damage Snake could take, looked for hiding spots, and so on.  There are almost certainly a plethora of features that I still don't know about, which is one of the charms of a Metal Gear game - you can play through it 10 times and you still won't know/find everything.

The Ground Zeroes mission took me just 2 attempts to S-rank on Normal difficulty, which was the 2nd last thing I did in the game.  I got spotted once (when extracting Paz) and reloaded one checkpoint, and still got the S-rank, so you definitely don't need a perfect run.  The key to S-ranking the mission is to rescue every hostage in the cells where Chico is held, not just Chico himself.  Also, make sure you disable the Reflex ability, as this grants you over 5,000 extra points. 

The 6 Side Ops and Extra Ops are all relatively short and easy, with the exception of "Destroy The Anti-Air Emplacements" - this Side Op is without a doubt the toughest mission to S-rank.  I think I ended up reloading it 19 times before I finally got it.  "Intel Operative Rescue" and "Classified Intel Acquisition" are both short and easy, and easy to S-rank as well.  "Eliminate The Renegades" will be tough to S-rank unless you use the sniper rifle method.  "Deja Vu" is a lot of fun, and very nostalgic for anyone who has ever played MGS1.  I haven't played "Jamais Vu" yet, but will do so before starting The Phantom Pain.

On 08/05/2022 at 7:49 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I read that the game is quite tedious in regards to trophies. Unlocking all trials requires you to tag the enemies with your binoculars. Looking at how rare the trophy is, I assume a lot of people struggled with it or simply gave up.

Tagging every enemy is part of it, yes.  Sometimes a few enemies will not appear on the map unless you interrogate other guards first and tell them to "spit it out!", so if you were to just tranq/kill every guard after tagging them, you might not find them all.  You also need to complete every mission on Hard difficulty twice to unlock extra Trials.  This isn't too bad really, as there's no penalty for restarting checkpoints if you are discovered, and you also don't need to get S-ranks on Hard, so you can just take it slowly if you have to.  I did S-rank some missions on Hard, but didn't feel the need to do them all........... yet. ?

On 08/05/2022 at 5:09 PM, rjkclarke said:

Congratulations on Hitman 2 by the way, what an awesome game that is! Good luck with making Phantom Pain's platinum trophy number 10,000. I'm sure you'll do it.

Thanks - I really did enjoy Hitman 2.  It offers a vast amount of replay value that can keep you playing long after you've completed the trophies.  I'm looking forward to playing Hitman 3 and rounding out the trilogy. :)

On 08/05/2022 at 5:09 PM, rjkclarke said:

I had a little look at your profile like a nosy git, xD and it looks like an almost safe bet to say you're an MGS fan so I think you're going to have a really good time with one of the Side Ops missions if you haven't done it already. Got some nice little Easter Eggs in it.

Yep, I'm a big MGS fan.  Took me a while to get into MGS1 when I first played it, but it soon converted me!  The mission you're referring to was indeed a lot of fun, and I can see myself replaying it a few more times just for the nostalgia.  I might even look into doing all the trials as well.

• Like 4

On 5/13/2022 at 8:24 AM, StewartBros said:

...with the exception of "Destroy The Anti-Air Emplacements" - this Side Op is without a doubt the toughest mission to S-rank.  I think I ended up reloading it 19 times before I finally got it.

It is still relatively easy to S-rank with this trick. ;)

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

You took your time with Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and have moved on to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Seeing Ground Zeroes, it looks plenty doable for me.

Yeah, I was in no hurry to complete it.  Ever after I got the 100%, I still replayed it several times, just to complete trials and extract soldiers for use in TPP.

Ground Zeroes is fairly easy to 100%.  A couple of the S-Ranks might take a few attempts, but nothing should prove especially problematic.

And yeah, I've finally started on The Phantom Pain, and have earned the first 2 trophies.  It has begun...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

You can actually do this?

Well, depends on which version of GZ you have.  If it's the standalone version, you'll only be able to do it up until the end of this month, as that's when its servers are being taken down.  If you have the Definitive Edition of MGSV, then there's no shutdown date for that version (as far as I know).

But, yes, you can extract soldiers and prisoners from Ground Zeroes, then upload your save data to the Konami servers (you do this in-game), and then import that data into TPP, so that anyone you extracted in GZ will be available on your Mother Base in TPP.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've now been playing The Phantom Pain for a little under a month, and am sitting at 47% in-game completion.  It's taken me some 80-odd hours to get that far, but as with Ground Zeroes, I'm taking the time to explore the world in between (and sometimes during) missions, rather than just racing off to the waypoints in order to finish missions as fast as possible.  The two maps are definitely bigger than I had imagined them to be, and they look amazing - the rain and sandstorms help to hide you from enemies when you and they are close together, but they are also hidden from you unless you took the time to tag them from a distance with your binoculars.  Tagging enemies is the way to decide which ones you want to extract for use on Mother Base, and which ones can be largely ignored.  In some missions, though - especially the Total Stealth ones - it's sometimes easier to just extract everybody in order to clear the Hot Zone and reduce your chances of being detected.  Low level staff can then be dismissed from Mother Base once the mission is over.

Some of the missions so far will be tough to S-Rank with my current equipment, but I'm not worrying too much about S-Ranks for now.  I've managed 9 or 10 thus far, but for now, I'm content to just finish the story missions with whichever rank I get, and spend time developing weapons and equipment that will make the S-Ranks easier when I do start to go for them.

The story definitely isn't as complex as in the previous games - the game largely consists of just extracting a bunch of soldiers and destroying vehicles, with many missions actually having little real relevance to the plot.  Some of the missions that I've yet to do are simply harder versions of missions from earlier in the game, so there's a fair bit of filler content padding out the game, which is unfortunate.  Still, I'm glad to be playing TPP after all this time, and am hoping that the platinum will be my 10,000th trophy.

• Like 2

I'm amazed at how smooth both Metal Gear Solid V games run on the PS4. Probably why so many people end up sticking to the games and completing them.

I definitely want to try out and eventually complete Ground Zeroes, although I already said this. Personally I'm not big into stealth games, but Metal Gear Solid V may change my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

15Lf7e671.png

Elite

Complete all missions with an S rank.

So, the S-ranks have been finished at last. 

Surprisingly, many of them were actually fairly easy, and were done on my 1st attempt after watching an outline of what to do.  Some of them, like Sahelanthropus (Extreme), Cloaked In Silence (Extreme) and A Quiet Exit, were a pain to beat, let alone S-rank, with the first 2 of those 3 taking me a couple of days each to finish - Sahelanthropus in particular would ALWAYS one-shot me when it only had about 3% health left, which got real old, real fast.

Next, I need to wrap up the remaining mission tasks, of which there are still about 60 or so, which will take a bit of time, though it shouldn't be too bad once I develop the Stealth Camo, which will allow me to just run around whilst invisible instead of skulking in the shadows and tranqing any guard that gets too close to me.  I'm also currently building my nuke for the Deterrence trophy, and will finish by grinding out the Side Ops and any remaining collectibles, etc.

So, there's still a number of hours yet to invest into MGS V, but it should all be plain sailing from here on out.  It's only a matter of time.

• Like 3

Impressive work. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain looks rather daunting. Sooo much grinding, including the animals you have to scan and the number of replays you have to do to S rank all the missions. 

Online should still be good. You just need an online connection to develop a nuke, am I right? I don’t have to do anything else?

• Like 2

Really good work! I myself did 100% MGSV and can tell how of an amazing game is but pretty hard and somehow tedius at the end to get that platinum.

Keep the good job!

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Online should still be good. You just need an online connection to develop a nuke, am I right? I don’t have to do anything else?

That's correct but if I remember well I invaded a player base but not sure if for a trophy or resources haha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

That's correct but if I remember well I invaded a player base but not sure if for a trophy or resources haha 

I’m a purist. I have to start and finish Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes before I start The Phantom Pain. 

That’s just me. Gameplay is dope. Although stealth isn’t my go to gaming genre.

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

I’m a purist. I have to start and finish Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes before I start The Phantom Pain. 

That’s just me. Gameplay is dope. Although stealth isn’t my go to gaming genre.

Ground Zeroes is awesome I wasn't in the mood to 100% it at the moment of playing it. But definitely enjoy the gameplay and map.

On 30/06/2022 at 1:50 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Impressive work. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain looks rather daunting. Sooo much grinding, including the animals you have to scan and the number of replays you have to do to S rank all the missions. 

You do need to be connected to the Konami servers to develop your nuke, and also to dispose of it before another player can steal it from you.  This is what happened to me - someone stole it from my FOB (Forward Operating Base) before I got the chance to dispose of it, so now I have to build another one and hopefully be able to dispose of that one in time.

Also, you need to invade another player's FOB to get the Intruder trophy.  This is a very simple trophy, as you get it upon spawning into their base, so once it pops, you can abort the mission if you don't feel like completing it.

Invading FOBs is, however, a good way to steal resources and soldiers from other players, and the points you accumulate from doing so can be exchanged for high-ranking soldiers.

On 30/06/2022 at 1:55 AM, NordicSaiyan said:

Really good work! I myself did 100% MGSV and can tell how of an amazing game is but pretty hard and somehow tedius at the end to get that platinum.

Yep, it has been a great game so far - even if the story isn't on par with the previous games - but it is starting to drag a bit.  I'm currently sitting at around 145 hours of play time, and I'm only 72% done.  I still have about 70 mission tasks, 8 Key Dispatch missions, 60-odd Side Ops, and a ton of collectibles etc to do, so it will take a while yet.