Street Fighter V Videos Thread

Aranea Highwind

He likely tried to, which is why he Cannon Spike when you did the Hooligan Slide.  There's a slight delay online.

Yeah, I figured as much. I have to be careful next time  I guess I'll watch more Poongko vids xD.

Trying to figure out different mixups for Cammy. Thoughts?

It can be viable if the person doesn't block.  You could done another jab (at the second combo) and potentially have another mixup.  You might want to try to start your combo from the ground, though.  I wouldn't jump too much, as people will blow you up.  Ryu will DP you all day.  Also, set your training dummy to reversal or wakeup to see what he can do.

Edited by grimydawg

It can be viable if the person doesn't block.  You could done another jab (at the second combo) and potentially have another mixup.  You might want to try to start your combo from the ground, though.  I wouldn't jump too much, as people will blow you up.  Ryu will DP you all day.

I'll go practice doing jabs on the second combo now and good call I really need to jump less. Thanks!

No.  I would work on fundamentals before worrying about mixups and stuff.  There's no point in trying them, when you can't hit your opponent to open him/her up.  Perhaps I can play.......  I'm about to get on and grind some FM.  

Edited by grimydawg

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm trying to find the holes in my playstyle. Based on these 2 matches what do I need to work on besides execution? (I'm the necalli)

I think you should improve you anti-air a little bit.

Edited by Xeliot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My latest matches from my first day actually on the game [Only managed to pick it up a week or so ago].

Coming off of pretty much nothing but Ultra was a little rough. Had to wrestle with forgetting about Focus Attacks and Ultras :P I love the changes they made to Cammy. In particular making her Hooligan a half circle, like it was in HD Remix, rather than a Tiger Knee. Less chance of fucking it up. That said, making her Cannon Spike off of it a single button rather than a motion takes some getting used to - and it's easy to do it accidentally when trying to go for her throw.

This was actually my favorite match of the set. Best of 3 against a F.A.N.G.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 1