Silent Assassin question

Paige-ID

So the trophy description reads "Complete all objectives of all chapters without using a single hint".

Before even looking at the trophy list, I played the game and noticed  :triangle: being "Hints", which during a lapse of intelligence I interpreted as "controls" or something of that nature. It pops up a screen with multiple selections, each an offer to help you with their respective objective. I never actually selected one of the options, just opened the  :triangle: menu, then closed it after noticing it wasn't what I thought it was.

Now the question is: does that lock you out of this trophy? Is pressing  :triangle: enough to screw you over, or do you actually have to individually select the hint you wish to receive? Sometimes these games are finicky like that. I'm going to wager that it only locks you out if you actually select a hint once in the menu, but it would be nice to hear a confirmation on that from someone who has experienced the same. 

lol I did the same mistake and do not worry. You hate to press  :triangle: once to get up the hints menu and then you have to pick  :triangle:, Square or X. When you press one of those you get a full white screen where it says "WARNING! If you use a hint now you'll miss the ability to get the Silent Assassin trophy. Are you sure you want to use this hint?"

Edited by HowieGaming
  • Like 1

If you didn't choose a hint you will be fine.

If you do pick and use a hint it is not the end of the world, as you can do the following to wipe your progress and start again - removing all hint uses;

Quit to the main menu and go to the settings. There is an option there to 'reset game'. This will wipe all your progress and you will have to start from scratch but it will allow you to get the Silent Assassin trophy.

Edited by Chaz3010

lol I did the same mistake and do not worry. You hate to press  :triangle: once to get up the hints menu and then you have to pick  :triangle:, Square or X. When you press one of those you get a full white screen where it says "WARNING! If you use a hint now you'll miss the ability to get the Silent Assassin trophy. Are you sure you want to use this hint?"

If you didn't choose a hint you will be fine.

If you do pick and use a hint it is not the end of the world, as you can do the following to wipe your progress and start again - removing all hint uses;

Quit to the main menu and go to the settings. There is an option there to 'reset game'. This will wipe all your progress and you will have to start from scratch but it will allow you to get the Silent Assassin trophy.

Thanks! It made sense, but sometimes these things, well, don't make any sense at all.

Pressing :triangle: to bring up the Hints menu also shows a counter for the "complete in X turns or fewer" objectives. It's quite useful if you lose count while going for those. 

As long as you press :circle: to back out and never proceed past the warning screen you should still be fine for the trophy.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've played this a bit over the last couple days. The only time I ever hit the triangle button was when my controller slipped off my leg, but I backed out and resumed my game without selecting anything. Just finished the game, and no trophy. That's the ONLY time that button was pressed :( I was really looking forward to never playing this again.....

On 4/30/2017 at 7:45 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

I've played this a bit over the last couple days. The only time I ever hit the triangle button was when my controller slipped off my leg, but I backed out and resumed my game without selecting anything. Just finished the game, and no trophy. That's the ONLY time that button was pressed :( I was really looking forward to never playing this again.....

I hit the triangle twice by accident, but immediately backed out. I still got the Silent Assassin trophy.  Did you maybe select something by accident?

Edited by Torracat83

2 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

I hit the triangle twice by accident, but immediately backed out. I still got the Silent Assassin trophy.  Did you maybe select something by accident?

I know for a fact I didn't. I never even got to the warning screen. I really wasn't worried about it until it didn't pop....but that's all I can think of outside of it just glitching.

2 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I know for a fact I didn't. I never even got to the warning screen. I really wasn't worried about it until it didn't pop....but that's all I can think of outside of it just glitching.

Well, maybe replay the mission you did it on and see if that fixes it?

• 7 months later...