does playstation have region lock

Knight7241

cause i just created a new ps account specifially for trophy hunting and my family is going to move to USA few years later can i bring my ps3/4 do us games work on european ps3/4

also can u change country next to ur name.

and can i use my eurpean psn account on us ps

Edited by Knight7241

I think you can use everything everywhere :) ... i'm german but i own some US ps3 games and they work without problems... buying stuff in the online store is possible too...

But as i see it you cannot change your homeland after creating an acc... but why would you? :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

The games aren't region locked and will work on any console. The only thing that is region locked is the DLC which must be from the same region as the game for it to be recognised.

You can't change the country of your PSN account currently. Maybe it's something that Sony will allow us to do at a later date.

You can add and use a PSN account from any region on a PlayStation console from any region.

• Like 1

It might be worth noting there are a few games eg nhl13 that some aspects in this case the multiplayer online pass are specific to a region and will only work in the region they belong. Other seem to match make on servers in the games region so might end up being a bit laggy if its not local. So while games arent region locked some developers have put some roadblocks in place

In most cases there is no region lock on any of the PS4/3/V games, but the developer or publisher (I forgot which one) has the right to region lock any game or dlc at their discretion.

The only examples I know are Persona 4: Arena and Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. full boost online pass.

Also digital Vita games are account locked which is technically a region lock since you can't play digital Vita games from one region's PSN store on a vita tied to a different region.

Example: A Vita tied to a US account cannot play any game from a JP account.   

Edited by soultaker655

cause i just created a new ps account specifially for trophy hunting and my family is going to move to USA few years later can i bring my ps3/4 do us games work on european ps3/4

also can u change country next to ur name.

and can i use my eurpean psn account on us ps

- Most of PS3/PS4/VITA physical games can be played on any region console (there are a really few exceptions though).

- Most of the games DLC only work for the region the game comes from, for example an EU game only works with EU DLC.

- You can only buy digital games and DLC from the region your account is from, so a UK account for example can only buy digital stuff from the UK store.

- You can create an account from another region and buy stuff with it, then you can go back to your main account and use the stuff you bought, but you can't delete the other account from your system, you can also have various accounts from different regions on the same system, for example you can have an EU, US and JP accounts on the same system at the same time (Excluding VITA, see bellow)

- The VITA can only have one account at a time, you can use different ones and download stuff from them but you can only use them on that account, you need to format your system and log in to your other accounts and access their contents each time you want to access them.

- Some games only paired you online with other people from the same region as your account, so an EU account can only play with people from EU, even if your system is NTSC.

Guess that covers up everything you wanted to know.

• Like 3

I think you can use everything everywhere :) ... i'm german but i own some US ps3 games and they work without problems... buying stuff in the online store is possible too...

But as i see it you cannot change your homeland after creating an acc... but why would you? :D

Because you have to pay for everything in that countries currency which can get very expensive. I had to change to a an Australian account from a UK one for that very reason.

Because you have to pay for everything in that countries currency which can get very expensive. I had to change to a an Australian account from a UK one for that very reason.

Ah, yes, that's a reason... But it mustn't be... i bought some USD prepaid card for 33% discount and it was better than any Euro prepaid card (just 25%) :D

That's why i like to buy stuff on the psn, because it can be cheap. And furthermore i don't understand people paying with credit card :P:D

Ah, yes, that's a reason... But it mustn't be... i bought some USD prepaid card for 33% discount and it was better than any Euro prepaid card (just 25%) :D

That's why i like to buy stuff on the psn, because it can be cheap. And furthermore i don't understand people paying with credit card :P:D

Why don't you understand people paying on card? 

Because you pay the price in the shop for 100%. When i'm buying stuff in the psn i have 20% discount because i bought some psn credit at discount.0

To be honest it's not that often I buy anything digitally and for the sake of a few $ I'm not going to search the web for cheap credit. Normally it's just my membership or whatever telltale have released.