Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

BlueFireReaper

Probably one of the most unbalanced teams I've had since my 9-year old self played gold with a Corsola, Politoed, Quagsire, and Suicune all in my party.

I would say your team is interesting. Though 2 Psychics is questionable. Where is your starter in your team?

I would say your team is interesting. Though 2 Psychics is questionable. Where is your starter in your team?

My starter is at the Pokémon Pelago leveling up. I opted for Talonflame over Incenerior. I may switch Raichu for Ninetails or Mimikyu when Metang evolves, but right now, Raichu is my heavy hitter, and I can't replace him until Metagross is ready.

Just caught Solgaleo. I'm still not entirely satisfied with my team though. 

Decidueye

Haunter 

Gyarados 

Mudsdale 

Salazzle 

Solgaleo

I really like Alolan Raichu and Ninetales so I think I'll replace Salazzle and Solgaleo with those. I kind of want to replace Haunter and Gyarados too since I'd ideally like a team of all Gen VII exclusive Pokemon. 

Parker

Just completed 4th trial, and opened up related things.

My team now, and prolly for rest of game;

Torracat (M, 29)

Charjabug (M, 27)

Jangmo-o (F, 26)

Diglett (M, 25)

Mareanie (F, 23) New girl. So much fun to poison, and then Scald.

Morelull (M, 23) Replacement for other.

Just caught Solgaleo. I'm still not entirely satisfied with my team though.

Decidueye

Haunter

Gyarados

Mudsdale

Salazzle

Solgaleo

I really like Alolan Raichu and Ninetales so I think I'll replace Salazzle and Solgaleo with those. I kind of want to replace Haunter and Gyarados too since I'd ideally like a team of all Gen VII exclusive Pokemon.

Parker

Maybe try this team composition

Decidueye*

A-Raichu

A-Ninetails*

Mudsdale

Salazzle* ( or another fire type)

and a water type such as Golisopod*. Kommo-o would also work well in the 6th spot

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

The Elite 4 aren't too bad, espeially the 1st time around, when their levels are lower. There are atleast three pokemon you'll face who have the Sturdy ability, which is annoying.

That's not so bad. I may just forget waiting for Star and just buy a 2DS with Sun/Moon pre-installed instead.

What does the rest of your team consist of, to work out what will synchronise with it the best?

Right now:

Smeargle

Eevee - plan to keep it as an eevee atm. Maybe Glaceon later on if I find a better moveset

Talonflame

Whimsicott

Mimikyu

Raichu is on lvl 48 and Metang is on 39. I'm seriously on the fence as I feel that Metagross can have a more diverse moveset, but Raichu is much faster and has good so Attk and Attk.

Right now:

Smeargle

Eevee - plan to keep it as an eevee atm. Maybe Glaceon later on if I find a better moveset

Talonflame

Whimsicott

Mimikyu

Raichu is on lvl 48 and Metang is on 39. I'm seriously on the fence as I feel that Metagross can have a more diverse moveset, but Raichu is much faster and has good so Attk and Attk.

another thing to keep in mind is physical/special coverage. if you need a special attacker, go with Raichu. Physical attacker, Metagross

Just caught myself a Shiny Wailmer  :P

I got to Poni Island and my team is currently:

Lv. 55 Decidueye (Grass, Flying, Ghost moves)

Lv. 49 Arcanine   (Dark and Fire moves)

Lv. 49 Pelipper   (Ice, Water, Normal, and Flying moves)

Lv. 48 Kadabra   (Ghost and Psychic moves)

Lv. 50 Magneton (Electric, Normal, and Steel moves)

Lv. 43 Rhydon  (Poison, Ground, Rock, and Fighting moves)

The only moves I'm missing are Bug, Dragon, and Fairy.

Edited by Death_Ninja

As of now, I have a full team and right in front of the Pokemon League. However, I see that my Pokemon are underleveled (including the one I just caught, now in it's high 40s). Probably going to catch 50 Pokemon, get the Lucky Egg, and use it to rack up some EXP.

If you're going to be catching Pokémon anyway, you should sign up for the ongoing worldwide event at Festival Plaza (if you haven't already). The 1,000 Festival Coins that you will potentially reap from the event should definitely come in handy. :)

Right now:

Smeargle

Talonflame

Whimsicott

Mimikyu

Metagross has that handy ability to Mega Evolve, as an afterthought. But there is Physical vs Special.

Just caught myself a Shiny Wailmer  :P

I hatched myself a Shiny Mareanie yesterday, after 10 eggs. I was hatching them as WT fodder, and it was there. First Shiny that wasn't spoonfed me (given, WTed, or laid out in-game) ever.

Just completed the Ghost Trial though.

My team is currently;

Incineroar (43)

Toxapex (41)

Hakamo-o (39)

A-Dugtrio (38)

Charjabug (38)

Shiinotic (36)

I only need to evolve Charjabug...

Metagross has that handy ability to Mega Evolve, as an afterthought. But there is Physical vs Special.

I hatched myself a Shiny Mareanie yesterday, after 10 eggs. I was hatching them as WT fodder, and it was there. First Shiny that wasn't spoonfed me (given, WTed, or laid out in-game) ever.

Just completed the Ghost Trial though.

My team is currently;

Incineroar (43)

Toxapex (41)

Hakamo-o (39)

A-Dugtrio (38)

Charjabug (38)

Shiinotic (36)

I only need to evolve Charjabug...

I can help you evolve the Charjabug if you'd like. :)