Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

BlueFireReaper

Metagross has that handy ability to Mega Evolve, as an afterthought. But there is Physical vs Special.

I hatched myself a Shiny Mareanie yesterday, after 10 eggs. I was hatching them as WT fodder, and it was there. First Shiny that wasn't spoonfed me (given, WTed, or laid out in-game) ever.

Just completed the Ghost Trial though.

My team is currently;

Incineroar (43)

Toxapex (41)

Hakamo-o (39)

A-Dugtrio (38)

Charjabug (38)

Shiinotic (36)

I only need to evolve Charjabug...

I've been wanting a Mareanie if you have one to spare with a good nature... I'll trade you whatever, but I don't have any Pokémon that is particularly rare

That's lame, I would have thought game freak would do something special for them considering the games reflect heavily on what they symbolize.

To be fair, Solrock and Lunatone aren't really all that great in terms of design or battle capabilities. Solgaleo and Lunala are more than good enough, imo.

That's lame, I would have thought game freak would do something special for them considering the games reflect heavily on what they symbolize.

No and no

They're not even in the Alolan Pokedex

Furthermore, they didn't even add any new mega evolutions because they didn't want steer people towards using the same Pokémon or make players feel like you can't win without one. Hence, the addition of Z-moves.

I've been wanting a Mareanie if you have one to spare with a good nature... I'll trade you whatever, but I don't have any Pokémon that is particularly rare

I have to hatch a few I got spare, from eggs. I can see what comes out, and throw you one. We will need to exchange FC's for this however. I'm happy with fodder too.

Any Natures you want over others though, so I am not grabbing for a fart in a windstorm?

To be fair, Solrock and Lunatone aren't really all that great in terms of design or battle capabilities. Solgaleo and Lunala are more than good enough, imo.

Didn't say they wasn't, just thought both would have some sort of importance to the games since I haven't been able to play it yet.

Didn't say they wasn't, just thought both would have some sort of importance to the games since I haven't been able to play it yet.

There is an event in SM, if you take one of them to a certain person, something unusual happens.

• Like 1

I have to hatch a few I got spare, from eggs. I can see what comes out, and throw you one. We will need to exchange FC's for this however. I'm happy with fodder too.

Any Natures you want over others though, so I am not grabbing for a fart in a windstorm?

Sassy, Careful, or relaxed would be amazing. My FC is in my forum profile. If you want to PM me your code or post it here I'm down. I have Sun version so if there is any exclusive Pokémon you want like A-Ninetails, I'll trade it to you.

Sassy, Careful, or relaxed would be amazing. My FC is in my forum profile. If you want to PM me your code or post it here I'm down. I have Sun version so if there is any exclusive Pokémon you want like A-Ninetails, I'll trade it to you.

I am doing the egg thing now, using a Magby for faster hatching. Will add you now too. Expect a PM in a second.

Also, got a Sassy natured one, with Merciless as its Ability. Female.

My current team after getting to next island FYI;

Incineroar (53)

Vikavolt (50)

Kommo-o (49)

A-Dugtrio (47)

Primarina (44)

Decidueye (44)

Yes I added the other 2 Starters to my party. I'm kinda wondering if Dugtrio should be swapped out though.

Edited by dmann
  • Like 1

I've really enjoyed Pokemon Sun, it feels like the most experimental Pokemon game since Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Trials are a neat new edition, and break up the monotony of the standard gym battles. Different forms of pre-existing Pokemon is something I've been expecting to happen for several years, so I'm not too surprised it finally happened (especially after mega evolutions last gen), and I'm glad it did. It's also nice not needing to have HM slaves any more.

As with pretty much every Pokemon game ever though, my main quip is having features removed for seemingly no reason. The EV training mini-game in the 6th gen was insanely usual, and to see it downgraded down to practically nothing this generation is very disappointing. The whole online aspect of this game is really disappointing and feels like a downgrade, having to go to a separate area to do anything online related, instead of just having the online features on at all times as with the 6th gen. It can get a bit annoying having to repeatedly go back into the festival area and repeatedly connect to the internet whenever you want to use the GTS. And while it's not that big of a deal, it's a bit sad not being able to play mini games with your Pokemon in this game's version of Pokemon Amie.

Also, although I guess it isn't really needed any more with the helper Pokemon, it's sad to see the bike go. And the roller skates, it's hard not see this as being anything less than a downgrade when it's back to holding down the B button again to run, when we've had an option on the touch screen since HeartGold and SoulSilver to have run on constantly.

I really don't know why Gamefreak always insists on removing features that were in previous generations for no real reason. Although each game is kind of an upgrade, it's always kind of a downgrade as well; the third gen removed the day and night features from the second gen (thank God they brought that back), the 6th gen removed seasons that the 5th gen introduced, the 5th gen removed having Pokemon follow you outside their Pokeball, and the 7th gen has removed proper EV training that was present in the 6th gen. I'm sure the 8th gen will remove features such as Poke pelago and possibly Z moves.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

I've really enjoyed Pokemon Sun, it feels like the most experimental Pokemon game since Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Trials are a neat new edition, and break up the monotony of the standard gym battles. Different forms of pre-existing Pokemon is something I've been expecting to happen for several years, so I'm not too surprised it finally happened (especially after mega evolutions last gen), and I'm glad it did. It's also nice not needing to have HM slaves any more.

As with pretty much every Pokemon game ever though, my main quip is having features removed for seemingly no reason. The EV training mini-game in the 6th gen was insanely usual, and to see it downgraded down to practically nothing this generation is very disappointing. The whole online aspect of this game is really disappointing and feels like a downgrade, having to go to a separate area to do anything online related, instead of just having the online features on at all times as with the 6th gen. It can get a bit annoying having to repeatedly go back into the festival area and repeatedly connect to the internet whenever you want to use the GTS. And while it's not that big of a deal, it's a bit sad not being able to play mini games with your Pokemon in this game's version of Pokemon Amie.

Also, although I guess it isn't really needed any more with the helper Pokemon, it's sad to see the bike go. And the roller skates, it's hard not see this as being anything less than a downgrade when it's back to holding down the B button again to run, when we've had an option on the touch screen since HeartGold and SoulSilver to have run on constantly.

I really don't know why Gamefreak always insists on removing features that were in previous generations for no real reason. Although each game is kind of an upgrade, it's always kind of a downgrade as well; the third gen removed the day and night features from the second gen (thank God they brought that back), the 6th gen removed seasons that the 5th gen introduced, the 5th gen removed having Pokemon follow you outside their Pokeball, and the 7th gen has removed proper EV training that was present in the 6th gen. I'm sure the 8th gen will remove features such as Poke pelago and possibly Z moves.

Who needs the EV training minigames? 

in Gen 6 it was much more time efficient to battle hordes and have EXP share on so you can distribute EVs to all 6 of your pokemon instead of training 1 at a time. Also the EV training items and Pokerus made it quicker as well

in Gen 7 there are no more hordes but SOS battles make it so you can fight the same pokemon indefinitely to get EVs and they buffed the Power items to give +8 EVs instead of +4. More importantly they added the Hyper Training to give an alternative method to get perfect IVs which is way more tedious than EV training.

more info about is here: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/evchanges.shtml

this is a pretty crucial tidbit  

"For competitive players, there's yet another perk. As the Pokémon calls for help, the Effort Points yielded from each Pokémon are multiplied by 2 which results in the Effort Values you receive getting increased. As such, with this, a Power Item and PokéRus, you can get 36 Effort Points from one Pokémon (((1+8)*2)*2) being defeated and max a stat out in 7 KOs in a chain. "

Edited by A-Brawl3r

Who needs the EV training minigames? 

in Gen 6 it was much more time efficient to battle hordes and have EXP share on so you can distribute EVs to all 6 of your pokemon instead of training 1 at a time. Also the EV training items and Pokerus made it quicker as well

in Gen 7 there are no more hordes but SOS battles make it so you can fight the same pokemon indefinitely to get EVs and they buffed the Power items to give +8 EVs instead of +4. More importantly they added the Hyper Training to give an alternative method to get perfect IVs which is way more tedious than EV training.

more info about is here: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/evchanges.shtml

this is a pretty crucial tidbit  

"For competitive players, there's yet another perk. As the Pokémon calls for help, the Effort Points yielded from each Pokémon are multiplied by 2 which results in the Effort Values you receive getting increased. As such, with this, a Power Item and PokéRus, you can get 36 Effort Points from one Pokémon (((1+8)*2)*2) being defeated and max a stat out in 7 KOs in a chain. "

I actually preferred the mini game to battling hordes over and over. Unless there was insufficient memory to include it, there's still not much reason for the mini game, among other features, to have been removed. Hordes and triple battles being removed I can understand, since the game lags so much already in just double battles, I imagine there'd just be constant crashes with any more Pokemon in battle at one time.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into the newer Pokemon games. I genuinely enjoyed my time with Sun and I think it is a fantastic game, but after beating the Elite 4 I find myself playing Red and Yellow more than Sun. A Gen 1 and 2 remake with Sun and Moon's engine would absolutely blow me away, even though I'm sure it will never happen. Part of me is glad it won't because Game Freak need to focus on the future of the series but the nostalgic part of me still wants it. 

Parker

Ah, yes, there was someone who wanted to see a Solrock. Since I probably won't be able to show it to him, would you mind telling me about the 'unusual' event?

Well...

Parker

There is your event. Thanks P.

Been a while since I played, but I captured Lunala in a Moon ball, and named it Nebula. Never forget Nebby 2016.

Did you rush through the game?