Let's Play Catherine

I hate it when that happens. Menhir took me the longest to complete (spent about 3 days on it).

Wow... Menhir took me one attempt, each time. 

For everyone who's stuck on this part. 

It's a simple 3 block pattern, keep everything to double blocking systems. Inazuma (whatever that move is called) is your best friend and ALWAYS rush those spikes before going ahead.

Then just take your time. 

• Like 1

I just get so discouraged!  -_-

its probably going to be one of those games I continue coming back to over and over again lol

The trick is to keep at it and take breaks when your frustration level gets too high. Breaking previous records is progress, so that can also keep you motivated.

The trick is to keep at it and take breaks when your frustration level gets too high. Breaking previous records is progress, so that can also keep you motivated.

That is true! I hear that the co-op is much easier, some people even say play co-op by yourself and that helps even more. I haven't tried it by myself yet, seems like it would be confusing to have to go from controller to controller lol

I just get so discouraged!  -_-

its probably going to be one of those games I continue coming back to over and over again lol

Always just practise on it. I find if you play on medium on the normal game you'll end up being able to do the first one, then the second.  

Learn the styles and take your time on what you're doing by planning ahead on what you're doing and making fail safes for yourself As long as you're not going incredibly slow you'll be able to get up fast enough.

@moderators of this thread. I got a video of me on the first two stages of babel with hints if you want me to link them, could give people great help on toughing through them 

That is true! I hear that the co-op is much easier, some people even say play co-op by yourself and that helps even more. I haven't tried it by myself yet, seems like it would be confusing to have to go from controller to controller lol

I did most of the stages co-op by using 2 controllers myself and thought it was much easier than normal solo. There are a lot fewer steps and the patterns seemed to be more manageable since it usually provides more room with 2 people. I thought it would be confusing trying to switch between controllers too, but it just took some practice to get used to it. You can pause the game when you want to switch controllers and just take your time and don't rush and it's not too bad to keep track. 

If you are playing the NA version, you'll have to do Axis Mundi co-op with 2 controllers anyways. Unless something has changed, it was glitched to where it was basically impossible to do solo. Might as well get used to it by practicing on the other stages.

Yeah using 2 controllers by yourself definitely makes things easier, though it does take some time to get used to it. There are also more normal blocks and the floor drops a bit slower, so there are definitely lots of advantages.

@moderators of this thread. I got a video of me on the first two stages of babel with hints if you want me to link them, could give people great help on toughing through them 

Sure, go ahead.

If you are playing the NA version, you'll have to do Axis Mundi co-op with 2 controllers anyways. Unless something has changed, it was glitched to where it was basically impossible to do solo. Might as well get used to it by practicing on the other stages.

Axis Mundi is also bugged in the EU version.

• Like 1

In fact the Axis Mundi is bugged even worse on the EU version, it's a lot harder. 

^ I'm talking but just mute it if you don't like listening to mediocre instructions.

^ Same with this 

Might have Obelisk and Axis Mundi on my PC if not I'll try and record it within the next week.

• Like 2

In fact the Axis Mundi is bugged even worse on the EU version, it's a lot harder. 

^ I'm talking but just mute it if you don't like listening to mediocre instructions.

^ Same with this 

Might have Obelisk and Axis Mundi on my PC if not I'll try and record it within the next week.

Damn, you make it look easy! xD

I'll try Menhir out again tomorrow then try to unlock Axis Mundi before attempting Obelisk.

• Like 1

Thanks Eli, I'll have to find some time to watch those.  I spent another hour last night trying Menhir and Obelisk.  No success.  Starting to regret not thinking my way through Rapunzel, and just watching the videos to solve the stages.  There is much to be learned in there I think.

I'll try the 2nd controller and XMB trick but the same level of accomplishment won't be there.

• Like 1

Starting to regret not thinking my way through Rapunzel, and just watching the videos to solve the stages.  There is much to be learned in there I think.

Trust me, it is not worth.

It would just make you hate the game completely.

It's just a brutal... ugly... pointless grind.

I'll try the 2nd controller and XMB trick but the same level of accomplishment won't be there.

Screw the level, getting Plat for this is more than a worthy accomplishment =D

• Like 2

Thanks Eli, I'll have to find some time to watch those.  I spent another hour last night trying Menhir and Obelisk.  No success.  Starting to regret not thinking my way through Rapunzel, and just watching the videos to solve the stages.  There is much to be learned in there I think.

Like Satoshi said, Rapunzel is useless for Babel mode. I did all 128 stages after completing Babel and followed a video to get it done as fast as possible. Still took me around 9 hours or so to do them (yeah, they're that boring). Doing the story mode on Normal and Hard while getting gold rewards is IMO much better practice.

• Like 1

You can do Rapunzel or babel in either order but Rapunzel is always going to be the same 128 levels and Babel will always be randomised inner level theorems that you have to learn.

Oh and @everyone who's struggling at Axis Mundi and Obelisk. I first time completed both after my hiatus and recorded them, just gimme time to edit them and put some basic commentary for you (Yes dragon louder commentary, quieter gameplay) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished all the Rapunzel stages. Tried Menhir in pair too and nearly finished... only to accidentally knock Vincent down to his death...

Nice, congrats :yay:.

Damn that sucks, happened to me a few times too. One time I crushed Vincent to death and another time I left Katherine on a trap block :facepalm:

Menir with two people isn't harder because of the cracked blocks?  I have enough trouble getting around solo.

Nope, there are more normal blocks, less steps to climb, and the floor disappears at a slower pace. Try pairs mode, it's a lot easier and you need to do it for Axis Mundi anyway so you might as well practice get used to it. Though it does take a bit to get used to it.

• Like 1

Menir with two people isn't harder because of the cracked blocks?  I have enough trouble getting around solo.

As  Dragon said there will be a lot less blocks and practise before hand may help but you probably won't need much practise. Have you finished the game on hard yet?

As Dragon said there will be a lot less blocks and practise before hand may help but you probably won't need much practise. Have you finished the game on hard yet?

Nightmare? Not yet. Perhaps I should do that first. Once I get my PS3 back in action I think I'll do that just to get into the groove again. Tackle Babel last.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1