Let's Play Catherine

For some reason I have a really strong urge to play Catherine right now. I'll start to download it and maybe play some time tonight if I feel up for it  :).

Awesome, that's the spirit. Don't be discouraged when the stages seem hard or even impossible to complete. After getting used to the game mechanics, it'll become second nature by the time you're going for the other endings. Also try to memorize the techniques the sheep give you during every playthrough, it definitely helps to remember them.

Awesome, that's the spirit. Don't be discouraged when the stages seem hard or even impossible to complete. After getting used to the game mechanics, it'll become second nature by the time you're going for the other endings. Also try to memorize the techniques the sheep give you during every playthrough, it definitely helps to remember them.

Don't worry, I don't discourage easily  :).

I've been hearing a lot about these sheep. What do they do exactly?

Don't worry, I don't discourage easily  :).

I've been hearing a lot about these sheep. What do they do exactly?

Awesome, that'll come in handy during Babel Mode :D.

Sheep are just the NPCs in the areas between climbing stages and some are enemies when climbing. It may sound weird, but it's explained in the game why, so telling you know would spoiler some things :ninja:.

I'm about to start stage four and I'm loving the game so far  :). The ultra rare plat is definitely well deserved because even playing on easy was giving me some trouble. However, I'm starting to get the techniques down and the game is becoming a little easier. 

The story so far is amazing! I haven't been so intrigued by a story in a long time (maybe its because all I've done since June is grind in RPGs  :lol:) and for some reason all I want to do is play more. I was going to play some other games before going hardcore on Catherine but after playing for the first time last night I may have to put all my other games on hold. 

I'm about to start stage four and I'm loving the game so far  :). The ultra rare plat is definitely well deserved because even playing on easy was giving me some trouble. However, I'm starting to get the techniques down and the game is becoming a little easier. 

The story so far is amazing! I haven't been so intrigued by a story in a long time (maybe its because all I've done since June is grind in RPGs  :lol:) and for some reason all I want to do is play more. I was going to play some other games before going hardcore on Catherine but after playing for the first time last night I may have to put all my other games on hold. 

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to the mechanics, but after the first playthrough things should be easier. I do recommend to do the first one without watching a video to get familiar with puzzles and get a feel for the solutions. And don't forget to spam that undo button. The puzzles hardly change on Normal mode, so I definitely recommend to try that before jumping to Hard, which has completely different stages and no undo button.

I agree, the whole mystery-solving thing intrigued me a lot, though the reason behind it was a little disappointing. I expected a bit more after playing Persona. Have fun with the other stages :D.

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to the mechanics, but after the first playthrough things should be easier. I do recommend to do the first one without watching a video to get familiar with puzzles and get a feel for the solutions. And don't forget to spam that undo button. The puzzles hardly change on Normal mode, so I definitely recommend to try that before jumping to Hard, which has completely different stages and no undo button.

I agree, the whole mystery-solving thing intrigued me a lot, though the reason behind it was a little disappointing. I expected a bit more after playing Persona. Have fun with the other stages :D.

I refuse to use a guide for my first playthrough because that takes the fun out of the game. What's the point in copying a guide step by step when you can feel accomplished after finally beating it yourself  :).

I'll just have to wait and see how the ending holds up to games like Persona. Wait...I still haven't beaten it  :lol:. I have so many amazing games to play and so little time  :(.

• Like 1

I refuse to use a guide for my first playthrough because that takes the fun out of the game. What's the point in copying a guide step by step when you can feel accomplished after finally beating it yourself  :).

I'll just have to wait and see how the ending holds up to games like Persona. Wait...I still haven't beaten it  :lol:. I have so many amazing games to play and so little time  :(.

That's the spirit :D. Hone those skills and become a master climber, because Babel Mode has random formations.

You're missing out on lots of great games, be sure to finish Persona too :D. I know that feeling all to well :(.

Jesus the Christ how do you effectively control 2 characters alone? I cant even get past like 50 steps without blocking the path of the 2nd char like an ape or simply running out of time. And if I play with 1 controller theres just way too many steps to climb and Im always left without options after a hundred and something. And this is only the first tower too D:

Jesus the Christ how do you effectively control 2 characters alone? I cant even get past like 50 steps without blocking the path of the 2nd char like an ape or simply running out of time. And if I play with 1 controller theres just way too many steps to climb and Im always left without options after a hundred and something. And this is only the first tower too D:

Have both controllers under each other, create path with main controller and always follow with the second one.

I kept of having problems of the Babel stages everytime I think about it where I know they have random spots of the puzzles which is why I hadn't really play Catherine for so long that I really need some help of how to beat three Babel stages with two controllers. Any way to point out these random spots that I should remember since I pretty much forgotten the tips at this point

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

Have both controllers under each other, create path with main controller and always follow with the second one.

The thing is that most of the times by making my way up I block the path Ive built up until that point, which Im guessing is not the correct way :D. Cause Id literally have to switch controllers every other step for both chars to be able to go up. Well Im gonna try it a few more times tonight but I should be finishing the remaining story trophies instead for now and worry about this later.

The thing is that most of the times by making my way up I block the path Ive built up until that point, which Im guessing is not the correct way :D. Cause Id literally have to switch controllers every other step for both chars to be able to go up. Well Im gonna try it a few more times tonight but I should be finishing the remaining story trophies instead for now and worry about this later.

What I did was creating a path, then hang one character off the edge. Afterwards climb up with the second characters, create a path, then hang off the edge, repeat. If switching controllers takes too much time, you can pause the game by pressing the  :ps: button.

I kept of having problems of the Babel stages everytime I think about it where I know they have random spots of the puzzles which is why I hadn't really play Catherine for so long that I really need some help of how to beat three Babel stages with two controllers. Any way to point out these random spots that I should remember since I pretty much forgotten the tips at this point

If you haven't played the game for a long time, I strongly recommend to play the story mode again to get familiar with the techniques and puzzles again. Recognizing puzzles and how to solve them quickly really helps. Then there are also these tips.

What I did was creating a path, then hang one character off the edge. Afterwards climb up with the second characters, create a path, then hang off the edge, repeat. If switching controllers takes too much time, you can pause the game by pressing the  :ps: button.

If you haven't played the game for a long time, I strongly recommend to play the story mode again to get familiar with the techniques and puzzles again. Recognizing puzzles and how to solve them quickly really helps. Then there are also these tips.

Yeah Im sure thats the best way to do it. I still failed miserably but I dont think Im hopeless with some practice. Since I wanna clean up the rest of the easy trophies first Ill be generous and let babel stand for now... but when I get back to it no mercy will be shown B)

• Like 1

Yeah Im sure thats the best way to do it. I still failed miserably but I dont think Im hopeless with some practice. Since I wanna clean up the rest of the easy trophies first Ill be generous and let babel stand for now... but when I get back to it no mercy will be shown B)

Awesome, that's the spirit :highfive:. Babel comes down to memorizing patterns, after a while you'll recognize the patterns and memorize the solutions.

I think I'll join in. I recently played it again while waiting for Persona 5.

Nice, welcome to the event :D.

Alright, Altar is completed. This time I played with a friend and it was much less frustrating this way. We did surprisingly well too, it only took like 3-4 tries but then we got put in the trash can by Menhir :lol:. Tfw you've been climbing for what feels like an hour so you look at the counter and it says 16 steps... Menhir will be a tough nut to crack, it seems ridiculously hard compared to the first stage.

Also why does it say "new record" on every God damned step even when it's really not? This wasn't the case when I played alone with 2 contollers but now it just wouldn't shut the fuck up about it and it's sorta annoying.

Also why does it say "new record" on every God damned step even when it's really not? This wasn't the case when I played alone with 2 contollers but now it just wouldn't shut the fuck up about it and it's sorta annoying.

Hmmm, I wonder how I'm going to get past this-- NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD!

Maybe if I try this-- NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD!

SHUT UP! CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME THINK!?

:P

Oh, and congrats on the completing the Babel stage. Good luck to you with the rest of them. :)

Alright, Altar is completed. This time I played with a friend and it was much less frustrating this way. We did surprisingly well too, it only took like 3-4 tries but then we got put in the trash can by Menhir :lol:. Tfw you've been climbing for what feels like an hour so you look at the counter and it says 16 steps... Menhir will be a tough nut to crack, it seems ridiculously hard compared to the first stage.

Hmmm, I wonder how I'm going to get past this-- NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD! NEW RECORD!

Oh, and congrats on the completing the Babel stage. Good luck to you with the rest of them. :)

Advantage of playing mute :awesome:

Alright, Altar is completed. This time I played with a friend and it was much less frustrating this way. We did surprisingly well too, it only took like 3-4 tries but then we got put in the trash can by Menhir  :lol:. Tfw you've been climbing for what feels like an hour so you look at the counter and it says 16 steps... Menhir will be a tough nut to crack, it seems ridiculously hard compared to the first stage.

Nice, congrats  :yay:. Menhir took me the longest one to complete, I spent 3 days beating it.

I got the same "new record" crap when playing solo with 2 controllers. That's also one of the reasons I added a tip in the OP to mute the sound. Doing so prevents lots of frustration. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yeah, that's exactly how it went. At this point I'm pretty sure it's not even a glitch but a feature and the devs were just trolling us :D. And thanks, I think I'll need all the luck in the world for this.

Advantage of playing mute :awesome:

Nice, congrats  :yay:. Menhir took me the longest one to complete, I spent 3 days beating it.

I got the same "new record" crap when playing solo with 2 controllers. That's also one of the reasons I added a tip in the OP to mute the sound. Doing so prevents lots of frustration. 

Thanks! Now that I think about it I vaguely remember muting the TV the moment I started the game when I was playing solo, so that might explain why I didn't hear the new record spam lol.

Thanks! Now that I think about it I vaguely remember muting the TV the moment I started the game when I was playing solo, so that might explain why I didn't hear the new record spam lol.

That would explain it. I also found it helpful to mute the sound, so that the bell near the end wouldn't make me lose focus and screw up. I still get depressed when remembering that.

• 2 weeks later...