Let's Play Catherine

Babel mode comes down to practice. I recommend to do the story mode twice (normal and hard) to get familiar with the techniques and recognize some patterns. Doing so will teach you the basics. Afterwards it comes down to doing the Babel stages and memorize solutions for patterns. The game randomly selects one from a few preset formations, so this will require perseverance. If you need tips specific for each stage, let me know.

Pretty much, I forgot the tips that they give me since it's been a while I played the game. Could you list me some easy steps of how the patterns work for each one in 1 player, and 2 player when you start stages 2-4?

If I may guys... Catherine platinum is very easy ^_^ I dont want to sound like best player or something but it was 3/10 in my opinion. Try to use YouTube for Rapunzel and doing all gold ranks on hard in story mode isnt really that hard. Also I did first 3 stages of babel solo with 2 controlers and Axis Mundi with a friend because its a bit harder but there are people who did Axis Mundi solo with 2 controlers without problems as well. Good luck.

Pretty much, I forgot the tips that they give me since it's been a while I played the game. Could you list me some easy steps of how the patterns work for each one in 1 player, and 2 player when you start stages 2-4?

Sorry for the late reply, I was getting close to post #10,000 and wanted to do something special for it, so I stopped posting for a few days.

Well the patterns are randomly selected from lots of preset formations. When ascending Babel mode stages you'll notice a level in the upper right corner. When that goes up, it means the game is throwing harder patterns at you. It's estimated there are about 5-7 patterns for every level and each stages has 10 levels, making it impossible to give a step-by-step tutorial for every pattern. Which means it all comes down to practice. Some things I looked out for was trying to keep at least a 3-block base and use that to move up. Also try to disturb patterns as less as possible to keep the original pattern intact as much as possible. When pulling out a block, also look diagonally up to the left and right of said block to see if it supports other blocks. In the later stages (especially Axis Mundi) you'll encounter patterns that resemble a checkerboard and are full of holes. Carelessly removing one block can destroy a pattern and create two separate paths, you want to avoid that as much as possible.

Some stage-specific things I can think of:

• Menhir: this one has small patterns and doesn't give you much room to move at first, especially when doing it with 2 controllers. It's best to hang one character off the ledge, create a path with the other, then hang this one from the ledge, and use the other character to create a path. Repeat this until reaching the top. Spike traps also make an appearance.
  • Obelisk: this one has monster blocks, random blocks, ice blocks, and bombs. The path also splits in two about halfway through the stage. Don't stay on one side for too long or else you won't be able to reach the other side due to moving blocks. Avoid bombs as much as possible, always assume a random block will turn into a spike trap or bomb, and step on monster blocks whenever possible to kill them and prevent them from moving away.
  • Axis Mundi: this stage has black hole and cracked blocks, which is a relief. However, the patterns are mostly checkerboards. This stage is more about creating a solid base before creating a path (the other 3 stages are only about creating a path to move up). Having a solid base (3 blocks in a row at minimum whenever possible) gives you room to work with. Whenever a pattern is supported by only 1 or 2 blocks, use the Bring Down The House technique or a double BDTH. Remember the double BDTH must be done simultaneously to keep the structure intact as much as possible and it's possible to do it solo with 2 controllers.

As said before, this game is about practice so don't expect these tips to make things significantly easier. You need to memorize the ways to create a path as fast as possible while leaving the patterns intact as much as possible. I hope this helps somehow.

I'm focusing on some other games at the moment for the backlog challenge, but I definitely want to complete Catherine by the end of the year so sign me up!

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

If I may guys... Catherine platinum is very easy ^_^ I dont want to sound like best player or something but it was 3/10 in my opinion. Try to use YouTube for Rapunzel and doing all gold ranks on hard in story mode isnt really that hard. Also I did first 3 stages of babel solo with 2 controlers and Axis Mundi with a friend because its a bit harder but there are people who did Axis Mundi solo with 2 controlers without problems as well. Good luck.

I can't tell if you're actually trying to help or just want to brag :dunno:.

My pc broke but I got a ps vita... don't wanna play on ps3 and ps4... so if the event is still joinable and the version of the game can be used in remote play I could try and get it

Ok, let me know if it works. Also you need 2 controllers if you're playing the NA or EU version, because Axis Mundi is bugged on the solo version.

I can't tell if you're actually trying to help or just want to brag :dunno:.

I simply wanted to say what is the easiest road to this Platinum in my opinion at least, in other words I wanted to help.

I m not that type of a person to brag about anything :) ​

Congrats on 10k posts btw, I havent saw anyone with more posts yet.

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

I would join, but I still have a ton of games to play before then. Plus, as of now, I am taking a break from gaming and catching up on my anime. After playing two Disgaea games literally back-to-back, I have lost the will to play anything for awhile.

Edited by x410xDragon

I simply wanted to say what is the easiest road to this Platinum in my opinion at least, in other words I wanted to help.

I m not that type of a person to brag about anything :) ​

Ah ok.

Thnx.

I would join, but I still have a ton of games to play before then. Plus, as of now, I am taking a break from gaming and catching up on my anime. After playing two Disgaea games literally back-to-back, I have lost the will to play anything for awhile.

Let me know if you change your mind. Which anime are you watching?

My pc broke but I got a ps vita... don't wanna play on ps3 and ps4... so if the event is still joinable and the version of the game can be used in remote play I could try and get it

I don't think Catherine is remote playable. Most of the PS3 games are not.

Because he's first =D for how long, though? :awesome:

• Like 1

Will do. Dragon. As for the anime I am watching, One Piece at the moment. I am on Episode 480 currently. It is really, really good so far.

Ok, I've been wanting to watch it too, but don't want to start an anime with so many episodes at the moment. Currently watching a few new ones like Joker Game, Re:Zero Life in Another World, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Seisen Cerberus, Ace Attorney, My Hero Academy, Twin Star Exorcists, Kuromukuro, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken, The Asterisk War season 2.

Do you have to help all five of the people in one playthrough to get the Everyday Hero trophy? Cause I forgot to speak with Justin on 7-2 and 7-3 so he didn't show up at the bar on the eighth day. My save is on 7-4 as per the guide, so I have no way to backtrack and speak with him.

No, you don't have to save all of the patrons in 1 playthrough. You can split them up over different playthroughs if needed since the trophy is cumulative. Once you have the gold prizes on each stage and can skip the nightmares, it doesn't take long to go back through and get anything or anyone you missed. 

• Like 1

Sign me up for this.  I just finished the Persona 4 Golden event, so why not pull another Atlus game from the pile.  Started it today and boy is it strange, but I love the art and the general vibe it has going for it.  Don't think I'll be able to play this one when my wife's around though, so I'd expect progress to be pretty slow for this one.

• Like 3

Sign me up for this.  I just finished the Persona 4 Golden event, so why not pull another Atlus game from the pile.  Started it today and boy is it strange, but I love the art and the general vibe it has going for it.  Don't think I'll be able to play this one when my wife's around though, so I'd expect progress to be pretty slow for this one.

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. You'll be glad to know that Vincent, Catherine, Toby, and Erica+Trisha are voiced by the same people who did Kanji, Rise, Yosuke, and Chie in Persona 4 Golden :D

Lol, why would your wife mind?

• Like 1

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. You'll be glad to know that Vincent, Catherine, Toby, and Erica+Trisha are voiced by the same people who did Kanji, Rise, Yosuke, and Chie in Persona 4 Golden :D

Lol, why would your wife mind?

Haha yeah, it didn't take long to pick out the voice actors especially coming off of P4G.  It's not necessarily that my wife would mind me playing it, just that it's not really her kind of thing, so if she's hanging out watching me play something, I'm usually courteous enough to pick something she's more likely to enjoy.

• Like 1

Haha yeah, it didn't take long to pick out the voice actors especially coming off of P4G.  It's not necessarily that my wife would mind me playing it, just that it's not really her kind of thing, so if she's hanging out watching me play something, I'm usually courteous enough to pick something she's more likely to enjoy.

Ah ok, if your wife helps out, it would make Babel mode easier :awesome:.