Let's Play Catherine

So I fired up Altar last night and got it first try. Fresh nerves and begginners luck. Menhir doesnt seem as tough, just longer.

Nice, congrats :yay:. Same thing happened to me with Menhir, spent 2 days memorizing patterns and then on the third day I got it within the first few tries. That is also the stage that took me the longest to complete. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to still join this?

Yes it is still possible to join. The only deadline is trying to get the platinum by the end of year (Dec 31) so you have plenty of time. I'm sure Dragon will be around shortly to officially welcome you if are wanting to join. 

SO4 has ended...sign me up Dragon :)

Uh-oh. I hope wdjat is ready to move to another planet like he planned. Better be packing his bags and booking his tickets to Mars. Nowhere on Earth is safe from exploding Prinnies once Mayus starts on Catherine.  :D

Uh-oh. I hope wdjat is ready to move to another planet like he planned. Better be packing his bags and booking his tickets to Mars. Nowhere on Earth is safe from exploding Prinnies once Mayus starts on Catherine.  :D

I don't know what you are talking about...one second

mk2___nisa__s_prinny_attack_by_nepgear-d

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing your progress and hearing your thoughts on the game. Maybe it'll liven this place up a little. Been quiet in here lately, ever since a flurry of people got the platinum a while back. Speaking of updates....

So I fired up Altar last night and got it first try. Fresh nerves and begginners luck. Menhir doesnt seem as tough, just longer.

How is it going audiopile? You just taking a break from Catherine? Hopefully Babel hasn't claimed its latest victim.

SO4 has ended...sign me up Dragon :)

Awesome, welcome to the slightly less, yet still challenging quest to plat Catherine :highfive:.

I don't know what you are talking about...one second

mk2___nisa__s_prinny_attack_by_nepgear-d

I'm looking forward to the pretty explosions. Are you aiming for the #1 spot? If so, you'll have to top Megumin's work of art:

How is it going audiopile? You just taking a break from Catherine? Hopefully Babel hasn't claimed its latest victim.

I have not given up, entirely.  But yes, I am taking a break to finish TLOU multiplayer on PS3.  And hockey playoffs are on, and I'm moving, and buying a new lot and building a house soon and so there is lots to do.  

Since I am sure I will need two people for Axis Mundi I will be soliciting the services of a young, spry trainee of mine in the coming weeks.  He will play the role of Katherine and (hopefully) follow me to success in the trials of Babel.  Once that is complete it will be onto Golden Boy, and then Rapunzel waits for plat 75. 

It looks like there will be some new blood spilled on the blocks.  Good luck Tearraven and Dr_Mayus!  

Dr_Mayus, you should really go back and finish 1999 mode  :P If you can Catherine, you can Booker.

• Like 1

I have not given up, entirely.  But yes, I am taking a break to finish TLOU multiplayer on PS3.  And hockey playoffs are on, and I'm moving, and buying a new lot and building a house soon and so there is lots to do.  

Since I am sure I will need two people for Axis Mundi I will be soliciting the services of a young, spry trainee of mine in the coming weeks.  He will play the role of Katherine and (hopefully) follow me to success in the trials of Babel.  Once that is complete it will be onto Golden Boy, and then Rapunzel waits for plat 75. 

It looks like there will be some new blood spilled on the blocks.  Good luck Tearraven and Dr_Mayus!  

Dr_Mayus, you should really go back and finish 1999 mode  :P If you can Catherine, you can Booker.

Axis Mundi can be done solo, but having another person help you out would make things a lot easier.

I also added some tips to the OP.

You don't actually need another person to play with you though, just two controllers. I found it much easier to switch between controllers than to direct another person.

• Like 1

You're part of the Epic Quest dood, meaning Mayus can just teleport to your location :P.

...............I'm doomed, how could you allow him to join dood? ;_;

Yeah I agree with Natsume, much easier to do it yourself unless this trainee of yours is a very fast learner dood

...............I'm doomed, how could you allow him to join dood? ;_;

I thought we'd need a doctor to bring all those who are trapped in the nightmares back to reality dood. Mayus only had one demand: unlimited prinny-splosions. Think you can top Megumin's explosion?

I want to join where even though I deleted the game already due to the babel stages are very hard for me to complete. Plus my 2nd controller left d pad is fucked. Need some help of only 2 and 4.

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. You should know Caterine has no online co-op, so you'll have to find someone in real life to help you out.

I thought we'd need a doctor to bring all those who are trapped in the nightmares back to reality dood. Mayus only had one demand: unlimited prinny-splosions. Think you can top Megumin's explosion?

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. You should know Caterine has no online co-op, so you'll have to find someone in real life to help you out.

This is my first time joining something like this where I am hoping someone in this site would help me out how to accomplished Babel since I don't like hard puzzle games at all that aren't simple without patterns.

This is my first time joining something like this where I am hoping someone in this site would help me out how to accomplished Babel since I don't like hard puzzle games at all that aren't simple without patterns.

Babel mode comes down to practice. I recommend to do the story mode twice (normal and hard) to get familiar with the techniques and recognize some patterns. Doing so will teach you the basics. Afterwards it comes down to doing the Babel stages and memorize solutions for patterns. The game randomly selects one from a few preset formations, so this will require perseverance. If you need tips specific for each stage, let me know.