PS2 Classics: Let's Grind in Rogue Galaxy!

I ended up buying this yesterday, and played chapter 1 to get a feel for how the emulation games play, and I was happy to see that's quite decent!

I will not go back to this right away, since I'm in the SAO:HF event (want to clear that game, specially because it's not as engaging as I was expecting for some reason..) and I'm also planing to give Catherine a shot again.. as well as try to 100% GT6.. After those I will probably go to Rogue Galaxy, I don't want to jump right away into Rogue Galaxy because I know that I will become 100% absorbed by it and there's a chance that I may use Rogue Galaxy platinum for my 8000th trophy milestone (I will probably make a poll, if I can't decide, since I already had FF7 and Disgaea 5 plat setup to maybe become my 8000th milestone..).

So you want me to put you on the waiting list?

Progress Report!

I'm in the middle of chapter 6 right now.

I've been going back to old planets to use the Earth and Star Keys, plus I obtained the Whatever Works trophy.

I just noticed something odd. I don't have the trophy for completing chapter 2. I have all the other trophies for completing chapters, but not that one. I'm going to load up an old save and plow my way through it quickly, but I'm confused. Has anybody else had this or a similar problem?

Edit: I figured out why. I installed a new hard drive (2TB!) in my PS4, and I had just finished Chapter 2 beforehand and must not have uploaded my trophies. No worries, I got it done in less than an hour. Good thing you can skip scenes....  :lol:

Congrats on your work! :yay:

Chapter 6 is pretty difficult as Myna has barrier enemies and the mines have jump to hit enemies, and you'd better get that dog a better weapon and some abilities as

you'll have to use him to defeat a boss solo

but you should do fine. ;)

Congrats on your work! :yay:

Chapter 6 is pretty difficult as Myna has barrier enemies and the mines have jump to hit enemies, and you'd better get that dog a better weapon and some abilities as

you'll have to use him to defeat a boss solo

but you should do fine. ;)

Thanks! I'll be getting him some new weapons as soon as they become available, and probably go level them up. I've been trying to get as many weapons maxed out right now, for synthesis. I haven't dabbled too much with synthesis, besides making a Desert Seeker III, which is my best weapon right now. I'll probably experiment some with synthesis here in the next few days. 

I finished Chapter 6 the other day. 

Yes, those jump-to-hit enemies are a pain in the ass. And Gale was kinda difficult. Lost the first time against him. Didn't expect him to kill me that quickly. Learned my lesson the second time and won.

At the beginning of Chapter 7 now. I haven't progressed the story, because I've been leveling up weapons and crafting weapons, now that I have access to and can choose between all the party members. 

By the way, I just found out your Hunter Rank can go down! I exchanged some points just now, and I went from 61 to 62. 

By the way, I just found out your Hunter Rank can go down! I exchanged some points just now, and I went from 61 to 62. 

That's because the other hunters gain points when you progress in the story.

I have an update as well: I'm now in controll of the ship and can finally travel where I want. I did'n start on Vedan yet (was it Vedan after the factory?) cause I probably will level up weapons first.

Yes, your hunter rank can go down after you turn in a hunt, but that decrease is usually only a single level and can be recovered quickly. Most of your rank will come from defeating the various big game - the quarry bosses. I strongly suggest you don't hunt those until you have 50% of each person's Revelation Flow filled as you might get wrecked by them. They are no joke. In fact, one of the first quarries you can get has more HP, attack and defense than the final boss!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, time to join this and relax a bit.. SAO really took quite a lot of time...

As for my stats, I'm continuing from the save file that I made when I tried the game to see how those PS2 emulations run.. So I'm just before the boss of chapter 1, and will be hunting the number of random enemies that are required to kill for those smaller quests (I had the habit to do those ASAP on PS2 and will do the same here too).

If I'm not wrong the only missable things are 2-3 cutscenes and Desert Seeker first weapon log info, so I will be playing blindly most of the time.

Okay, I'll move you to the participant list, Han. Welcome to the club!

(I promise I'll finish up my trophy clean up in this game. Right now I've been a bit busy. But then again, I said you could go at your own pace. ^_^)

EDIT: I have also added the badges to anyone who is participating from their most recent posts. If you qualify for badges in other ways(you're past the chapters I've marked or have gotten any special badges) please let me know! ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

EDIT: I have also added the badges to anyone who is participating from their most recent posts. If you qualify for badges in other ways(you're past the chapters I've marked or have gotten any special badges) please let me know! ;)

I'm in the middle of Chapter 8, so I'll have the badge for completing Chapter 6.

Chapter 8..... Takes a while.... I haven't been playing this a lot since I've been focusing more on P4G and Severed, plus Uncharted 4 will be out soon, but I'll be trying to slowly make my way through it. I've been trying not to just leave a bunch of games unfinished.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a quick update..

I'm 95 hours into the game, around lvl59

Currently on chapter 11.

Completed all Factory items, all 9 Rare items and got all 7-Star Swords

Got all Frog Log subweapons (registered and created) for Jester, Kisala and Lilika, currently in the process of finishing their main weapons (missing 10 for Jester, 3 for Kisala and 7 for Lilika if I'm not wrong). I know this isn't needed for anything and it's a waste of time, but I can't be playing this game without being working on the Frog Log constantly.. specially when I'm hunting monsters for the Hunter thing..

Also killed most Hunter Quarries (missing 1 in Rosa that needs a late game item, and 2 that I can't buy yet), and killed the necessary number of random enemies for the hunter thing on Juraika, Zerard, Vedan and Alista, as well as everything on Rosa except the last dungeon/place (I'm working on those now). This along with the fact that I'm only using the 3 same characters are the reason why I almost finished their Frog Log entries..

I was to post a screen shot of the Frog Log and MIO screens, but I will leave it for later..

Now I will make a few pauses on this game to play Life is Strange as part of the other "Let's Play" and this is why I decided to make a status update before I actually finish Rogue Galaxy story.. (I also got Valkyria Chronicles and am tempted to play it, but I don't know if I will be able to stop playing it if I start.. and I want that platinum as my 8000th trophy). I'm also thinking in making Rogue Galaxy my 130th platinum, but I need to find out what will be my 129th first..

• Like 1

Time for a quick update..

*Snips a lot of stuff*

Wow, you're fast. You're doing pretty well. And I use a similar battle party except I use Jupis instead of Lilika - Jupis is great with mob control, he can one-shot mobs up to Chapter 8. xD

I'll update your status ASAP. I apologize to anyone who just updated but I have been semi-retired from trophy hunting due to MapleStory, the Devil's Advocate. (There is a quest line involving detectives hunting down kidnapped animals.) I do plan on working on a trophy for Rogue Galaxy by the end of the month, probably the Level 99 one so I will be ready for the Ghost Ship Extreme. I plan on getting every last hunter record for regular mobs done to get the levels I need. (I removed one of my badges because I don't have the 100% Battle Record yet, but I do have the trophies relating to it.)

BTB, Han, when you said you got all the 7-Star Sword, did you upgrade them to their ultimate forms or just pick them up?

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Put me down under "Those Who Want to Travel In Space." I bought the game a couple months ago but haven't started it yet. Hopefully some good info comes out of this thread because I have never played the game before.

Wow, you're fast. You're doing pretty well. And I use a similar battle party except I use Jupis instead of Lilika - Jupis is great with mob control, he can one-shot mobs up to Chapter 8. xD

BTB, Han, when you said you got all the 7-Star Sword, did you upgrade them to their ultimate forms or just pick them up?

I'm not playing all that fast, seeing that I took my time to kill everything to the hunters log.. but since I'm still unemployed I still have tons of time to play.. This is also the only interesting game I had on PS4 for a while (and I have been lazy to go plat some PS3 games..).

I will soon change Kisala and Lilika for someone else (when I finish the Frog Log), and was thinking in Zegram + Deego, but maybe I will see how Jupis works for clear battles first (Kisala can 1 shot everyone without armor/shield even on chapter 12 with a lvl3 Angel's Kiss.. otherwise I need to moves from Jester or 1 from Jester + 1 from Lilika to clear the battles quickly).

As for the 7-Star Swords, I only acquired them, only maxed Desert Seeker (I'm mainly focusing on his Frog Log too, so I only use the 7-Star Swords when I have nothing else to get to MAX on my inventory..)

Also now on chapter 12 with all Quarry Hunts killed.

Put me down under "Those Who Want to Travel In Space." I bought the game a couple months ago but haven't started it yet. Hopefully some good info comes out of this thread because I have never played the game before.

Okay, added. Welcome to the thread! If you want information, I put some links to good guides on the main post. I used them and got through the game well with them. ;)

I'm not playing all that fast, seeing that I took my time to kill everything to the hunters log.. but since I'm still unemployed I still have tons of time to play.. This is also the only interesting game I had on PS4 for a while (and I have been lazy to go plat some PS3 games..).

I will soon change Kisala and Lilika for someone else (when I finish the Frog Log), and was thinking in Zegram + Deego, but maybe I will see how Jupis works for clear battles first (Kisala can 1 shot everyone without armor/shield even on chapter 12 with a lvl3 Angel's Kiss.. otherwise I need to moves from Jester or 1 from Jester + 1 from Lilika to clear the battles quickly).

As for the 7-Star Swords, I only acquired them, only maxed Desert Seeker (I'm mainly focusing on his Frog Log too, so I only use the 7-Star Swords when I have nothing else to get to MAX on my inventory..)

Also now on chapter 12 with all Quarry Hunts killed.

You're saying Jester a lot, are you talking about Kefka being the main character? xD J/K, I know you mean Jaster.

And I guessed you meant we got the swords but didn't work on them yet(except maybe Desert Seeker, since anyone could max that). And I tried to kill everything in each chapter, but once I hit Chapter 7, the rare enemies started getting too rare and it took me ages to find them. But I intend to kill everything for the hunter's log when I get back on this game. Now that I have found out how to PS4 Link my Vita, I could play the game while watching videos on Youtube to keep my sanity. ^_^

Also, I'm lazy too - I haven't been touching any games recently. Plan to remedy that!

Okay, added. Welcome to the thread! If you want information, I put some links to good guides on the main post. I used them and got through the game well with them. ;)

You're saying Jester a lot, are you talking about Kefka being the main character? xD J/K, I know you mean Jaster.

And I guessed you meant we got the swords but didn't work on them yet(except maybe Desert Seeker, since anyone could max that). And I tried to kill everything in each chapter, but once I hit Chapter 7, the rare enemies started getting too rare and it took me ages to find them. But I intend to kill everything for the hunter's log when I get back on this game. Now that I have found out how to PS4 Link my Vita, I could play the game while watching videos on Youtube to keep my sanity. ^_^

Also, I'm lazy too - I haven't been touching any games recently. Plan to remedy that!

:lol: Ya, Jaster..

Yes, I meant that I got the swords but didn't worked on them (Desert Seeker is actually fully upgraded to it's 4th form, since it was the 1st that we get and I run out of swords for the Frog Log somewhere along the way when I was short on cash..).

The Rarer enemies is why I use Lilika (Beast Call can in some times cut the time by half, since you can summon several enemies per battle with it!). And this being so much time consuming is why I did all that advance in the Frog Log..

I actually am remote-play Rogue Galaxy from my lap top to be watching some series on TV while grinding :lol: (I could do the opposite, but this way I'm a bit more focused on the game..).

I'm also using the multitude of FAQs (and forum) on GameFAQs for this to help me with the monster hunt, but it still takes quite a while to get some..

And I finely created all weapons in the Frog Log for Kisala (45+31 entries), now using Zegram and soon to replace Lilika (missing only 2 entries) for someone else..

Just dropping my post-game start update.. almost 114 hours into the game and lvl 71..

Rogue_Galaxy_20160527142833.jpg
- Hunting Records - Only missing everyone from Ghost Ship and Ghost Ship Extreme :)
- Insectron - Didn't started yet.. will hunt the insects later or whatever.. really not feeling like doing it yet..
- Revelation Flow - All that's missing is in the form of Mermaid Shells and Galactic Compass (don't feel like grinding it, and Ghost Ship may give me some from what I read..).

Rogue_Galaxy_20160527142855.jpg
Frog Log: Everyone have 76 entries (45 main, 31 sub weapons), except Jaster that have 95 (60 main, 35 sub weapons).
Kissala + Lilika complete
Jaster almost complete, only missing a few main weapons
Now working on Zegram + Steve as is obvious on the image :lol: , still not sure if I will finish this, but as of now I'm kind of motivated to do it (in 20-50 hours, I may change my mind.. still I will work on this while going through Ghost Ship and capturing insects.. not sure how I will do it on Ghost Ship Extreme, since I can't go out to buy more weapons when I need..).

No work done on maxing the 7-star Swords, but I will soon start on them, since Jaster generic weapons are almost finished!

I'm also missing some costumes, but didn't looked to much into it (I got the ones from MIO, as well as all that where in treasure chests outside of Ghost Ship, so I probably am not missing many by now..)

On a side note: Steve's Icy Eye Beam lvl3 is almost as powerful as Kisala's Angel's Kiss!! (being able to clear almost all battles in a single use, even now).
Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Updated your status, Han. Great job and great job working on the Frog Log! I didn't put the Frog Log as a special badge but you're nailing it out of the park! And yes, I know some of the others area-of-effect attacks are just as powerful as others, but I like using certain characters. :)

If anyone else wishes to update their status, feel free to post. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Seams like I'm the only one working on this :lol:

Anyway, pre-plat update (decided to do it, since I will plat LA Noire before I plat this one, so I will stop playing Rogue Galaxy for a bit..).

Finished Frog Log for Jaster and have been working on Steve and Zegram.

Finished the Hunter Log, Ghost Ship Extreme (twice for Sho Costume) and Insectron S class (missing SS win, the 2 Dark Emperor that I got are the main reason why I beat S class, since none of my insects are lvl5 yet.. that's also why I can't win Insectron SS class..).

Also finished upgrading the 7-Star Swords, but still have to upgrade to max the other special weapons for Jaster.

- From MIO Log I'm only missing the Revelation Flow (now at 97%), missing some Mermaid Shells and Galactic Compasses as before (only got 1-2 of each during both Ghost Ship Extreme runs).

- Also missing 2 Costumes. Lilika's Stealth Clothes (Insectron SS win..) and Deego's Full Metal Jacket (Revelation Flow 100% complete).

With all that said and done, I'm still not lvl 99 :lol: , this is my last trophy, but it was close, since Jaster is lvl98 with 3/4th of the EXP needed to lvl 99.. This is also why I will not go to complete the Revelation Flow right away.. as for insectron SS, I'm not a fan of the mini-game and I believe there will be some serious grind for me to win it.. will at least need to bring all my 5 insects to ACE level or something..

PS: No photos this time, but I will post them on my Platinum update, since those will be close to my final stats..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Great job, Han! You're doing better than I am - still need to go and boot up the game, but Summer Backlog is taking precedence. :ninja:

Will probably boot up the game tonight or tomorrow morning now that my Maplestory anniversary event is over and can banish it to the weekends for their 2x EXP events (which only last four hours in the wee morn and from 4-8 in the afternoon <_< )

Good luck on your LA Noire platinum.

Edited by DetectiveCJ