Is the platinum still obtainable?

ShadowStar83x

thought of a couple more tips this morning...for the way down hug the left hand wall for the first half...this is where you get the glitch into the abyss if you don't...what happens is that on the drivers screen you're going down the let's say middle of the staircase but on the passenger's screen you're stuck on the railing at the top...so he falls off when you go forward and the screens catch up and render...sticking to the wall usually makes it so that both players' screens show passing that railing...also a quick tip is that if you hold down accelerate and reverse simultaneously time you can pivot the back tire of the bike into position without moving forward...this helps when lining up both from the bottom to the top and vice versa...once again, go slow when you have 2 people on the bike...

Edited by ProfBambam55

thought of a couple more tips this morning...for the way down hug the left hand wall for the first half...this is where you get the glitch into the abyss if you don't...what happens is that on the drivers screen you're going down the let's say middle of the staircase but on the passenger's screen you're stuck on the railing at the top...so he falls off when you go forward and the screens catch up and render...sticking to the wall usually makes it so that both players' screens show passing that railing...also a quick tip is that if you hold down accelerate and reverse simultaneously time you can pivot the back tire of the bike into position without moving forward...this helps when lining up both from the bottom to the top and vice versa...once again, go slow when you have 2 people on the bike...

Thanks again! We managed to do it first try the last time we tried. So it's just a matter of time until "Wanted" pops. Thanks to your guide AWP was also really easy and it popped immediately after the last race.

Then it's just the "Fly The Co-op" one and we're finally done

as mentioned in the guide, you'll need to play another match after passing both ranks 1 and 10 to unlock their respective trophies...been like this since the latest patch....i actually even put it in red so that it stands out...haha...funny how many people have overlooked it...should i bold it too?...

@ProfBamBam, is there a reason I am not getting the double cash stuff? I boosted a deathmatch (Wanted) for an hour using Happiness Island glitch and all I earned was somewhere around $120,000, which is nowhere near the double cash stuff. Is there something I am missing?

likely, yes...you are missing the fact that you should be earning $120-140 000 and this will appear on your results screen...the doubled total will only be noticeable in the game lobbies, not on the results screen so it is highly likely that you received double cash but just weren't looking at th right stat...ignore the results screen and have a look instead at the total that appears at the bottom left while in the game lobbies...check before and after a match and it should be going up double your earne match total...let us know how it goes please...i like to keep my guide up-to-date so would need to change its contents should you not be earning double cash...

• 4 weeks later...

...check before and after a match and it should be going up double your earne match total...let us know how it goes please...i like to keep my guide up-to-date so would need to change its contents should you not be earning double cash...

Yup, double cash, your guide is up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

as mentioned in the guide, you'll need to play another match after passing both ranks 1 and 10 to unlock their respective trophies...been like this since the latest patch....i actually even put it in red so that it stands out...haha...funny how many people have overlooked it...should i bold it too?...

is this the case?...if not, haven't heard of any problems...

The thing with Wanted is, you'll have to switch being host of a lobby if you are using the Happiness Island glitch. For some weird reason, the host lags when the host acts as a shooter, example: when you stand right at the top of the sniper rifle respawn point, if you are the host, you will end up using all the bullets even before it gets refilled, whereas, your boosting partner who is not a host, when his/her turn comes, they continuously pickup bullets without the need of stopping and waiting for the sniper rifle to respawn. Another example is, if the host is playing the shooter part, they might miss shots while if the partner is not a host, never misses, another anomaly I couldn't understand with the host and partner thing

haha...fortunately like many things in life, understanding bears no relevance on it working...you probably don't understand how your keyboard or mouse actually work but does it prevent you from using them to surf the net?...there are many strange things in GTA IV and particularly the online play...let's be grateful that r* has left a couple unpatched glitches allowing us to rank up both easily and quickly, and that people have stumbled upon ways to exploit them in our favor...

The main problem people have is with the AWP trophy. The way I did it was I boosted with a partner, won everything once, didn't get the trophy, got frustrated, said fuck this, years came back like a year later with a cooler head, checked the Leaderboards and took notes of all the modes and tracks it didn't rank me in then proceeded to win each one of them individually and WOLLAH! Trophy:)

...let's be grateful that r* has left a couple unpatched glitches allowing us to rank up both easily and quickly, and that people have stumbled upon ways to exploit them in our favor...

Yeah, very grateful, my post was to help anyone looking to boost this trophy using HI glitch. All they have to do is keep switching being the host when they will be the victims, victims as host have no bearing on the earning, however, shooter as host does (like I pointed out above). I have personally noticed this happening, so best let the community be aware of this downside so they don't end up frustrated realising they earned just $165,000 while the boost buddy got $230,000 when his turn came.

perhaps in the thread related to HI glitch or wanted might be a good idea...

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/19988-gta-4-happiness-island-mp-glitch/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29012-wanted/

not sure the relation between obtainable plat and happiness island glitch details...also if you follow the guides on this site it has already been made clear that the HOST must be the VICTIM at the beginning of the video tutorial...

https://youtu.be/s3_QU6dG320?t=1m54s

sorry to be all thread nazi here, not my intention...please realize that thanks to random posts people create new threads covering the same topics over and over...there are currently 3 threads relating to the obtainable plat so perhaps if we stay on track and post in the appropriate threads information can easily be found by all...i.e. search before you post...

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/32423-are-you-sure-this-plat-is-still-obtainable/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/20858-gta-iv-now-possible-to-plat/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/35846-is-the-platinum-still-obtainable/

hopefully, for the final time here...yes, the platinum is still obtainable...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
18 hours ago, Charl_yma6 said:

You know how rockstar are shutting down GTA:online for ps3 and xbox 360? Does this mean they will also shut down the online element for GTA4 too? 

They're only shutting down the character transfer, not GTA Online itself. If GTA IV and RDR's servers are still online as long as they've been, doubt the GTA V servers for PS3 are going away yet.