UR Conqueror Episode 2: Vanquish

I'm aiming to start this after I clear 1 or 2 of my current UR projects. Could be next week,  could be in June. :/ 

That's ok mate, even if you start on June you'll still have almost half a year to clear this one. More than enough time imo :wave:

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Yeah i'll join in on this, still have Vanquish sitting on the shelf staring at me like a creepy uncle. Might not start it until a good while from now but know that the will is there.

Added, welcome bud.

Bro why no Darius burst or Skullgirls 2nd core :D

In due time my brother :D. I'm just waiting for the price to drop a bit before snatching them.

I'll try to get them asap, and I assure you the will get their threads too apart from the one people choose on the poll ;)

• Like 1

In due time my brother :D. I'm just waiting for the price to drop a bit before snatching them.

I'll try to get them asap, and I assure you the will get their threads too apart from the one people choose on the poll ;)

I´ll wait until then, to sign up :) 

• Like 1

Again, in my opinion, the entire game is cake except for challenge 6, which according to the guide is the difficulty core. And with reason, the difficulty spike between 4 and 6 is very noticeable unless you practice a lot or have skills.

To most people challenge's 1-5 are simple, but many others will find the forth and sixth challenges the make or break for their :platinum: if you ask me. Challenge 4 is only difficult due to the close quarters combat at the very end due to the Crystal Viper (x1), Machine Gun Romonov's (x2 on both the left and right ledges), the Flamethrower Romonov in the middle (x1), and the Blue Bots (x6) which spawn in the middle.

• Be sure to have the LFE Gun with you at all times. Despite what you think, this gun is extremely useful in tight situations and can instantly destroy small infantry robots if they are close enough. You can obtain it in the first area on the far right side. I would swap the LMG for the LFE Gun since the LMG is very inaccurate in terms of range, and will not do much damage unless the bullets actually hit.
  • The second to last area will contain a Rocket Launcher on the far left side in a capsule air drop. You will want to take out the Tank normally since it will get in the way otherwise, but to avoid using the Rocket Launcher since you're going to need for the last section.
  • Be stocked up on both grenades and EMP grenades before entering the last section. Note: There is a fresh supply of EMP grenades in the second area right before you fight the Tank. If properly thrown in the same area as the Tank, you can avoid fighting the propeller robots with a single EMP blast, leaving only the Tank to deal with.

Last Area:

1. Stick to the nearest piece of cover and toss a grenade into the Blue Bots spawn point. If you are lucky, you'll take them all out with a single grenade. If not, you will need to use the LFE Gun on them at close range to deal the most damage. 
  2. If the Flamethrower Romonov is not near you, focus on the Machine Gun Romonov's and shoot their heads off immediately. If given the chance the Machine Gun Romonov's will launch a missile from there back which will kill you instantly if it lands; however, if you shoot it before they can launch it you can kill them instantly. Plus, they are always shooting at you and nobody likes that.
  3. Find the Flamethrower Romonov and make sure it is not too close to you. If it gets too close it will attempt to overheat your suit, and if your suit is overheated, it is as good as over. You can either A) shoot the flame tank or shoot its head off. Personally, I would shoot its head off since it can be difficult to shoot its flame tank unless you're behind it.
  4. Finally, listen for the Crystal Viper as you'll know when he's running towards you if you hear loud footsteps. Let him run towards you, then press the :square: button to counter him. Once he is on the floor, punish him with the Rocket Launcher or with your Shotgun. Keep your distance and let him run towards you. Rinse and Repeat.

As far as challenge 6 is concerned, the only difficult or irritating wave is the very last wave due to facing two Bogey's at once. Though, if anything it is just like the end of Act 5 all over again during the last wave. You can easily take out the Bogey's if you have two full Lock-on Lasers available and properly using your EMP grenades during the course of the challenge. Use the upgrade cube you get from the Crystal Viper to upgrade one of the Lock-on Lasers only after you run out of shots, then proceed to repeat the process until they both fail. Oh and take out the Blue Bogey first as it drops Rockets upon death.

Edited by x410xDragon
  • Like 1

Video games aren't a realistic depiction of reality. Example #1: a human taking down a dragon, as if 

pffffft..... i could kill a dragon blindfolded and with 1 arm.  :P

Vanquish progress: Finished all story trophies. No problems at all. Time for some sleep and tomorrow will tackle the challenges. Wish me luck...................who am i kidding i don't need luck :awesome:    

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I was waiting for this. Sign me up, I only have to finish challenge six and I have the plat. The only bummer is I won't have my PS3 until April 2nd so I can't try until then.

Added

*Snip*

Added to the tip section now. Thank you for the contribution good sir.

pffffft..... i could kill a dragon blindfolded and with 1 arm.  :P

Vanquish progress: Finished all story trophies. No problems at all. Time for some sleep and tomorrow will tackle the challenges. Wish me luck...................who am i kidding i don't need luck :awesome:    

Shots fired :awesome:

• Like 1

Added to the tip section now. Thank you for the contribution good sir.

It seems I made a slight typo on the forth tip for Challenge 4: it should be "Let him run towards you" not "Let him running towards you".

Here is how it should be phrased: "Keep your distance and let him run towards you. Rinse and Repeat."

Sorry about that and thanks, Ra!

• Like 1

It seems I made a slight typo on the forth tip for Challenge 4: it should be "Let him run towards you" not "Let him running towards you".

Here is how it should be phrased: "Keep your distance and let him run towards you. Rinse and Repeat."

Sorry about that and thanks, Ra!

No need to be sorry fam ;)

Edited it on the OP and no problema!

Guess it's my turn to fire now evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

I prefer something a bit more "stylish" for me:

Z6pjYQ.gif

Because throwing you into the sun plus a firestorm was too mainstream :giggle:

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

-Snip-

Ah yeah, Golden Sun. Loved the animations a lot even if I never played any of those :lol:

Ot: Well, the Tip section is up. I'll post every run on challenge 6 I can find later on. I'm on the phone right now so it's a hassle :P

Ah yeah, Golden Sun. Loved the animations a lot even if I never played any of those :lol:

Ot: Well, the Tip section is up. I'll post every run on challenge 6 I can find later on. I'm on the phone right now so it's a hassle :P

Awesome, I followed this vid. It breaks every wave down in steps.

Though I went with the Disc Launcher in wave 3. It can instantly decapitate Romanovs. However, the discs fly in a curved pattern, so it takes a few tries to know exactly where to aim. I aimed slightly above their necks. Muting the ingame music is a must to hear the Crystal Viper's footsteps.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I am now a conqueror. Man that challenge 6 was a pain in the ass, and those FUCKING ball creatures. Round 5 was already hard enough without them.

The order of difficulty would be 2,3,5,1,4,6.

The shotgun comes in very handy when fighting the Romanov's as it makes them stumble. Challenge 2 and 3 are a piece of cake thanks to all the upgrades, just keep upgrading the rocket launcher. Challenge 4 wasn't too difficult, i focused on upgrading the shotty and using the LFE gun on the groups so i could focus on the main threat. Challenge 6 i used the above mentioned method with the lock on lasers and used the upgrade on that. The rocket launchers are useful but they often miss so its wise to shoot them while time is slowed down. 

• Like 3