Help!

WOWJAREDISCOOL

If i were to send it in to be repaired by Sony would this problem crop up again within 3 years and would they charge extra if they had to replace it?

Unless they warranty the repair you'll have to pay them again, but there is no way to tell if the problem will even happen again. My launch 60gb PS3 still works perfectly while others have had theirs fail so there is really no way to tell how long one of these systems will hold up.

Parker

• Like 1

Unless they warranty the repair you'll have to pay them again, but there is no way to tell if the problem will even happen again. My launch 60gb PS3 still works perfectly while others have had theirs fail so there is really no way to tell how long one of these systems will hold up.

Parker

i said that wrong, what i mean to say was if they had to replace my system because they couldn't fix it would i have to pay they systems price.

They will give you a fee in order to get a working PS3. The price won't change depending on if they give you a new one or if they repair it. Its the same price regardless.

You're better off repairing it yourself or getting a new PS3 though.

Why would i be better off doing that, a new ps3 is 300$ repairs would only be 149$ with repairs and i could possibly get a new one, also repairing it myself is out of the question.

My laser burnt out last year on my fat 80GB MotorStorm PS3. I thought about buying a new system but didn’t really like the look of the slim. Instead, I took apart mine and replaced the laser with a new one for about $60; my system works like new again :) Plenty of easy to understand instructions on the web.