PlayStation 4’s 3.50 System Software Update Available April 6

Xel

I get so sick of reading these comments. Obviously, some people will have opinions one way, and some will have them the other. I don't think the same person is complaining that a feature is absent, and then complaining that a feature is present.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, I could care less about these new features, but not much. Mostly, I'm happy that the notification of friends going online is optional.

believe me, i've read many comments like that by the same person "they need to include this feature, why it doesn't have it yet??" *developer adds that feature* "finally, this should have been since a ver long time, why did it take so long for them to add it, jesus!"

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I get so sick of reading these comments. 

believe me, i've read many comments like that by the same person 

And the people who comment like that don't possess the brain function to understand the situation. There is absolutely nothing that will ever be good enough for them. Giving them any attention reinforces their ill-informed opinions and compounds them. Unfortunately, they'll never go away.

Just downloaded the PS4 update and I'm downloading the Vita update now. I'm gonna test out the Remote Play for Mac later on today. I'm pretty excited to have more options for playing!

• Like 1

Default 360p and 30FPS, what kind of downgrade is this? Pre-order cancelled!

EDIT: What, remote play don't work on my windows 95 PC, damn, I'mma have to sue someone!

lol @ adding basic features after more than two years and making a fancy presentation about it

I know right, shame on them for forgetting the confetti as well.

I can't hate to be honest, but 30fps and 360p remote play is a weird choice in this day and age.

Edited by FlareXV

Default 360p and 30FPS, what kind of downgrade is this? Pre-order cancelled!

I can't hate to be honest, but 30fps and 360p remote play is a weird choice in this day and age.

Ummm, maybe you are reading something other than the OP or Sony's announcement. Default is 540 and 30 fps. I can tell you that from experience with PSTV and Vita, dropping resolution to 360 on a lower speed network as an option sure is appreciated because it makes games quite playable. I'm so glad Sony didn't think that everyone was running ac 1900+ compatible networks and not even bother with less than 720 and 60fps. 

Ummm, maybe you are reading something other than the OP or Sony's announcement. Default is 540 and 30 fps. I can tell you that from experience with PSTV and Vita, dropping resolution to 360 on a lower speed network as an option sure is appreciated because it makes games quite playable. I'm so glad Sony didn't think that everyone was running ac 1900+ compatible networks and not even bother with less than 720 and 60fps. 

No, I read what was written in the OP. I don't know if I can be grateful considering this feature was on their Vaio line-up (It was actually exclusive to the Vaio) and they have no other option for higher frame and resolution.

is actually 540p by default, and you can chose to play on 720p and 60fps.

i have a pretty crappy pc and internet so i appreciate those options, even if it had a 1080p option i would have to chose 720p because of that, but yeah a 1080p option would have been nice for people who actually had a good internet speed.

Edited by smellslikejavier

No, I read what was written in the OP. I don't know if I can be grateful considering this feature was on their Vaio line-up (It was actually exclusive to the Vaio) and they have no other option for higher frame and resolution.

Oh, okay. I was just referring to what I read in the OP. Maybe you're seeing it somewhere else. VAIO remote play was only for PS3 and that was when Sony still owned VAIO. It wasn't ever updated for PS4 so it's kind of an unfair comparison. Also, as a small detail, Remote Play for VAIO never, ever included PS3 games, just movies (that weren't DVD/Blu-ray) photos and songs. (http://esupport.sony.com/info/683/US/

You’ll be able to select from the following resolution and frame rate options, depending on your Internet bandwidth.

• Resolution options: 360p, 540p, 720p (Default: 540p)
  • Frame rate : Standard (30fps), High (60fps) (Default: Standard)

I'm sure higher options have been tested by Sony and become unreliable in all kinds of conditions so putting them in the initial update was probably risky. There's no reason it can't be rolled out in a future update, I'm just extremely skeptical most people's network can handle that kind of data moving around and/or equipment will display it. The Vita and PSTV, the two main items that have been used until now for remote play certainly can't. It's likely a fraction of a percent of users would try to use it, complain that it wasn't as fast as naively playing on the PS4 (duh) and then there would be nothing but trash talking when it really boils down to their personal network quality not being able to handle the data.

• Like 1