Bethesda "not sure" if they can do Dawnguard on PS3

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/5939453/the-ps3-version-of-skyrim-might-not-get-dawnguards-dlc-at-all?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we've been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated.This is not a problem we're positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we'll keep doing our best to return that.

- Bethesda

Yeah, they've had how long to learn how to PS3 works, yet they still do this? Either they have a grudge against Sony, or their technical team is a bunch of monkeys.

The PS3 is a powerful system

the ps3 is more powerful than the xbox, why should it NOT be able to work on the ps3, but be able to work on xbox? i dont get this. if bethesda is really that worried about the skyrim DLC not being on the ps3, which they obviously arent, they would release said DLC on a disc, just like red dead redemption did for undead nightmare and oblivion did for the DLC pack.

• Like 1

...If EA was producing, they'd have released it at the same price with all the issues. I am grateful, at least, that they are working on it for us. Also, they're updating us even if the news is bad.. I know if Techland or Telltale was the developer we wouldn't know anything at all.

This is why you shouldn't program your own game engine if you don't fucking know how. At least when they used Gamebryo, despite its many "idiosyncracies", to put it nicely, the mere thought of DLC for their games didn't fucking break everything.

Aaaaand this is also why I still don't own Skyrim. Because Bethesda do not deserve my money for such an abysmally bad port. If Fallout 4 has these issues I'll just wait and get it when it's cheap on Steam.

This is quite the insult. How can a company not understand how to integrate the PS3? Skyrim is now maybe a GOTY buy only, but it has to have the same DLC as XBox or forget it. Since Beating Fallout NV I've kind of enjoyed my game not freezing all the time. Think I'll make that a new standard.

• 2 weeks later...

[/background][/font][/color]

the ps3 is more powerful than the xbox, why should it NOT be able to work on the ps3, but be able to work on xbox? i dont get this. if bethesda is really that worried about the skyrim DLC not being on the ps3, which they obviously arent, they would release said DLC on a disc, just like red dead redemption did for undead nightmare and oblivion did for the DLC pack.

ps3 is indeed powerful, but by now you should all know that is easier to make games for the xbox 360 than for the ps3, i'm not an expert but I've read that the 360 GPU is more powerful, however thanks to the ps3s' CPU (which is really complex) games do look better, but it requires time and dedication, for example games such as Uncharted, or the new promising The Last of Us, form Naughty Dog, they only develop games for Sony, that's why they are able to exploit it's full potential, compare games like Bayonetta or Batman Arkham Asylum/City and you'll notice that it looks better and smother on the 360, again is not about power is just that the ps3 its a bit more complex.

I don't know if anyone heard the latest, but Sony has dedicated a large development team to work with Betheseda just to get Dawnguard on the PS3. So it is coming if they are working that hard and that many resources have been devoted. Just give it some time all of you Skyrim fanatics!!! lol

• Like 1

I know it sound like bullshit but Microsoft has practically bought rights to have versions of DLC and games to be better on Xbox360. Practically their whole tactic.

Yeah, who knows? However, everyone knows Microsoft sucks!!! lol ;) Of course that is just my HIGHLY biased opinion, so you have been warned!!! lol

Edited by DanielVT - Temp-Back

You would think that after 4 released games in this generation for this platform they would have learned something.....

Nope... They didn't....

Fallout 3 had major problems and Fallout NV also did, but they didn;t even care to patch the games.

Then they released Skyrim with THE SAME exact problems but this time there were a lot of people who complained and gave them bad publicity so THEY HAD to make the patch (which I've heard doesn't fix all the issues).

If they released the dlc and it created the same known problems it would be like commiting suicide.

So on one hand I'm glad that they "respect as enough not to release a broken product", on the other hand it shows that they are amateurs when it comes to complex programming....