Best place to farm 20.000 kills

HElSENBERG79

What's Save Cursor?

Well I've not used it, but from the sounds of it it's like in other RPGs. What it does is that it locks your cursor at the command (battle) and/or menu selection that you last selected. This allows you to constantly use the same things over and over again in rapid succession, without having to worry about selecting them. It could be something like this:

Get into a battle

Character(s) with no multi target skills defend

Character(s) with multiple target skill uses it

All enemies defeated

Battle ends

Repeat

The cursor should always remain on those locations so there will be no need to move it. Just mash X and you should be good to go.

Edited by Caldor2K2

I was doing the post game dungeons and made some good progress on them but to get the plat out of the way I am doing the following:

I am using Arrow Rain gone from the Forest to Tower of Piertan, each area has a line you walk up and down so no need for turns and bends.
I have Save Cursor turned on, the party member using arrow rain as my first member in the lineup then have the Cook skill on another member so if they go first the Save Cursor will fill TP for Arrow Rain.
The party member using Arrow Rain also has auto recovery TP equipment.

Every now and again Arrow Rain might not be needed due to only one enemy or that party member not going first or second in battle so I save TP by just using normal attack.

The rest of the team is filled with members who have a high attack slash so if they go first they will kill an enemy in one hit.

Edited by fisty123

Well I've not used it, but from the sounds of it it's like in other RPGs. What it does is that it locks your cursor at the command (battle) and/or menu selection that you last selected. This allows you to constantly use the same things over and over again in rapid succession, without having to worry about selecting them. It could be something like this:

Get into a battle

Character(s) with no multi target skills defend

Character(s) with multiple target skill uses it

All enemies defeated

Battle ends

Repeat

The cursor should always remain on those locations so there will be no need to move it. Just mash X and you should be good to go.

thanks for the reply. where do you set up the option?

• 2 weeks later...

Quetion on keeping track on your kills. I know the trophy pops for 5K kills and you get an award for 10K kills. Is there another award for batlles won? I know there is one for 1000. Is there another award for like 2000 or some higher amount? I know its not exact but you could muliply it by 3 to get a rough estimate of your kills. Couldnt find a list of all awards except for one in Japanese.

I actually think you listed them all. It got so bad I decided to go and manually record my kills (not one by one though). I used that insanely named village in the bottom right corner of the map for my kill grinding. Sorry I don't have the Vita on (dead battery) to spell it out. On the far left part of that area near the start, is a space where you can move 11-12 steps north/south or up/down if you will.

Head to Seal Control and use up all your sealed monsters and try to sort them so only the ones that can be used are at the top. Now make notes for the following enemies:

Archer

Rusalka
Apsaras

Namahagu
Eel

Miss Mino
Vorpy

Mame Tanuki
Scylla

Phantom
Poison Appler

Banaggplant
Pharaoh

Each time you get 99 of these sealed head back to town and create 11 sealbooks, add 1 to your tally and repeat. I did mine in a mini notebook and ended up with something like this. For some odd reason the webcam made it backwards. I might be the only person alive who still uses notebooks for gaming info, and I've filled up 3 of them in the last few years haha. :)

post-30924-0-80178800-1464926571_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I actually think you listed them all. It got so bad I decided to go and manually record my kills (not one by one though). I used that insanely named village in the bottom right corner of the map for my kill grinding. Sorry I don't have the Vita on (dead battery) to spell it out. On the far left part of that area near the start, is a space where you can move 11-12 steps north/south or up/down if you will.

Head to Seal Control and use up all your sealed monsters and try to sort them so only the ones that can be used are at the top. Now make notes for the following enemies:

Archer

Rusalka

Apsaras

Namahagu

Eel

Miss Mino

Vorpy

Mame Tanuki

Scylla

Phantom

Poison Appler

Banaggplant

Pharaoh

Each time you get 99 of these sealed head back to town and create 11 sealbooks, add 1 to your tally and repeat. I did mine in a mini notebook and ended up with something like this. For some odd reason the webcam made it backwards. I might be the only person alive who still uses notebooks for gaming info, and I've filled up 3 of them in the last few years haha. :)

Nope, you are not the only one to use notebooks. My sister and I do. Anywho I tallied mine by the hour, trying to be consistent with enemies fought. I remember grinding non-stop for 6 hours, but I was watching a movie so it wasn't too bad.

Archer

Rusalka

Apsaras

Namahagu

Eel

Miss Mino

Vorpy

Mame Tanuki

Scylla

Phantom

Poison Appler

Banaggplant

Pharaoh

Thanks will give it a try. I hit 10K so need something to give me a rough idea how far I am.

Archer

Rusalka

Apsaras

Namahagu

Eel

Miss Mino

Vorpy

Mame Tanuki

Scylla

Phantom

Poison Appler

Banaggplant

Pharaoh

Got the plat. Your tip on logging them helped with my peace of mind. Not a fan of grinding but not knowing how much is left drives me crazy,

• 2 months later...

I'm doing something close to what you're doing, I figured out that I needed to make 1111 books with change once I got the 10k in-game award.  I'm doing it slightly different though.  I'm using a Witch with the Sorceress Skill Fire Blast in Temple of Wrappel,.  I maxed out Auto-Refresh, Concentrate, Nirvana, Economy and Fast Cast,so she can kill things faster and automatically recover MP (my Fire Blast costs 21 MP and she recovers 40 MP between the 2 rounds it takes to cast a spell)  I then wander around and kill until I get 99 of one enemy, usually Banagos, I then return, make sealed books, and store them in storage.

As of now, I got just under 800 books.  Once I get 989 in my Storage (ten items are unsellable), I plan to sell the books, then farm until I get 122 more books in my Storage again.  If my math is correct, I should get the trophy around the 123rd-124th book