The most horrifying and emotional moment ever in games that you have played

GeorgeGianno

I won't count jumping from being startled as horror (otherwise Resident Evil wins hands down), for horror I'd pick Heavy Rain's Lizard challenge (I refuse to spoil that scene).

For emotional, the end of Final Fantasy VII. Mainly because it was the first RPG I beat and after all that time the satisfaction and the great story ending what just awesome.

Not in particular order

Red dead redemption: The ride home until the very end, very emotionnal. Perfect scene with music and all...

FF7: Aerith death... :(

MW2: Ghost death, was very suprised

Heavy Rain: Almost all the game. Lizard chapter is something to remember

Mafia 1 and 2: both ending got me!

Few good moment in mass effect 2-3

Spec op: Second half of the game till the end, horror and emotionnal at the same time

Journey: The end is emotionnal, simple and effective

MGS4: The scene in the microwave was epic. Some fight with raiden was too.

Horror scene: Phantasmagoria, the end on the 7th cd was someting.

Haven't played many games but.....

When I completed Chapter 11 on Uncharted :blush:

Whats so bad about Chapter 11 in Uncharted? (I assume you mean Drake's Fortune)

Well anyways here are mine:

I didn't play any REAL horror games so this is the worst I have played:

I was really scared when playing Uncharted 1 for the first time. Every corner made me freak out, This was because someone told me it was a scary game. But when I actually saw those monster I didn't think they were really scary and I pretty much played it to the end without getting scared.

I found Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare pretty scary at some parts. With the music and weather effects the whole game just has a creepy feeling. But what actually made me scared was the parts where you had to clean out the grave yards. Once you killed enough Undead the "boss" appeared. They immidiatly gave a close-up of him and I didn't expect that...

The most emotional moment: (again of the games I have played)

I found the end of Red Dead Redemption pretty emotional, Poor John fought for the government trying to make up for what he did. But the 2 man who he was working with just wanted to wipe out the whole gang he was in, Ending with him after he helped killing the others.

Also I found the ending of InFamous 2 on Evil emotional. Its bad enough Zeke dies but forcing me to kill him felt horrible.

Emotional : FF7 Iris's death - wanted the rip the bastard a new one for 2 weeks (had been leveling my party with iris in it like a madman) - Remember screaming "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" in my head lol.

Horrifying : Losing my hard drive with all my saves. Still having nightmares of my lost 200 hours of FF13. sniff.

Emotional moment it must be in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception where Sully dies. That game fooled me.

Lol +1! i even text my girlfriend saying "Oh no! sullys just been shot in the back! i think hes dead!" she replied with "aww :(" hahaha then 10 minutes later "Oh wait! i drank some bad water. False alarm!"

I don't really play horror games enough to have a horrifying moment, but I can easily say that Heavy Rain wins the emotional moments award. There were so many times for myself that I had to set the controller down or just take a break because of how intensely I got sucked into the game. For a game with such a minimal control scheme and usage it speaks to how well it was put together. (for me at least)

• 3 months later...

Caution: This post may contain spoilers!

These are not in any specific order.

Chrono Cross

1. It's just an all around emotional game for me.

Sleeping Dogs

1. The Wedding: After Winston tells Wei to get Peggy out of there, she didn't deserve this.
  2. The Election: Finding Jackie's body hanging from a pipe with his intestines out.

Borderlands 2 (Fuck You Jack!)

1. The Death of Bloodwing: For someone who played Borderlands(1) as Mordecai only and dedicated his skill points to Bloodwing specifically, not to mention over 300+ hours as Mordy and Blood, this has been the most emotional moment in my gaming history.
  2. The Death of Roland: Though I only played through Borderlands(1) as Mordy, this was still emotional for me and my friend.

Prince of Persia (2008)

1. Prince loved Elika so much that he released Ahriman to be with her.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1. Near the end after drinking from the fountain, Sully gets shot. Thankfully Drake was hallucinating [tripping balls].

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

Emotional:

Bioshock - Good ending where you save all little sisters, seeing their important life events as they get to grow up and then all being with him for his final moments in the hospital bed :')

Final Fantasy X - Tidus saying goodbye to everyone at the end

Red Dead Redemption - the ending

Nier - almost the entire game haha

Disturbing/Horrifying:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Pamela's Gibdo father locked up in the basement >.<

tumblr_m06aktL4XB1qilq9oo1_500.pngthere he is eeek

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time -

deadhand_screen.jpg

This scary deathand beepstard under Kakariko village

Skulltula_LoZ.jpg

The Skulltula house and pretty much just Skulltulas in general

so many things scared me when i was little in these games but they're still among my favourites :wub:

Nier:

30-emilsister43.jpg

Finding this in the lab beneath Emil's mansion! >.< although this moment could be put under emotional too

Edited by JennifairyW