The most horrifying and emotional moment ever in games that you have played

GeorgeGianno

My most horrific time was in SIlent Hill 1 at sewers without radio to warning you about enemies,that they could grab you without can see them,you were to run run run !!!!to finish Sewer as fast as possible.

My most emotional is from Heavy Rain the time that the old mother of the killer whispering the name of his child to Madison.

Second can put the moment in Resident Evil 2 secret laboratory when Ada get shot from Annette and falling down after some time that Leon holds her.

• Like 2

Most horrifying would probably be either my 1st playthrough of Bioshock 1 or Dead Space 1. Some points during Dead Space 1 just scared the crap out of me and Bioshock 1 just had that "please don't let there be an enemy around this corn- AAHH" feeling to it :D

I agree with Kirbz on Nier for an emotional game. Other than that one: Kingdom Hearts.

Horrifying moment should be in Dead Space 2, where I killed every necromorphs and then AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I died becayse of one that was behind me. NINJA STYLE! :ninja:

Emotional moment it must be in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception where Sully dies. That game fooled me.

• Like 2

Disturbing: The Hive in Duke Nukem. I go into it in great detail in part 2/2 of my review. You can find it here: http://www.1upgamesonline.com/Forums.html or here: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/3324-duke-nukem-forever-campaign-review/

Emotional: When I was a child playing Final Fantasy II, and Tellah the Sage finally confronts Golbez to avenge his daughter, but is unable to defeat him. Out of anger he converts all his lifeinto MP to cast the ultimate Black Magic spell, Meteo, only wounding Golbez, but killing himself in the process. I admit seeing the old man writhing in lament at his failure with his last breaths was enough to make young me start to tear up, especially backed by that soundtrack.

Edited by siuilarun

Horrific moment: Silent Hill for sure inside the hospital where you needed to sneak past a room full of nurses without bumping into them and WITHOUT a flashlight because if you turned it on, they’d kill you!

Emotional moment: Scene in Final Fantasy VII when Aeris died. Yup, made my eyes swell :(

emotional-Mareg's death in Grandia II

horrifying-Silent Hill 2. Not Pyramid Head, but the first frikkin monster you see on the streets. Scared the shit out of me, of course only being 14 when I played it might have had something to do with it. Also, it didn't help that the ambience was spooky as fuck on headphones (I was playing the PC version)

• Like 1

Emotional - Thane dying in MassEffect 3. I was so emotionally invested in him and to see him die just made me cry like a bitch.

Horrifying - Playing Phantasmagoria as a child thinking you're playing the censored mode when in fact, youre not. That game made me have nightmares for months.

emotional-Mareg's death in Grandia II

horrifying-Silent Hill 2. Not Pyramid Head, but the first frikkin monster you see on the streets. Scared the shit out of me, of course only being 14 when I played it might have had something to do with it. Also, it didn't help that the ambience was spooky as fuck on headphones (I was playing the PC version)

Do you remember the intro in Harry's Mason dream ?That was really creepy too !

Do you remember the intro in Harry's Mason dream ?That was really creepy too !

What, the baby demon things and the deformed dogs? That freaked me out a little bit, but not as much as Silent Hill 2. I never got around to beating Silent Hill 1, think I got up to the school before I chickened out :ninja:

• Like 1

Returning to Shadow Moses in chapter 4 of Metal Gear Solid 4 was one of the most beautiful moments I've ever experience in a video game.The epic MGS1 music in the background and all the audio flashbacks playing around the place still gives me chills every time I play it.

• Like 3

My most horrific time was in SIlent Hill 1 at sewers without radio to warning you about enemies,that they could grab you without can see them,you were to run run run !!!!to finish Sewer as fast as possible.

YES! I felt that the sewer left me more uneasy than Alchemilla Hospital. The music set it off, it was the darkest part of the game and the map wasn't helpful at all.

----------------

Emotional

1) Metal Gear Solid

2) Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

3) Final Fantasy IX

Vivi slowly becoming alienated.

Horrifying

1) Silent Hill 3

Stanley's perverse diaries in Brookhaven Hospital and the final note on the wall. (And I thought I was fucked up.)

2) Resident Evil 2

The Licker smashing through the magic mirror when the music stops in the Interrogation Room. Still makes me jump every time.

3) Dino Crisis

The first T-Rex encounter in the office.

4) Forbidden Siren, Forbidden Siren 2, Siren: Blood Curse

The Shibito that resemble insects such as a beetle, spider, fly, maggot etc..

5) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Nemesis bursting through walls, windows and everything. Always showing up at the worst moment.

• Like 1

Emotional:In Heavy rain when the son gets hit by the car and dies.

Horrifying:Duke nukem forver the hive,seeing those women like that is just so sick.

It didn't help that Duke Nukem, our hero, was actually mocking them as they were being raped (Don't flag me for using the word, it's in context and is not being used as a joke or means of disrespect by me or anyone... other than Duke Nukem, I mean.) to death.

I gotta say that the end of Mass Effect 3, I'm talking about the game, not the stupid ending, it's just that after playing the first 1 then the 2nd one and then the 3rd one, its so emotional, I got attached to characters, the most emotional thing that happened in the whole experience was when Kaidan died and when Mordin sacrificed himself :(

Contains SPOILERS in case someone bitches...

Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 3, and Deus Ex hold some of the most emotional and horrifying moments in gaming for me. There's probably even more than that but those are the only games I could think of at the moment.

Heavy Rain broke me mentally with it's gripping narrative and emotional roller coaster of a tale. I'm not a father (and damn well not close to the age to be one) but seeing it through the eyes of one who isn't a dead beat one who was treated like garbage and doing anything to get his son was definitely unforgettable. Ethan having lost a son already and barely able to raise his other was sorrowful.

Metal Gear Solid 4 almost brought me to tears watching Raiden almost die from being crushed Ocelot's metal gear (it's a metal gear, right?). And also watching Snake, all his life fighting for everything but himself and not living a life like he was supposed to wanted me want to finish the game so he could finally rest in peace.

Uncharted for me was like having long time friends from my childhood grow up with me and watching Elena and Sully almost die made me want to kill every single son of a bitch that was coming my way. I was absolutely angry when Sully "died" and made sure I didn't show mercy to any bastard coming my way.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of those games that has a tale of many things. Watching Adam Jensen pretty much being a science experiment, finding the truth in a web of lies, and watching the betrayl made by those he had loved and trusted was gripping to me. Watching him doing anything and everything to find who "killed" Megan and find out why was one of the most unforgettable experiences I've witnessed. He seemed as if it was a tale of redemption in some way, him trying to find himself in a world where being "human" is ultimately non-existent.

This is my list (so far...) and there's probably more games I'll realize after I post this but so far, these are the games I stand by and even recommend for all.

• Like 1

Horrifying: Probably the finger cutting sequence in Heavy Rain. It's definitely the most intense game I've ever played and I literally had to take a break after that bit. Not because of the gore or anything as trivial, I was just so into the characters that I didn't want anything bad to happen to them and having to go through something like this with one of them was pretty intense.

Emotional: I was gonna say Mass Effect 3 and certain scenes involving Thane and Mordin, but then I remembered Red Dead Redemption. Don't ask me why, but the part where Marston rides home to his family with Jamie Lidell's 'Compass' playing in the background is probably the most touching thing I've ever witnessed in a game. For me that moment surpasses even the ending.

Edited by CloudyMemory2

Id have to say for emotional was seeing aerith dying in FF7. I wasnt expecting it, and FF7 was the first real game id played. It did bring a tear to my eyes and worst of id spent ages getting her final limit break for her to die and i never got to use it or see it. Not untill i replayed it many years later.

I cant really think of any for horrifying though. Dead Space creeped me out. Surround sound with 1000 watts, lights off. I jumped a few times.

Edited by SirSmokalot002