Sharpshooter Trophy exploit (70% accuracy)

Is this still possible on update 1.05

I just updated to 1.05, and I am not able to select anything other than the Prologue on Save 2. It's not giving me the ability to skip forward at all.

EDIT: I was able to pop the Sharpshooter trophy on version 1.05. I actually just loaded up my completed game save, started an encounter to get my hit ratio to 70%, saved the game in a new slot and ran through the Epilogue. It seems that Naughy Dog has corrected the bug that allows you to select any chapter on a new save, but they have not corrected the bug that allows you to save from an encounter. That's the bug that allows this to work at all.

Edited by jkdeadite
  • Like 1

I just updated to 1.05, and I am not able to select anything other than the Prologue on Save 2. It's not giving me the ability to skip forward at all.

EDIT: I was able to pop the Sharpshooter trophy on version 1.05. I actually just loaded up my completed game save, started an encounter to get my hit ratio to 70%, saved the game in a new slot and ran through the Epilogue. It seems that Naughy Dog has corrected the bug that allows you to select any chapter on a new save, but they have not corrected the bug that allows you to save from an encounter. That's the bug that allows this to work at all.

I did eventually get the Sharpshooter trophy on version 1.05. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not working on 1.20... sigh. I have played through the game like 3 times and I'm sure I did it under 6 hours by like 15 minutes but still didn't pop!. I'm going to buy the disc version if I can find it dirt cheap somewhere on the net, seems like my only option for sharpshooter and less than 6 hours Trophies.

played the last of us last month on the ps3 on survival difficulty and manage to get 84% of sharp shooting in one play through.

played Uncharted 4 legitimate 3 times so far, set the difficulty to normal and auto aim/aim assist to max, passed most of the combat areas stealthily and shoot and killed only the ones that you must shoot your way out when encounter them + make'd sure every shoot count, yet final result..... 43% 55% and the last time I played it I got 61% ****!

what am I doing wrong? is sharp shooter mean I must kill most of the enemies with head shot?

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

played the last of us last month on the ps3 on survival difficulty and manage to get 84% of sharp shooting in one play through.

played Uncharted 4 legitimate 3 times so far, set the difficulty to normal and auto aim/aim assist to max, passed most of the combat areas stealthily and shoot and killed only the ones that you must shoot your way out when encounter them + make'd sure every shoot count, yet final result..... 43% 55% and the last time I played it I got 61% ****!

what am I doing wrong? is sharp shooter mean I must kill most of the enemies with head shot?

Yes. Headshots throughout the story just to be sure your accuracy counts. Best to do this on the easiest difficulty and using the "Barok .44" with "Infinite Ammo" enabled. Turn auto aim off and take your time.

Edited by veemonsticker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, veemonsticker said:

Yes. Headshots throughout the story just to be sure your accuracy counts. Best to do this on the easiest difficulty and using the "Barok .44" with "Infinte Ammo" enabled. Turn auto aim off and take your time.

omg! you just saved me from doing a pointless 4th speed run play through to get the same disappointing result, I thought you must make your shots made contact with the enemies and not shooting randomly from the hip or blind firing from covers, boy I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

omg! you just saved me from doing a pointless 4th speed run play through to get the same disappointing result, I thought you must make your shots made contact with the enemies and not shooting randomly from the hip or blind firing from covers, boy I was wrong.

You're welcome. Yes - headshot = 100% accurate. No speed is required as long as the shots are headshots.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying this technique on 1.00 (installed from disc), and while it worked for Crushing and Speedrun, I'm not sure it works for Sharpshooter. When I tried to load up a Chapter or the Prologue to increase my accuracy, it had carried over my old accuracy rating instead of resetting it to zero. Also I can't select encounters at all, as I guess they added that in a later patch.

Has anyone gotten this technique to unlock Sharpshooter on a fresh disc install?