Worth get the HD Collection ?

Hi guys! I played MGS 3 on ps2 (what a game <3), MGS4 on PS3 (what a game too <3) and MGS PP on pc. I planning get the HD collection for PS3, same as MGS PP (or just wait when i get ps4, and then buy for it ??). Its good port ? Like GOW ?? I ear that HD Collection have the first 2 games, its true ?? I would like to get into the history, because for now, i.m just see videos on internet for try get me into the history and follow the line.

Anyway, thanks for your time!  :)  :D

MGS HD is the single best HD collection out there, and one of the best values as well. As bad as Konami has been, this was a fantastic move. I highly recommend it.

And yes - it does have the original two games (although I actually find the Japanese version of Metal Gear to be weaker than the American release, particularly in the music department).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

If you can, buy the Legacy Collection edition instead of the HD Collection. It will come with all games that are canon with the exception of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

At first, I would have disagreed, because the collection was overpriced. But it seems to be much more reasonable now.

Personally i would go with the legacy collection. thats what i bought and i have never regretted it

If you can, buy the Legacy Collection edition instead of the HD Collection. It will come with all games that are canon with the exception of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

well sadly it doesnt come with portable ops but other than those 3, it has it all

Yes, I definitely recommend buying  a MGS collection because at the very least you'll get MGS2, MGS3 and MGS: Peace Walker. You'll still have to make some additional purchases to fill in the gaps but it's a good route to take if you want the full story and experience!

If you don't own MGS4, it's better to buy The Legacy Collection; but if you already own the former or don't want to play it again, buy the HD Collection instead.

The Phantom Pain plays good on PS3, if you want two trophy sets buy it, if you only plan to play it once, but it for PS3 if you can't wait or if you want a slightly better experience, buy it for PS4, it's up to you. I already platted it on PS3 and when I buy a PS4, I'll buy the PS4 version as well.

I ear that HD Collection have the first 2 games, its true ?? 

Anyway, thanks for your time!  :)  :D

By the first 2 games, do you mean MG1 and MG2 or MGS1 and MGS2?

The HD collection only has MGS2 HD, MGS3 HD (with MG and MG2 included), MGS PW HD. 

If you want to play MGS1, better get the legacy collection as it include a voucher for you to download it from PS Store.

The legacy collection is basically the HD Collection + MGS4 + MGS1 download code.

You should get MGS GZ also if you can.

For GZ, it's ok to play on PS3 but for PP, I think you should wait till you get a PS4 (and finish all other games in the collection lol) before getting it.

Edited by PliskinCobra

• 1 month later...