PS3 Update 4.25

HeySumbode

Via the PS Blog EU/US

We’ve got some happy news for PlayStation Plus members this week – the latest firmware update (version 4.25) goes live tomorrow, increasing your Cloud Storage limit from 150MB to a whopping 1GB.

After you’ve installed the update, simply go to the Saved Data Utility under the Game column of the XMB. From there you can access the Online Storage folder and find any existing game saves already uploaded, as well as the increase in space to 1GB. So set your automatic download to upload every game save for every game you play, and enjoy the additional breathing room. You can also continue to use this feature to selectively upload game saves you specify.

Edited by HeySumbode
  • Like 3

Awesome. I've been on the edge of running out of space for a while now, I've had to move non-copy protected saves to a USB drive. This is really cool, now I can have all the saves on my PS3 (even the huge 50MB Mafia II save)

Yeah, that's the one i'm dealing with right now that really pushed me to delete some of my older saves. Damn 37MB save file :shakefist:! I only have about 350 miles to drive in the "Jimmy's Vendetta" DLC to 100% it though so I could just ditch it once complete :hmm:. Nah, with this update, I won't need to worry about it for a long time :yay:

That's fantastic! I wish this came out about 30 days sooner though as I just flushed a bunch of saves to make room for upcoming games :(. Oh well; i'll probably never go back to the games I deleted anyway :P

This is great. I never delete game saves. I may clean out a few when I have dozens of saves like in Bioshock or Fallout 3, but I always keep a few of the latest ones. Some devs wait months to release dlc and you never know when a new game may use an old game save for some type of added content (inFamous 2, Dead Space 2). :D