Xseed will publish 3 titles to ps4. Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity,Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero, and Exile’s End.

Now I have to triple dip. Already have my digital codes for PS4 and PSV safe, and now I have to get that Vita-retail.   :holy:

Can't wait for 1/2 Genie Hero, hopefully we'll get a release date or window for it soon.

Last info about a possible release window was given in April:

Good day loyal backers! It’s been a while since our last update. The reason is WORK! It’s been a madhouse over here as we move ahead at a feverish pace towards our Pre-Alpha goal. We’ve enlisted help from several of our go-to partners from all over the globe to help get the job done. Half-Genie Hero is in production 24 hours a day - literally ‘round the clock! It’s awesome and exhausting at the same time.

You might be asking, “is this normal?” Yes! This is often what the end of a major development effort looks like, and we’re no strangers to it. The major risks have been conquered, the fun is firmly in place, and all that remains is to bring each piece of the game to its final version, which takes nothing less than a TON of muscle.

Where that puts us today: We should be content complete in about 2 months, with another month of testing after that. Also expect 3 weeks in there for translations and ratings too, which can only happen once we’re done making content. These things can overlap, but it doesn’t always work out that way which is why we can’t give a firm release date (yet). Our best guess is that we’ll be submitting to 1st parties (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Valve) in July. We know that it’s been difficult to wait for so long, but ask that you endure with us to the end!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1567914

They may announce the release date during the E3. ^_^

Now I have to triple dip. Already have my digital codes for PS4 and PSV safe, and now I have to get that Vita-retail.   :holy:

Last info about a possible release window was given in April:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1567914

They may announce the release date during the E3. ^_^

Yeah, I knew that much, but that's just them submitting the game to companies, I don't really consider it a release window, but I guess it is the next best thing. And yeah, hopefully it'll get a release date then, and it'll be playable at E3, too, so there might be some new videos of gameplay and stuff coming.

what the hell happen to shantae 1/2 genin hero ps3 version, got canceled?

it's supposed to be on all platforms ps3, ps4, Vita, 360, XBONE, wii u and PC. now it say ps4, Vita and wii u... *heart broked* :(

why the hell shantae franchise are skipping the ps3??

ps3 somehow became too weak to Handel 2D graphics? or does the 1/2 genie hero kickstart funding for the ps3 version been spent on booze?

I know I had to upgrade to ps4 in the end someday, but why do I need a ps4 just to play this 2D game.

Edited by yellowwindow7

what the hell happen to shantae 1/2 genin hero ps3 version, got canceled?

it's supposed to be on all platforms ps3, ps4, Vita, 360, XBONE, wii u and PC. now it say ps4, Vita and wii u... *heart broked* :(

why the hell shantae franchise are skipping the ps3??

ps3 somehow became too weak to Handel 2D graphics? or does the 1/2 genie hero kickstart funding for the ps3 version been spent on booze?

I know I had to upgrade to ps4 in the end someday, but why do I need a ps4 just to play this 2D game.

It still is coming out for all those platforms, but I think that only PS4, PS Vita, and Wii U are getting physical copies of the game because of XSEEDs help, WayForward is a digital publisher, so they had to seek out a physical publisher to do this. Every other system will get it digital only, probably. Scroll down in this entry for more details: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1567914

It still is coming out for all those platforms, but I think that only PS4, PS Vita, and Wii U are getting physical copies of the game because of XSEEDs help, WayForward is a digital publisher, so they had to seek out a physical publisher to do this. Every other system will get it digital only, probably. Scroll down in this entry for more details: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1567914

kinda releaf to hear this, but to me personally I don't really care if ps3 will get it only digital, the game supposed to be a digital only release and it's a 2D game probably 900 MB or 1, 2 GB.

kinda releaf to hear this, but to me personally I don't really care if ps3 will get it only digital, the game supposed to be a digital only release and it's a 2D game probably 900 MB or 1, 2 GB.

Yeah, the game won't be super big since it's developed as a digital only game. The physical copies are only happening because of demand for them, and it's a nice little bonus for those who want them. I'm personally gonna get it since it comes with the soundtrack and I like to have physical copies of games if possible.

Yeah, the game won't be super big since it's developed as a digital only game. The physical copies are only happening because of demand for them, and it's a nice little bonus for those who want them. I'm personally gonna get it since it comes with the soundtrack and I like to have physical copies of games if possible.

physical is always better than digital for many reasons, but in my end I shouldn't have to complaint about this I should be thankful that it's still coming to the ps3 and I can get it on that if the price is right.

I was kinda hoping it would be something related to this project:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touhou_Project

I guess it is, but it seems to be an RPG instead of a shmup. I'm not complaining though. :S

All the games look good in fact, so great news I guess! :D

Yup, it is this 2hou. Just not shoot 'em up this time ;)

Plus, there's no other 2hou than 2hou =D

Only hoping for TouHou to get a physical copy don't care about the other two games.

Did you read your own posted article? :D It says it will be digital =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Yeah, I knew that much, but that's just them submitting the game to companies, I don't really consider it a release window, but I guess it is the next best thing. And yeah, hopefully it'll get a release date then, and it'll be playable at E3, too, so there might be some new videos of gameplay and stuff coming.

CkIDJ_SUYAArmOz.jpg

Looky what just went up for pre-order at GameStop -- and with a release date, no less!!

http://bit.ly/1VD0lqn

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/739156767821598720/

Not sure if it's a place holder, though. But it seems like it's not.

Regarding that last tweet- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero digital and retail will launch at the same time, yes!

https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/739157393917906944 Edited by Crimson Idol

physical is always better than digital for many reasons, but in my end I shouldn't have to complaint about this I should be thankful that it's still coming to the ps3 and I can get it on that if the price is right.

On Kickstarter you were able to get a download code for $15, no matter what the platform. So I assume the normal price will be either $15 too, or more likely $20.