Rank S downgraded to Rank B due to DLC?

Esquoret

Hi guys, just a question...

When you get the platinum trophy for a game with no DLC, you get a Rank S for the game. And USUALLY when DLC trophies are introduced to the game, the rank goes down to Rank A. So my question is why sometimes a game gets downgraded to rank B? Goat Simulator is the latest example of this for me... I highly prefer to keep all my games at Rank S or Rank A, so this is bothering me. Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

Because Goat Simulator has high percentage base game trophies, thus, the average is higher and more trophies pushed Plat to B.

This would be the main reason, If you look at some of the harder games you can get rank A with as little as 15 - 20 % of the trophies.

• Like 1

The Ranks are based upon the average completion %. Many moons ago somebody posted what each rank equates too. The only one I can remember is an A rank is approx. 1.55 x the average completion percentage. In the case of Goat Simulator this means an A is ~80%. With the DLC the Plat is now 72% hence it is a B

• Like 2

The Ranks are based upon the average completion %. Many moons ago somebody posted what each rank equates too. The only one I can remember is an A rank is approx. 1.55 x the average completion percentage. In the case of Goat Simulator this means an A is ~80%. With the DLC the Plat is now 72% hence it is a B

Yup, I do believe this is correct. For example:

13433160_1033145540105442_55532165873851

Average completion is 5%. 5%x1.55=7.75%. 9%>7.75% so I got an A rank even though I only got 9% completion in the game.

• Like 1

I'm late, but I want to provide some additional info. :D

If you want to calculate the ranks required completion percentage (besides the A-rank), you can use the values provided here:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31970-game-grades/#entry773154

That's the one. That table really helps motivate you when you are looking to boost your grades