Sqrt(Letter) coming west in 2016

Satoshi Ookami

Hmm, I'm not into Visual novels, I tried Steins Gate, it was great but that was it.

But where some people is putting this one aside because the absence of lolis in this game I'm getting hooked for the great graphics and that is a mystery novel.

I hope to find a good price, these games are hard to drop their original price.

I just played it for the first two hours and I have to say that I'm quite surprised that this VN has some real gameplay. :D

IMO it feels like a nice mix between a VN and some 90's adventure (those where you moved via menu and played in 1st person mode).

So far I'm interested in keep on playing it. But this might change as I'm still at the beginning of chapter 3.

Here's the launch trailer. It gets me really excited! :D

I hope a guide gets made for it soon so I can play it. :giggle:

The game looks great, especially those features. The trailer also confirms that NG+ is needed to solve the mystery and get a true ending.

I'm getting hooked for the great graphics and that is a mystery novel.

Same here :highfive:.

I just played it for the first two hours and I have to say that I'm quite surprised that this VN has some real gameplay. :D

IMO it feels like a nice mix between a VN and some 90's adventure (those where you moved via menu and played in 1st person mode).

So far I'm interested in keep on playing it. But this might change as I'm still at the beginning of chapter 3.

That's good to know, here's hoping the game stays that way.

But where some people is putting this one aside because the absence of lolis in this game I'm getting hooked for the great graphics and that is a mystery novel.

I hope to find a good price, these games are hard to drop their original price.

Haha. Their loss. One of the reasons I'm so interested in this game is because it's a cool Japanese game WITHOUT lolis in it.

• Like 1

Many stacks => people are going to be skip whoring them :/

Which is more money for developers, though.

Honestly, as long as they do the first playthrough legit, I have no problem with the following skip whoring. I played all prince of persia games on ps2 and just skipped everything I could on ps3. Problem is if they skip even the initial playthrough, that would be a crime.

And yes, more money to the devs means more future games. Stacks, baby!

• Like 1

Honestly, as long as they do the first playthrough legit, I have no problem with the following skip whoring. I played all prince of persia games on ps2 and just skipped everything I could on ps3. Problem is if they skip even the initial playthrough, that would be a crime.

Well... no one does that if they skip VNs :/

And... it's actually kinda hard to say what is first playthrough in VN :D

• Like 2

I'm sorry if this was covered already, but trying to decide between buying this now while physical copies can be found or waiting for a digital sale down the road. How long is the game (start to plat)?

Physical >>>>>> Digital :awesome: 

I love collecting Vita games, so that's a no-brainer for me. From what I've heard, the game is worth spending the extra money on.

I can't say for sure since I haven't played the game for myself yet, but it looks like it'll take you around 16-20 hours to platinum if you play the game properly (no skipping unread dialogue). I'm going off this: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/root-letter/291578-estimated-time-platinum.html

It's hard to determine if that's accurate or not since only two people have voted, but it's the best information I could find right now.

Physical >>>>>> Digital :awesome:

I love collecting Vita games, so that's a no-brainer for me. From what I've heard, the game is worth spending the extra money on.

I can't say for sure since I haven't played the game for myself yet, but it looks like it'll take you around 16-20 hours to platinum if you play the game properly (no skipping unread dialogue). I'm going off this: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/root-letter/291578-estimated-time-platinum.html

It's hard to determine if that's accurate or not since only two people have voted, but it's the best information I could find right now.

I agree phys over digital any day but my wallet is above all that. Thanks for checking into it. I'll hold of a couple weeks until more people get a chance to weigh in.

I'm sorry if this was covered already, but trying to decide between buying this now while physical copies can be found or waiting for a digital sale down the road. How long is the game (start to plat)?

It's still relatively new for a digital sale.

It's quite short VN in itself.

https://vndb.org/v18644

But Plat is going to take you a bit more while.

Assuming that every chapter has about the same length I guess it will take me about 8 hours to finish my first playthrough. I'm at chapter 4 right now and the timer says 2:30hrs so far.
So sad that I won't make it into the top 10 of fastest achievers then.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, that's quite interesting. I can't say I've really seen that in a VN before. I'm curious as to how it's gonna work. :hmm:

Like Dragon said my guess is that a special route will open up after you finished every other route. But there are also those letters right at the beginning of each chapter and you're asked a question in each one and have the possibility to choose one of three answers and a follow-up question. This might influence the later story path, too. But as I'm only one third into the game it's a rough guess.

• Like 1

From the ones I've played recently, it was required in 999, VLR, ZTD, Code Realize, and Hatoful Boyfriend.

I suppose you're right about VLR and ZTD (I haven't played the others). It's just that it sounds a bit different in this game, because from the sound of it, you have to go all the way back to the start of the game like a proper NG+ and can't jump around timelines like in VLR and ZTD. I could be wrong though.

I suppose you're right about VLR and ZTD (I haven't played the others). It's just that it sounds a bit different in this game, because from the sound of it, you have to go all the way back to the start of the game like a proper NG+ and can't jump around timelines like in VLR and ZTD. I could be wrong though.

With all of them but VLR and ZTD you need need to replay the game from the beginning. You can skip read text in them though.

It's just a normal route. 

If you play Code:Realize, you will experience it with Lupin's route. =)

• Like 1

Yeah, that's quite interesting. I can't say I've really seen that in a VN before. I'm curious as to how it's gonna work. :hmm:

I can comment on this a bit now.

After you finish the first ending the game will tell you that some additional endings are unlocked (and the count of total endings remaining) and then you can try to reach those endings by choosing different replies/options in the letters. The good thing is:

The game shows you which options you already used (by greying them out) but it will also add new reply-options and some new locations. I don't know which options are required for which ending, though. I want to play it blind as much as possible.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1