Grinding sphere grid

D4N11--

I currently need only complete all characters sphere grid and get all wakka overdrives and 2 bosses + watch the eternal calm.

I've been grinding levels on tom jingerberry with triple ap + overdrive -> ap weapon and some triple overdrive weapons, I get alot of levels with that and im okay with that, but problem is I need tons of spheres (power sphere) etc. I've been grinding kottos and using distillers on him so he drops 20-40 spheres each time, but the problem is it takes like 20minutes to kill kottos. How many grid spots are in the sphere grid? Do I need like 5000 spheres z.z? Also I've heard I need to fill all the empty nodes too, how in earth am I going to get the spheres for them?? how many of them are there?

Edit: I calculated now fight took only 14min as I hitted 2 2 2 with wakka overheel overdrive to deal 120K dmg, but still 20 spheres in 14min = 100 spheres in 1 hour  so If I need like 5000 spheres its gonna take 50hours??? also thats without the special type of nodes only the 4 normal spheres

Edited by D4N11--

As much as I love FFX, yeah, it's quite the grind.   Sounds like you're doing all the rights things, it just really is time consuming.   I couldn't tell you off hand who drops what but there are a few arena monsters you'll want to farm for various magic, strength, MP spheres etc...   Mind your key spheres too, and clear spheres if you want to max stats.   Wakkas overdrives are from Blitzball iirc, at least that's fun.   Only thing that might be encouraging is that the more you level characters the easier enemies will be to kill.

Unfortunately though, yeah, it is a grindfest.   

• Like 1

First. Fight species conquest monster Fafnir, not Kottos. I'm pretty yes he dies much faster. Also, once you start getting overkills on the boss you'll get 40 instead of 20.

Focus on one character first. Really make Tidus or Wakka super powered so you can start getting the overkills. If you've got extra spheres then start bringing the others along, but really work on one or maybe two people first. Get your main party fully maxed before bothering with people you don't use.

You can bribe the key spheres from different arena monsters, so go farm a couple million gold and get what you need. It seems like you just want the trophies and aren't interested in pointless min/maxing, so don't bother with clear spheres. A couple Teleport spheres will speed the process up for the first people you level. After that, just follow the path for the others.

You can get the various spheres that add stats to empty nodes from beating monsters in the arena as well, but each one only drops one (2 with overkill) at a time.

Good luck, and take breaks as you need to avoid burnout.

Standard grid - 860

Expert grid - 792

Edited by Hemiak

I already answered this in one of your previous threads... Do it while grinding monsters for arena, and then as early as you can do Omega Ruins. Also equip stuff to level up faster. etc As for the specific spheres you may wanna use, seriously, just use a guide for it. The game has been out for 15 years, there's plenty of sources.

Edited by MMDE

I think you forgot that you get stronger as you use your spheres. I killed Kottos in less than 1-2 mins unless I am mistaken on my time when I started re-running the sphere grid to fill the empty nodes. There is no way it would take 50 hours just to grind your spheres to unlock the node, that didn't take long o.O

Oh this trophy... I'm working on it myself, had to give the game a break for a few months haha
I've only got a few characters left to do (Rikku, Wakka and Khimari) and because i've already killed the Dark Aeons and Penance I no longer need such high stats on LUCK xD  So I've been using CLEAR SPHERES to get rid of all my LUCK nodes and then just fill them with AGILITY or EVASION until every character is complete... Hopefully this plan helps someone else out  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I currently need only complete all characters sphere grid and get all wakka overdrives and 2 bosses + watch the eternal calm.

I've been grinding levels on tom jingerberry with triple ap + overdrive -> ap weapon and some triple overdrive weapons, I get alot of levels with that and im okay with that, but problem is I need tons of spheres (power sphere) etc. I've been grinding kottos and using distillers on him so he drops 20-40 spheres each time, but the problem is it takes like 20minutes to kill kottos. How many grid spots are in the sphere grid? Do I need like 5000 spheres z.z? Also I've heard I need to fill all the empty nodes too, how in earth am I going to get the spheres for them?? how many of them are there?

Edit: I calculated now fight took only 14min as I hitted 2 2 2 with wakka overheel overdrive to deal 120K dmg, but still 20 spheres in 14min = 100 spheres in 1 hour  so If I need like 5000 spheres its gonna take 50hours??? also thats without the special type of nodes only the 4 normal spheres

where do you get the Triple AP stuff?

where do you get the Triple AP stuff?

He either made them (Evil Eye species creation drop weapons with 2 of them, you just add the 3rd ability) or got them as a drop from Ultima Buster (First Strike Weapon + Yojimbo with Overdrive for the best chances of Zanmato).

There's a guide for this on GameFAQs, check it for further info, since I don't remember what materials are needed to add the ability missing in the weapon dropped from the Evil Eye species creation..