Link Guides across console generations

Is there any way to link trophy guides between PS3 and PS4 games?  I just got South Park The Stick Of Truth on PS4 and it's frustrating that I can't see the trophies I've earned as I'm looking at the guide (which as an awesome feature) because I'm earning it for PS4, and the guide is for the PS3 version.

• Like 1

Is there any way to link trophy guides between PS3 and PS4 games?  I just got South Park The Stick Of Truth on PS4 and it's frustrating that I can't see the trophies I've earned as I'm looking at the guide (which as an awesome feature) because I'm earning it for PS4, and the guide is for the PS3 version.

This is definitely on the wish list, however from what Sly (the owner of the site) has told me before, it's actually pretty complex to apply a single guide to multiple lists based on how the system draws and displays info specifically from one particular list. So it would take quite some time to untangle everything and make it work right for other lists too, but I think it's doable - for now things like the upcoming major site update and stuff are priority though, maybe he'll look into this sometime after ;)

• Like 3

This is definitely on the wish list, however from what Sly (the owner of the site) has told me before, it's actually pretty complex to apply a single guide to multiple lists based on how the system draws and displays info specifically from one particular list. So it would take quite some time to untangle everything and make it work right for other lists too, but I think it's doable - for now things like the upcoming major site update and stuff are priority though, maybe he'll look into this sometime after ;)

Can't the guide authors just copy/paste the guide onto the other version? If it's literally the same trophies that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Edited by PREDRAG-K
  • Like 2

This kinda annoys me a quite bit personally, so I'd totally love to see it. This is the case for almost every game I've written a guide for! :o

Of course this doesn't need to be automatically, just be so that we select which trophy lists we want to apply the guide we post for.

Maybe some other person could do that if the original author doesn't have the other version?

Of course with permision of the author and credits given.

I hadn't tried to do that yet.  I've never written a guide, but it seems like there's quick a bit of formatting that goes into it so I imagine it would be difficult for any person reading the guide to just copy and paste it.  Definitely a good idea though, especially with proper credit given.

Another question to this.. If the same is remastered or updated to the newer console, that sometimes means new content added/etc... that could hurt the guide (possibly)?

I like this idea as well but I might be causes about this since not all games are the same/created equal :D

Maybe some other person could do that if the original author doesn't have the other version?

Of course with permision of the author and credits given.

I hadn't tried to do that yet.  I've never written a guide, but it seems like there's quick a bit of formatting that goes into it so I imagine it would be difficult for any person reading the guide to just copy and paste it.  Definitely a good idea though, especially with proper credit given.

The ideal way to copy a PSNP guide for another version would be to add the original author as a contributor, that way the author can click on the 'Source' button and copy everything. Afterwards go to the new guide, click 'Source' when editing, then paste everything and click 'Source' again to get back to the normal view mode. This way only the linked trophies need to be adjusted and everything else (tables, formatting, text, icons, images, videos, etc.) is exactly the same. 

• Like 3