Anyone else have this problem?

PerryToxteth

So I played through the Gone Home story (yawn) and then decided to attempt the Homerunner trophy, as that seems to be the trophy that is most troublesome for 100%. But in my attempts do speedrun, the secret panel door to the right of the stairs will not open for me. I attempted at least a dozen tries and in the audio, you can hear it creak open but the wall remains unchanged. Yes, i hit X and then moved back for it to open. Yes, i waited until I got the '?' Prompt. It essentially glitched on me.

So, I deleted the game, and reinstalled it. And on my first attempt, whoopee, the secret panel opened! Of course, in my first attempt I wasn't quite fast enough for Homerunner and went to try again. But now, in my subsequent attempts, the damn secret panel door is back to being stuck. There's no way I am going to delete and install this game for each attempt, but has anyone had a similar experience or can recommend a work-around?

for me this just happened when i didn't moved back. Try to delete just the save data. Do u have the last patch downloaded?

It's the digital version offered by PS+ this month so it's the latest version.

You have to press X to open it, and then move back very quickly. And far enough that the door doesn't get interrupted upon opening. Pain in the butt, when you're trying to beat the clock..

It's definitely a glitch. Even in trying to open the door just to do a collectibles run, I can't get it to open. I hit X like any other door in the game to open, and you can hear it creak open, but the wall remains the same. And you can't go forward thru. If you go forward to the wall, it asks you if you want to close panel. So the game thinks it's open, yet it's unpassable.

I have had same problem, only work around for me was deleting and reinstalling game. Didn't get it in second try so just gave up

Sorry it happened to you but at least your troubles confirmed it is occurring to other gamers so I am not completely crazy.

It's definitely a glitch. Even in trying to open the door just to do a collectibles run, I can't get it to open. I hit X like any other door in the game to open, and you can hear it creak open, but the wall remains the same. And you can't go forward thru. If you go forward to the wall, it asks you if you want to close panel. So the game thinks it's open, yet it's unpassable.

Huh. Well, with all the problems the Homerunner trophy gave people, I'm not surprised there's more glitches. That would happen to me, too, and I'd just "close it" and click to open it again. Whether it's where you stand when you open it, how quickly you move away, or just a glitchy door, I can't say. 

It's not a glitch. Deleting the game isn't going to do anything. DamagingRob posted the solution earlier. ALL doors in the game stop opening/closing when you touch them. So you need to not be standing in the way until it opens enough for you to fit through.

Edited by Milktastrophe

Alright, just got the trophy.

After reinstalling and deleting save game data again, the door responded in a different manner than my previous runthoughs. I did the exact same thing as in my earlier attempts but this time the door willingly opened. Attempted the speedrun twice with no luck, went offline, did it once and *pop* went the trophy!!

Huge thanks to DamagingRob for the offline suggestion!! I really thought this trophy wasn't going to happen for me, thanks for all the input and advice PSNP community!

If this happens to future gamers, reinstall and delete game save. Then play offline. Hope that helps.