Petition: Dragon Quest XI for the West

fabmorais_2011

Some of you might have heard that SquareEnix publicly announced during E3 that the petition for localizing and releasing the 3DS remakes for Dragon Quest VII and VIII were part of the decision to finally bring both games to the West. They even mentioned afterwards that if we want more DQ games on the West, we should be vocal about it.

With this in mind, the guy behind Operation Hero created a new petition to bring Dragon Quest XI to the West. I think it's a great ideia to start petitioning as soon as possible, bearing in mind that DQ games generally take years to be localized.

If you're interested, please sign the petition at: https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-11-to-the-west-once-released

Let's bring more DQ joy to the West!!! :)

• Like 1

I wish they would port the 3DS DQ games to vita.....i don't care if it is bad.

DQ XI...petition work like it did for Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Maybe we need to tell them we will back DQ games.

DS ports sold well, not sure why they are hesitant. 

Hopefully XI isn't as bad as IX.

Edited by Kishnabe

Please read the words from Dragon Quest producer Yu Miyake, regarding the localization of DQVII:

What once seemed like an impossible dream has only come true because of the loud demand from fans, as admitted by Miyake himself.

“But with Dragon Quest VII, we were able to bring it over because a lot of fans   were asking for it, sending letters, asking for it to be released and localized.”

Miyake doesn’t stop there though, stating that with Dragon Quest XI coming out in Japan next year, fans might want to let their voices be heard one more time. Hint hint!

“So with the other games I just mentioned, and Dragon Quest XI… If more fans       can voice their opinions on it and we see that people really want the game, there   may be a possibility we’ll be able to make it.”

SOURCE: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/16/dragon-quest-producers-localization/

Not sure why they would need more petitions when those two major titles should be enough to make them aware the West wants all games of that goddamn franchise.

I know, right? But this doesn't seem to enter their thick skulls as they are always saying things like "maybe", "it's a possibility"...

Probably would've signed this had they not required me to put an address down before signing. "Just put a fake one down." If I could do that, why require an address at all? Reminds me of when certain institutions ask for my Social Security Number as a means of identification, and I give them my standard answer: "Why? Are you going to give me Social Security benefits?"

XI is coming west might not be for ps4 but Nintendo wants/has it for the NX so that petition is a waste unless you put ps4 version. Also you can ask all day if you don't buy 7 or 8 then it's GG costs money to bring these games over and you have to take in account SE is not the publisher Nintendo is.

XI is coming west might not be for ps4 but Nintendo wants/has it for the NX

Actually, having done some internet sleuthing myself, XI is coming out in Japan on the 3DS and PS4 sometime in 2017.  The announcement had so little fanfare I had completely forgotten about it but I remember having confusion about the same game being made for those 2 systems.

Also, the only officially announced game for the NX is Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Edited by Bucknerd