Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Looks like around half the people from last time are game for the next installment :) ;

Already picked out my 10 games for the next round, although I haven't loaded most of them up on my profile yet, just in case there's a trophy for booting up a game. Depending on whether the Halloween sale (I expect there to be one) holds anything interesting in store, I might change a few of the games I had set aside for the event.

I can't believe this thread is still going! Good job Hemiak, sorry I only got about a quarter of the way through. When my Sherlock Holmes game disc didn't work I got discouraged xD I wanted to at least be able to play the games. Maybe to make up for it I'll try to finish playing them all and discuss it on here since people are still chatting. I remember we had a couple of issues with other participants having to drop in and out.

Jeez it feels like an eternity since I played the Raven. I loved that game. I remember being really annoyed by PS Now crapping out on me in the middle of the game a couple of times.

SSX finished!  I also only need 46k kills for the Helldivers Plat. That game will probably stay 98% though for now. Trying to hit 75% before November. 

Congrats! Personally I wasn't impressed with Helldivers, I found it too dull and repetitive. When I tried that game, back when it came out on plus, it seemed to have the worst servers i've ever come across. I got disconnected every time, just before finishing one single mission. That game can literally burn in hell :lol: .

SSX finished!  I also only need 46k kills for the Helldivers Plat. That game will probably stay 98% though for now. Trying to hit 75% before November. 

Congrats on the SSX plat!

Forgot to mention it here, but the other day I finished off the plat for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (and the DLC for 100%). That brings my updated list to:

Helldivers (1 trophy left)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow  :platinum:

Ducktales: Remastered (100%)

ICO  :platinum:

Mamorukun Curse!

Demon's Souls

Echochrome

Fallout 3

Gran Turismo 6

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Not sure what I'll play next from my list. Still grinding away at Helldivers and I might start working on Gran Turismo 6 in between some other games I'm playing. Trying to save games like Demon's Souls and Fallout 3 for when I have more time to enjoy and focus on a longer game.

• Like 2

Congrats! Personally I wasn't impressed with Helldivers, I found it too dull and repetitive. When I tried that game, back when it came out on plus, it seemed to have the worst servers i've ever come across. I got disconnected every time, just before finishing one single mission. That game can literally burn in hell :lol: .

It's a bummer that this was your experience. I'm pretty sure they had scaled back the servers due to declining popularity. Then when the game hit plus, the scales back servers couldn't handle the load. I haven't been kicked from the servers ever, though occasionally a host has dropped out. 

I plan on leaving that game on my hard drive indefinitely. If you ever want to get back to it look me up, game is much better with a group of decent players. 

It's a bummer that this was your experience. I'm pretty sure they had scaled back the servers due to declining popularity. Then when the game hit plus, the scales back servers couldn't handle the load. I haven't been kicked from the servers ever, though occasionally a host has dropped out. 

I plan on leaving that game on my hard drive indefinitely. If you ever want to get back to it look me up, game is much better with a group of decent players. 

Thanks for the offer. I played it on the ps4 though, not sure if there's cross platform play. Regardless, it's one of those games that I have close to no interest in getting back to., especially with the size of my backlog.

Thankfully with VR coming out soon, a lot of games will be for that "system", so less games for me to be interested in  and thus more time to dedicate to the games that keep looking at me in disgust, from their shelves :lol: :

Thankfully with VR coming out soon, a lot of games will be for that "system", so less games for me to be interested in  and thus more time to dedicate to the games that keep looking at me in disgust, from their shelves :lol: :

VR coming out does not slow down the number of regular games coming out :) and not all VR games are VR required.

Some cool games on my watchlist that are not VR-required: Fractured But Whole, Horizon Zero Dawn, Moto Racer 4, Thumper, Ace Combat, Skyrim, Ezio...

VR coming out does not slow down the number of regular games coming out :) and not all VR games are VR required.

Some cool games on my watchlist that are not VR-required: Fractured But Whole, Horizon Zero Dawn, Moto Racer 4, Thumper, Ace Combat, Skyrim, Ezio...

Yeah, that might be true, although for the rest of the year I believe the majority of the games coming out will be VR focused. From a business standpoint it makes sense to push the new "thing" on the market. Just next week alone are releasing about 20 games along with the PSVR. Most are not exclusive to VR, but they must have been made with the use of the headset in mind, otherwise what's the point, right? :P Therefore the possibility of a lesser "game experience" doesn't warrant a purchase of any of those titles for me, as I don't plan to buy the headset :).

PS: Haven't all those games you mentioned been pushed to 2017? Except Thumper, which I know comes out next week.

Yeah, that might be true, although for the rest of the year I believe the majority of the games coming out will be VR focused. From a business standpoint it makes sense to push the new "thing" on the market. Just next week alone are releasing about 20 games along with the PSVR. Most are not exclusive to VR, but they must have been made with the use of the headset in mind, otherwise what's the point, right? :P Therefore the possibility of a lesser "game experience" doesn't warrant a purchase of any of those titles for me, as I don't plan to buy the headset :).

PS: Haven't all those games you mentioned been pushed to 2017? Except Thumper, which I know comes out next week.

Just a few non VR game I'm interested in (not only Playstation): Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

They are all games coming out this year plus many more non VR games. On my list there are only 9 PSVR games but many PS4 games.

Just a few non VR game I'm interested in (not only Playstation): Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

They are all games coming out this year plus many more non VR games. On my list there are only 9 PSVR games but many PS4 games.

Yeah ,there are a few potentially good ones scheduled for this year. Kingdom Hearts is only coming out 2017, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or the other also gets pushed to next year. Dragon Quest Builders is out next week though. Either way ...I still have over 400 games in my backlog, which will keep me busy until the end of time xD

• Like 2

There are indeed enough devs in the world to guarantee that there will be many non-VR games still coming.

Of my list, still this year (unless I've missed updates): Thumper, Moto Racer 4, Skyrim and Ezio.

Also VR-compatible games could still be enjoyed without VR, especially racers and flight sims, but also stuff like Thumper or interactive walking fiction like Ethan Carter.

A bunch of upcoming VR compatible games are actually VR updates for games that have already been released. Ethan Carter, Trackmania, Volume...

I somehow like the fact how I'm racking up new games in the last few weeks without having the motivation to play any of them right now. Jotun, Hyper Light Drifter (only thing I played was the Kickstarter backer-exclusive beta on Steam), Driver: San Francisco, Rogue Galaxy, Transformers: Devastation, etc. And there are also some games that are still on the way like Split/Second. I guess it will be hard to choose from the list of Fs.

A bunch of upcoming VR compatible games are actually VR updates for games that have already been released. Ethan Carter, Trackmania, Volume...

Trackmania will get a VR-update? I never really was into that series but I could imagine that it would feel like riding some crazy rollercoasters.

Trackmania will get a VR-update? I never really was into that series but I could imagine that it would feel like riding some crazy rollercoasters.

I thought the game was "mèh" (too hard mostly) but it could be more fun with VR. If the reports are correct then it's not a full VR conversion but rather an extra set of 40 tracks for VR, and it should be a free update.

I thought the game was "mèh" (too hard mostly) but it could be more fun with VR. If the reports are correct then it's not a full VR conversion but rather an extra set of 40 tracks for VR, and it should be a free update.

Only thing I played was the beta and realized that I didn't like the gameplay but like you said it could be more fun with VR. And if the reports are true it's nice to see that even some big publishers add such content for free.

Are people still excited to start next month or would a later date be better?

Fractured Butthole has been delayed so I have no big games coming out in November. I might be doing less full on like I did before since I have a SNES (etc) event as well and I have VR, but one hour a day should be doable.

Earned the Helldivers Plat Sunday night... 9 hrs after Stalker. :highfive:

Also completed your first run of Dragons Dogma, just need to do a quick 2nd run and get my remaining quests done. I should be able to finish everything up before November.

Also, I bought three new games in sales over the last three weeks and it's thrown my list into complete disarray.

I need to take another hard look before confirming which games will make the cut.

Congrats on yet another plat!

I'm good to go next month, although I might face a similar problem with possible new purchases (tomorrow should start the Halloween sale on the EU ps store :lol: )

November is still fine for me. But similar to Billy I'm in a retro-event (and was so dumb to choose two JRPGs...) so the time I put into this event might be not as much as last time.

Also, I bought three new games in sales over the last three weeks and it's thrown my list into complete disarray.

I need to take another hard look before confirming which games will make the cut.

Three games? How modest. :D

BTW: Will you reuse this thread (similar to Dragon with his Rain Day) or will you start a new one?

Edited by Crimson Idol

Three games? How modest. :DBTW: Will you reuse this thread (similar to Dragon with his Rain Day) or will you start a new one?

Well,. I did just buy a 4th. :(

I'll start a whole new thread for the next installment. Just to make it a little easier to navigate. I'll also post the link here when it goes live.

I bought way too many games since the last installment. Maybe about 10? Maybe about 15? :dunno:

If anybody wants to help me decide on my games for next month, you can take a look at my games here :

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/41761-hems-everything-but-a-trophy-checklist/

Post suggestions in either place and I'll see them.

From your unstarted games I would suggest Assassins Creed 2, Brothers, Unmechanical Extended and Prototype 2,

And if you have a PS4 by now definitely Rocket League.

• Like 1

If anybody wants to help me decide on my games for next month, you can take a look at my games here :

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/41761-hems-everything-but-a-trophy-checklist/

Post suggestions in either place and I'll see them.

Assuming you're only rocking the ps3. I'd suggest the following games:

• Assassin's Creed 2 - My favourite AC (after Syndicate)
  • Brothers - Maybe for a time when you ain't got much time to play, as it's an incredibly short game
  • Any God of War game - They're all good. The first one has aged a bit, it's still solid though
  • Infamous 2 - It's good, but personally my least favourite one
  • Murdered Soul Suspect - I loved this one. It's not action-packed, but has a good story, setting and a few interesting mechanics.
  • South Park The Stick of Truth - Fun game, the usual references that are to be expected, Some of the combat mechanics felt a tad falwed to me, but it's a solid game nonetheless
  • Far Cry Blood Dragon - Really good game, Even though it has the same somewhat tedious "claim all outposts"  Ubisoft syndrome, the rest feels like a breath of fresh air
  • Deadly Premonition - This one is love or hate. Old school survival horror,, with dated graphics and shit controls. I like it, a lot of other people didn't
  • I Am Alive - Another survival game, that I find to be extremely underrated  Controls may seem a tad iffy at first, but it's simple once you realise that you're supposed to take one action at a time.
  • Prototype 2 - Gameplay is similar to the first one,. found it to be a lot of fun

This one I'd advise against (yeah, I know it has no trophies anyway).

• Siren Blood Curse - I was looking forward to this one, when it came out on plus. Utter disappointment. The controls and camera are a nightmare, like it's common in these older horror games. The voice and sound syncing is what killed it for me though. Only played the first 2 episodes I think, until I decided to uninstall it.

PS: Some of those Vita games on your list aren't playable anymore due to server shutdowns. One of the Montezuma's might still work, but can't be 100% anymore

• Destiny of Spirits
  • Treasure of Montezuma Blitz / Arena

Also l"Little Deviants" is literally the shit.

• Like 1