Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

My girlfriend already said that I should do this every now and then. :blink:

My wife thought it was good that instead of buying new games, I was trying out stuff I already had. She thought it was awesome when she heard which year-long event I'd do next...

It's perfect to combine with another event like this, by the way. That just means that I'll save the unplayed PS+ games I know nothing about for that month :-)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

My wife thought it was good that instead of buying new games, I was trying out stuff I already had. She thought it was awesome when she heard which year-long event I'd do next...

It's perfect to combine with another event like this, by the way. That just means that I'll save the unplayed PS+ games I know nothing about for that month :-)

Such an event wouldn't work for me. There's too much goodness that will release in the next few months that I already have preordered (currently counting 7 games and there might be another one or two added). And on top of that are various Kickstarter-rewards that may come this year, one being the recent release of Hyper Light Drifter. 

The only thing I try to accomplish is to finish more games than buying new ones (Kickstarter excluded as I never know when they might release). And this works more or less good so far. Including preorders I'm at 35 games I bought and 31 I finished. :D

Such an event wouldn't work for me. There's too much goodness that will release in the next few months that I already have preordered (currently counting 7 games and there might be another one or two added). And on top of that are various Kickstarter-rewards that may come this year, one being the recent release of Hyper Light Drifter. 

The only thing I try to accomplish is to finish more games than buying new ones (Kickstarter excluded as I never know when they might release). And this works more or less good so far. Including preorders I'm at 35 games I bought and 31 I finished. :D

Well, if it works for you, it works for you.

I have already pre-ordered 3 games (No Man's Sky, Fractured Butthole, Horizon Zero Dawn) but I discussed in the thread (and the owner agreed) that they don't count since I pre-ordered them long before starting the event. The three games I can buy next to this are probably VR games. I'll probably end up with a shame list as well but I'm going to try to buy as little as possible. Last year I got my backlog down so this next year I want to focus on keeping it down and working on my PS+ backlog as well. This event should help me focus on that.

So this is the moment I finally find out there's a cap on likes... Anyways good going everybody!

Completion Percentage Killed: -4.8% (Did I win?)

I think winning in this event also means having updated on every single day (or the most, at least) but if I recall correctly you're one of the few who managed that as well!

Here, have some virtual cake!

13.jpg

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 4

I think my backlog didn't decrease at all. I bought so many game during this event that I even might have a bigger backlog now than befor -_-

And thanks to Hemiak for starting such an event. If it wasn't for you I maybe never would have started some of the games I played especially Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

If somebody is interested: I played some more Deadpool and only need to finish the last level for the story. Next is grinding and than a second playthrough on the hardest difficulty. Last are the challanges and that should be the first completed game after this event.

• Like 3

Just wanted to share that I went back and got the  :platinum: for ICO. Man, that speedrun was stressful and a pain at times. Worried I was cutting it close but I finally got it with a finishing time around 1:50. That's 2 games completed from the event, so just 8 more to go.  :)

• Like 4

We had 8/11 articipants follow through. They played all 10 of their games and gave at least one update on each. I can't tll you all how much I appreciate your contributions to making this thread (in my own opnion) successful. I honestly didn't think we'd get this much participation and enthusiasm. It has been awesome listening to everyone's opinions and experiences, and I'm glad I got to met several new people.

[...]

I'll be updating the OP with a few of your stats for fun.

A huge thank you goes out to the people who followed along and offered advice or opinions.

I will most likely try to run another of these, but it probably won't happen until October or November. The thing pretty much runs itself, and I'm way to lazy to do statistics and real time tracking, so I'll probably raise/remove the cap on participants. There's also no reason people couldn't join again if they're interested.

[...]

Thanks again,

Hem

Thanks to you, too. It was a nice idea you came up with as it was a nice way to get the motivation to finally start some of those games that dwelled in my backlog for several years.

And I would say that October or November are good choices. I would say that November would be the better of those two as some might have a PS VR by then. Those people would be able to add VR-games to their list, which could be an interesting read.

Edited by Crimson Idol

I would say that October or November are good choices. I would say that November would be the better of those two as some might have a PS VR by then. Those people would be able to add VR-games to their list, which could be an interesting read.

Since PS VR arrives in October, I highly doubt that people would let many VR games sit in their backlog for a month, only to play them for three games and then turn to something else.

On the other hand, I also think November will be the better choice because of VR because when it releases, everybody who gets it wants to game with it, not be forced to play backlog games.

Also, unrelated to VR, November instead of October means a month more of PS+ to refill the backlog.

Gamess which I have put on my shortlist for round 2:

Furi

Rebel Galaxy

Tricky Towers

Ultratron

Doodle Collection (counting as a single game)

Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood

Retro/Grade

Since PS VR arrives in October, I highly doubt that people would let many VR games sit in their backlog for a month, only to play them for three games and then turn to something else.

On the other hand, I also think November will be the better choice because of VR because when it releases, everybody who gets it wants to game with it, not be forced to play backlog games.

I shouldn't reflect my own gaming habit onto others. :D

I'm one of those typical "buy now, play later" persons so I thought this might happen to one or another in regards to PS VR.

Funny to see that you already think about a list of possible games.

I shouldn't reflect my own gaming habit onto others. :D

I'm one of those typical "buy now, play later" persons so I thought this might happen to one or another in regards to PS VR.

Funny to see that you already think about a list of possible games.

Well I can do that as well (hence my entry in that "don't buy anything" event), I just mean that there's so little VR games at the start that the likelihood of someone with VR already having a VR backlog is small, and even a smaller chance of that person participating in the event. Frankly, I don't even know if any of you guys are planning on getting VR... If it's been mentioned in the thread then I forgot again.

I kind of have to think about possible games since I don't have that much left that I know nothing about and have not started yet... A year and a half ago I did a dive, obtaining one trophy in everything in my backlog, so many PS+ games I actually don't know anything about yet are on there as well.