Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One

The Godfather II

Tales From the Borderlands

Ratchet and Clank Q force

Bully

If only i had no job. Coulda won  :P

• Like 1

I'm not going to platinum Until Dawn in time, I was hoping to complete it but got to 88% and I have to go feed a cat and dog sit. It became pretty clear to me about the middle of the month that I wasn't going to get the chance for much gaming when my work load started ramping up. Still I didn't play to win and I'm pleased to have completed some games, congratulations to who ever wins! :)

If only i had no job. Coulda won  :P

Same here: working full time, family/kids, parents in town visiting, etc... all equal not enough time for gaming.

I did a similar contest to this back in January, and I had much more free time coming off the holidays, light workload, no parents visiting (lol), so I was able to get 13 plats and won it, but 2nd place was close on my heels with 11.  I should finish Jak and Daxter today, giving me 10, so I definitely fell short compared to that last competition.  Not having any telltale games to play hurt me :P

• Like 1

I just finished Jak and Daxter.

It was a pretty fun game for the first 2/3 or so, but it got extremely repetitive really fast, which wasn't that bad until the last few levels which I just hated the design of.  Not only did they feel more empty and rushed than prior levels, but the quests just didn't flow.  It's like Naughty Dog ran out of time and just decided to finish the last few levels as quickly as possible to get the game out.  For instance, in prior levels the level design itself facilitated the route to gather most if not all flies, orbs, and cells.  In the last few levels I found myself consulting the trophy guide constantly to figure out what to do, something I didn't do once before that.  However, even with that said and taking into account the repetitive nature of the gameplay, it was still an enjoyable game.  I find a lot of these PS2 remasters (many I never played when they originally came out) are very hit or miss.  I'll say this one was pretty good in comparison to some that I've played, a solid title, but not my favorite.  In comparison, I like the Sly Cooper (especially 2 and 3) and R&C titles much more, and would highly recommend them.  I may like Jak 2 and 3 better, so I'll have to wait and play those before I judge the entire series.

Just so everyone knows there's still 4 and a half hours left in the competition as of this posting. Well 4 hours and 24 minutes to be exact. In case anyone wants to sneak in some more plats before the official end. I know some people aren't in the same time zone or even country so it might be tomorrow for some people but they still have time in my part of the world lol I'll update either tonight (if I remember) or tomorrow if I forget. Or the day after that if I get real forgetful xD.

inFamous and First Light are officially platinumed. That's 11 platinums for this event and 14 for the month. I could've pressed to make it 12 and 15 but I went for epic progress in Guitar Hero 5 today rather than starting and finishing Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear. I may still start it in a few minutes, but it won't be platinumed before midnight.

Thanks for hosting the event Maddawgmax, and thanks to everyone who participated. I'm undecided on playing in future events like this but it's always fun to read up on what everyone is playing and what they think of it.

I'm here I'll update the final statistics here in the next few days and check the lists for the winners. I appreciate all the participation and it was a lot of fun even if stupid Sherlock Holmes breaking kept me from being competitive later on lol.

I'll probably do the awards around mid-August or so depends on how my next paycheck looks haha.

Preliminary congrats to Andrea and Matto!

• Like 3

I'm here I'll update the final statistics here in the next few days and check the lists for the winners. I appreciate all the participation and it was a lot of fun even if stupid Sherlock Holmes breaking kept me from being competitive later on lol.

I'll probably do the awards around mid-August or so depends on how my next paycheck looks haha.

Preliminary congrats to Andrea and Matto!

No rush, sounds good.

Do you know if you'll be doing a similar event to this one in the future?

I might try to get the prizes out soon, if this paycheck I'll easily be able to do it two weeks from yesterday because that's the big payday lol It would have been today except I had to get brakes and tires and an oil change. xD

Edited by Maddawgmax

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got money to pay for the gift cards (Live and learn not doing a competition without having the prizes beforehand next time) I got them yesterday got to do all my checking and such and I'll be giving them out shortly. As punishment I haven't really been on the boards since not having money to get my own prizes lol.

Hey better to have got than to have never gotten at all right? xD 

I can gain just a little bit of my honor back now.