July Backlog Completion Race

Thank you for throwing something like this together, maddawg!  It seems like a good enough reason to try and kick some PS Plus games out of my backlog, so count me in.  I'm only going to be trying to get four completed, as I'm taking some summer courses and need to keep focused on them.  After I complete a game, I'll come edit this post and leave a little review of it!

L8b4842.png

Transistor: 12%

L652796.png

The Wolf Among Us: 100% (July 2, 2016) 40-platinum.png

A very good murder-mystery type of story from the people over at Telltale.  I loved the way the authors used popular fables and based a great story full of unpredictable plot twists.  I found myself more interested in this story over their others, such as Tales from the Borderlands and The Walking Dead.  I'd say this game is a must-play for anyone who is a fan of murder-mysteries, especially if you like the point-and-click style of gameplay offered by Telltale Games.

L1ab094.png

Super Time Force Ultra: 3%

L0a3af5.png

Lemmings Touch: 100% (July 22, 2016) 40-platinum.png

A very fun puzzle game utilizing the vita's touch screen.  There is zero story, and the gameplay is what made me continue to play this game.  The platinum would be ridiculously difficult without video guides to aid you through the around 100 levels.

Edited by Ayzic
  • Like 1

Oops, looks like my Duck Dynasty (GAG) platinum won't count. I waited til after midnight here to start but didn't see your post indicating it would be US EST. That's not going to stop me though  :devil: 

Good luck to all!

Oops, looks like my Duck Dynasty (GAG) platinum won't count. I waited til after midnight here to start but didn't see your post indicating it would be US EST. That's not going to stop me though  :devil:

Good luck to all!

Haha Duck Dynasty so it's that easy? I said I would always platinum that game once I got it cheap enough.

Games I'm planning on completing so far:

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS3) July 3rd - Completed 100% :platinum:

Sly 2 (PS3)
Life Is Strange (PS4) July 10th - Completed 100% :platinum:
Grim Fandango (PS4)

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4) July 20th - Completed 100% :platinum:
Until Dawn

I will add more games as I go. :)

Edited by Dark_Into_Light
  • Like 1

Haha Duck Dynasty so it's that easy? I said I would always platinum that game once I got it cheap enough.

It's one of the easiest and shortest games I've played, it will work out to be even shorter than a Telltale game as it only took me about 4 hours to get 28/34 trophies, and I estimate the remaining trophies will take less than 3 more hours.

Of course, the drawback is that it is absolutely atrocious and features some of the worst audio I've ever heard in a game, plus the boat racing is really sluggish and hard to get a grasp on, but it's certainly not a game that will give anyone trouble.

Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves (10%)

Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves (0%)

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (7%)

Jak II (0%)

Jak 3 (0%)

Day 1 Progress:

Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves (43%)
Sly Cooper 3: Honor Among Thieves (0%)
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (7%)
Jak II (0%)

Jak 3 (0%)

I'm almost at the end of the fourth chapter of Sly 2. I'm enjoying it more than Sly 1 but not as much as Thieves in Time, although I do appreciate that it came a long way from Sly 1.
  • Like 1

So I'm in. I decided to work on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and re:Chain of Memories for July at the least so I can get all the plats before Pokemon Sun and Moon come out. (I'm at 41% in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and 36% in Birth by Sleep Final Mix.) I also started a thread for people who want to help each other in platinuming the Kingdom Hearts games. :)

• Like 1

Oh I broke my on rule. Forgot to update. So I'm doing the ruin your completion event where we have to play a new game every three days. My goal is to actually complete them all in three days, but it's unlikely. But I did finish my first game, the very (deceptively) easy Terminator Salvation. Don't anyone ever play this game ever. It's so bad. The only reedemable part of it is that it has an afternoon platinum.

Edited by Maddawgmax
  • Like 1

Day 2

I'm done playing for the day and I'm at 58% on Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and should hopefully complete it tomorrow. I could have completed it today but my Brother wanted my help on the Division and I'm a good Sister :lol:. Will be moving on to Sly 2 and Table Top Racing: World Tour next I think.

Oh my god... just checked this thread again and saw some changes of the rules... mostly the percentage of any game is just 25% now? :(

About the others like Plat and DLC necessary i don't give a damn because i planned that mostly for the Summer Backlog Challenge anyways :D

Let's see which games i can add now :S

Crysis 3: now 28% (25% on 1st july :D )

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2: 17%

Infamous: 23%

Not much left looking after these new rules :(

I think i'll only finish the first game of this list, considering the short amount of time.... and that i play 4 other games not eligible too :D

Oh my god... just checked this thread again and saw some changes of the rules... mostly the percentage of any game is just 25% now? :(

About the others like Plat and DLC necessary i don't give a damn because i planned that mostly for the Summer Backlog Challenge anyways :D

Let's see which games i can add now :S

Crysis 3: now 28% (25% on 1st july :D )

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2: 17%

Infamous: 23%

Not much left looking after these new rules :(

I think i'll only finish the first game of this list, considering the short amount of time.... and that i play 4 other games not eligible too :D

Yeah since I came up with the idea in such a short amount of time, I decided to just keep it simple on top of it being my first event. Feel free to buy and old games to add to the backlog or some of those on sale for the PSN sale the week.

Although it doesn't count since it was already over 25% I'm glad to have finished Far Cry Primal. It was a good game, loved hunting mammoths and stuff like that. Would love to see more games set during older time periods like that.

Anyways, now I can get on to games that will actually count. Still working on Jak & Daxter HD (which I've already done on an old profile, that's not an issue right?) and starting Borderlands as well now.

First platinum: Sly 2: Band of Thieves.

I'd rate the game a 7/10. I enjoyed it for the most part, especially how it did away with the linear platforming of the first game in favor of the series standard hub worlds, but it did drag on for too long at some points, and there were a few AWFUL vehicle segments (especially the Murray tank sections...).

Yeah since I came up with the idea in such a short amount of time, I decided to just keep it simple on top of it being my first event. Feel free to buy and old games to add to the backlog or some of those on sale for the PSN sale the week.

I understand your decisions, that's why i'm staying despite having so few games to compete with :)

But as i am also a participant in the financial backlog year challenge i won't be buying anything for the near future :PxD