July Backlog Completion Race

I played the Raven and some other games on PS Now a while back, and I totally agree.  On the Raven specifically, PS Now hitched really badly and I missed a choice right before a save point and had to restart one of the chapters from scratch :/  It was a decent game though, but once the twist was revealed about 2/3 of the way through, they really didn't need to repeat some of the same scenes from the other 'perspective'.  I also didn't know it was the same devs as Unwritten Tales 2, I have that game! lol, maybe I'll play it this month.

I would say it's better. They actually make some pretty long adventure games. I used guides so I can enjoy the story and not pull my hair out and they are still 12+ hours long. Unwritten Tales was really long if I remember right. Check the guide if you are going for the platinum. I can't remember exactly what it was but I screwed a part up and had to go through an hour of the same stuff I think 3 whole times before I got it right. Something about giving items to a character at the wrong time and you can't get it back.

Just finished Until Dawn.

-was at 25% completed on july 1st.

Pretty good game, i enjoyed it quite a bit. Not like other games like that(i'm looking at you Beyond Two Souls), the controls work just fine.

In the meanwhile i've plat Unchartered Drake's Fortune as well but i'm defenitly not speedrunning in a fat suit that game to get de 100% completion. Lol

Next platinum: Tearaway

Edited by SannyAbygail
  • Like 1

Just finished Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear :P

What can I say about this game... well, it's good for an easy plat.  I'm not a huge fan of shooters, as I like to slow-play my games where possible (I'm more of a 'snipe from afar' type than those that like 'fast acting, i pwned you' type of combat), and an on-rails shooter literally goes in the opposite direction of what I enjoy.  But this game was like 88 cents and I figured it'd come in handy some day.

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

I have been pretty darn busy the last few days so I haven't had the chance to game much but:

Life Is Strange :platinum: 100%

I friggin' loved this game! The story, the characters, the graphics, the atmosphere etc. I felt a real attachment to the characters and got fully absorbed into their world.

Murdered: Soul Suspect has been completed.  I enjoyed the game.  It was an interesting story and playing a ghost was different.  It could have been called 'Collectible Manager - 2014: Ghost Edition', but compared to most games I've played with collectibles, this one really wasn't bad at all (despite there being 242 alone, not counting the collectibles not considered collectibles that are tied to side quests, in which there are nearly 200 more).  I also haven't played it before, took my time, watched every cutscene, screwed up a couple times and had to start over from the last checkpoint, slept through the night, and experienced 1 crash that lost an hour of playtime and a strange bug that forced me to restart an investigation which lost another half hour and I still got the plat in under 24 hours, so if you're looking for a quick one, this is it.

My Progress:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 100%

Bully 100%

inFamous 30% (17/50)

I've been bogged down by open world games this week, not the kind of games you want to be playing in a platinum race but so be it. I really enjoyed Bully, though I'm kind of shocked that the platinum is 30% attained. Not that it's difficult, it's not, but there is a LOT of grinding that goes into getting it. It's actually one of my most common platinums which I never would have suspected given it's a 17-25 (18 hours 35 minutes for me) hour platinum.

As for inFamous, I'm just about done cleaning up my good playthrough. After I'm done with that, I'll start on hard evil a few days later. I'm planning on starting God of War: Ghost of Sparta and possibly another game or two this weekend.

Edited by Superunknown9281

Had Zero Escape Virtue at 25...but went for 2 trophies on June 30th..marking it up to 28. Should have been more patient.

Right now got Tokyo Twilight...started at 0% on July 1st....now at 65%.

Hopefully will get 1-2 games done for this event.

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

inFamous 53% (30/50)

My third platinum of the month (that counts for this race anyways) was critically panned and completely unheralded, but I actually enjoyed it. Perhaps it's because I've been working on a guide in conjunction with it, having a trophy list that is very attainable and pretty much perfect for writing a guide without tearing your hair out. Perhaps it's because it reminded me of the old-school Hitman and Splinter Cell games, though somehow with much worse AI and arguably only slightly better graphics. It has charm to it, and I only encountered one or two crashes and no impactful glitches otherwise.

It's a solid rental title if you want something you can knock out over a weekend.

Finished a few more games.

Sound Shapes (Vita) & Sound Shapes (PS3)

I had never played this before, and heard horror stories of how hard and frustrating Death Mode was... but it wasn't.  I give the game as a whole a 2 or 3 out of 10, with Death Mode being the only challenging thing, and it really wasn't that bad.  I never once got frustrated, and only a couple levels took me more than a handful of tries (some I got first try).  Granted, luck is involved to some degree, but so is skill, and once you get a rhythm, skill trumps luck.  Also, I'm absolutely terrible at games like this, so if I can do it in 6 hours while partially distracted by other things, then I'm sure anyone could if they put their mind to it.

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

I haven't played any prior Matt Hazard games, but it's basically a less crude Duke Nukem, who's self aware (that he's a video game character), and every possible video game trope is inserted for comedic purposes.  Getting the plat made the game worse than it should have been, as the highest difficulty is pretty tedious, but as a casual once through on the easiest setting, this game would be a lot of fun.  It's really stupid, but it knows that and doesn't take itself seriously.  Even the trophy list trolls itself as there's an MP trophy, despite it being an SP only game, that you get for beating the game, just cuz, lol.

Not much of an update, but I'm almost finished with LEGO The Hobbit. There were so many glitches and freezes that slowed me down. There's one particular level where I have to collect 8 barrels and one of them no matter in which direction I shoot, I'm unable to hit it. I'm sure I'll be able to find a solution either today or tomorrow and will hopefully have a plat then.

With 2 weeks left, I'm hoping to plat 2 games.

Just finished Goat Simulator.

Hilariously stupid game.  The Flapmaster trophy was really frustrating, but it didn't take me much more than an hour, so it wasn't too bad, I guess.  The rest of the trophy list was pretty fun and straight forward.  As far as mechanics, the game is pretty 'meh', but considering it's a low budget sim that makes fun of other sims, it's fine.  It's also a really short plat (my time was around 5 hours).  All things considered, it was an enjoyable game.

Plat #1: LEGO The Hobbit. So many collectibles, glitches and freezes. Had to save some of my games to my PC, just in case. I have another LEGO game, which counts for this competiton, but I don't think I'll be able to do another one so soon.

Anyway, next game is Persona 4 Dancing All Night! Can't wait!! :)

• Like 1

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan 100%

inFamous 53% (30/50)

Finished this game in about 4 hours, it's a really silly game if you're up for a laugh. Horrendous production values and voice acting, unrealistic character movement, it really does have it all. Not very difficult either though one of the mounted gun segments caused me a couple restarts on playthrough 2. My time to finish also easily surpassed Duck Dynasty as my fastest platinum, and I mean it's still a little embarrassing to have as the fastest but no where near as embarrassing as DD :P

Edited by Andrea

Okay I've updated everything. I've been off the site for a couple of days and I completely screwed myself in the Kill Your Completion challenge. Sherlock Holmes game broke on me and I couldn't even play the game, which ultimately got me not wanting to do anything on top of my friends dragging me back into playing Destiny which is about all I've done since the Holmes games didn't work. I did actually order another copy of the game for twice what I paid my company (GameStop) for it, because for whatever reasons I can't order more than one copy of a game because they are paranoid that I will try to make a profit off of my 15% discount. So I'll probably play that game here soon.

so

I actually platinumed Monster High: New Ghoul in School lol. We saw this game on the shelf at work and my boss knows I'm a trophy hunter I told him if I could get it cheap enough that I would play it and 100% and I ended up actually doing it lol. Oddly enough I had some fun with it. I guess I was just needing a break from the same old games.

Matto Isi did you plan out those trophy Milestones of yours? lol That has to be the best collection I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Matto Isi did you plan out those trophy Milestones of yours? lol That has to be the best collection I've ever seen.

For the most part I did.  I got the first one ('Hooker' in GoW) by accident and then decided to roll with it. :)  I also play a lot of games made by immature devs (obviously)

One question, I didn't notice it listed anywhere, but do cross-save plats count?  I have a Vita and PS3, so while I played Sound Shapes on Vita, I used the cross-save feature to unlock the second trophy list on PS3.  Does this count as 1 or 2 plats?

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

Plat #1: LEGO The Hobbit. So many collectibles, glitches and freezes. Had to save some of my games to my PC, just in case. I have another LEGO game, which counts for this competiton, but I don't think I'll be able to do another one so soon.

Anyway, next game is Persona 4 Dancing All Night! Can't wait!! :)

Okay I've updated everything. I've been off the site for a couple of days and I completely screwed myself in the Kill Your Completion challenge. Sherlock Holmes game broke on me and I couldn't even play the game, which ultimately got me not wanting to do anything on top of my friends dragging me back into playing Destiny which is about all I've done since the Holmes games didn't work. I did actually order another copy of the game for twice what I paid my company (GameStop) for it, because for whatever reasons I can't order more than one copy of a game because they are paranoid that I will try to make a profit off of my 15% discount. So I'll probably play that game here soon.

so

I actually platinumed Monster High: New Ghoul in School lol. We saw this game on the shelf at work and my boss knows I'm a trophy hunter I told him if I could get it cheap enough that I would play it and 100% and I ended up actually doing it lol. Oddly enough I had some fun with it. I guess I was just needing a break from the same old games.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that with my 1 plat, it was actually LEGO The Hobbit not Jurassic Park. Asvinia platted Jurassic.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

Okay...I guess I'll post again.

Well, I'm trying to plat 2 games at the same time: Persona 4 Dancing All Night and Color Guardians. For the most part it's going well, P4DAN requires me to grind the songs for money to buy items, clothes, and accessories. I don't mind that, but I'm going to have to "git gud" for a few of the songs on Hard difficulty. I haven't looked into it too much though. I think I can buy some items to help me with the difficulty and earn some Persona money.

For Color Guardians it's just a matter of clearing the game and not dying. I also have to do this for the last boss AND clear the boss level with the 4 characters. I want to plat both games within a week and maybe another before the month, but it might not happen. If I can clear both in 10 days, then I'll be happy.

How's everyone else doing? Not much time left.

• Like 1