July Backlog Completion Race

Oh crap! I totally forgot to come here and update my progress.

Plat #2: Color Guardians

Plat #3: Persona 4 Dancing All Night - I'm not sure if this one counts, since I bought it in the Big in Japan EU sale, which started 29 June. I bought it a bit later though.

• Like 1

I just finished Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

It was a pretty decent adventure game.  I found a guide to be a necessity pretty early on, but I found the humor to be to my liking, and the story was interesting enough.  The ending was a little abrupt and I was annoyed at how it was resolved (or lack there of), so perhaps there will be a Book of Unwritten Tales 3 in the future.

• Like 1

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 100%

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan 100%

Until Dawn 100%

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus 100%

inFamous 53% (30/50)

My fifth game for this event was a really nice interactive drama style game. High production value and enjoyable trophies, but I was a little annoyed at how the characters who could die were essentially written out of the story if they didn't. It's a lot like how a character who could die based on a decision in a Telltale game almost always ends up dying later on no matter what, but a bit less harder to justify for me because it's not an episodic title.

My sixth game was the first Ratchet and Clank game I've played in probably 10 years. I don't remember much about the old ones except that I enjoyed them (and fully intend to play them again,) but I really liked this one though it was a bit lean on content and story and a bit heavy on pointless grinding to get the platinum. Looking forward to playing more of these.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 1

1st 100% - Borderlands http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/190-Borderlands/Kapika96

Seems I'm lagging behind a bit but I finally got my first 100% of the month that actually counts. I love Borderlands, it was great fun to play but those DLC trophies... Getting the platinum wasn't too difficult and was plenty of fun. But then came the collecty, grindy and way too time consuming DLC trophies. So glad they're over and done with now. Stupid Claptrap collectibles :P

• Like 1

Finished The Darkness 2.

Not a huge fan of this type of game, but I heard the original was great, and I got this one really cheap in a sale a while back and just never got around to it.  I thought the cel-shaded graphics were unnecessary, but the game itself was pretty good.  Don difficulty was a lot harder than advertised in the trophy guide (though not as bad as it could have been).  The story was really engaging, which was a surprise for an FPS (though the first game was not a traditional FPS, so that kinda explains it).  The overall length of the game was short in comparison to what we typically expect as gamers these days, but the game really didn't suffer for it.  The pacing was good and the plot points weren't grabbed out, and the story telling was direct.  It was a nice change of pace compared to all the needless filler most games have.  Also, there were only 29 collectibles in the game and they were more or less crit path, but best of all they directed aided your characters development.  They also helped work towards some other trophies.  That was nice to see too as most games collectibles are numerous and completely pointless, only really existing to extend the length of mediocre games.  All in all this game was fun, but like I said, I'm not really into the horror/demonic genre anymore.

• Like 1

Curse you Matto! I am hot on your trail but haven't managed to knot it up yet. Will be an interesting final week for sure.

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Until Dawn 100%

Ether One 100%

inFamous 61% (34/50)

I do sort of enjoy walking simulators from my time on Steam, and I've played a fair few of them in my day. Ether One really didn't do much for me though. The setting was nice and I appreciate any trophy list that doesn't have a single bronze, but it was a bit too difficult to decipher for my tastes, and also quite glitchy - I thought my save had been corrupted with about 20% of the game remaining because it took nearly 8 minutes to load the final zone.

• Like 1

Platinum Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters ( 0-> 100  July 4-25).

Slog, could have finished 10 days earlier but took a nice break from trophy hunting.

1 Platinum so far. 

Saving some easy juicy plats for the team comp.

Hopefully will get these done by July 31st:

Wrecked at 43%

Corpse Party 0%

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 3

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Until Dawn 100%

Ether One 100%

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 100%

God of War: Ghost of Sparta 100%

inFamous 61% (34/50)

Survival Instinct was definitely a guilty pleasure sort of game for me. Surprisingly not as rubbish as many people have said (though far from a good game, of course) with a modest attempt at some RNG and survival stuff. Of course, I may be a bit biased because all of the glitchy and luck based trophies popped without much of an issue for me :)

God of War is one of the franchises that has made me happy to be doing PS. It's a very nifty little series, and I am really enjoying the spinoffs as quick platinums with some challenging moments and fun interpretations of Greek mythology. I only restarted a total of 2 times on the Challenge of the Gods for this one, after spending about 2 hours getting through all of them in the original God of War, so that was nice.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 2

Hey look who returned from the dead. If you want to blame someone for my absence blame Sherlock Holmes, my Testament game broke thereby making me depressed about my kill your completion list getting screwed up making me not want to play much of anything whilst simultaneously getting dragged back into Destiny where I spend a ton of time the past few weeks with my friends therefore not getting many trophies because I have long since 100% that game (except for the new raid hard trophy which I quickly finally got).

Top 3

Superunknown9281 (9) 

Matty Isi (8)

MattyH16 (5)

Updated top three it's a close race for number one while an early surge has kept Matty in the top three. Why do I keep expecting him to have done a ton of Ps3 games but just hasn't synced his trophies yet so he can sneak a victory lol

• Like 2

For the most part I did.  I got the first one ('Hooker' in GoW) by accident and then decided to roll with it. :)  I also play a lot of games made by immature devs (obviously)

One question, I didn't notice it listed anywhere, but do cross-save plats count?  I have a Vita and PS3, so while I played Sound Shapes on Vita, I used the cross-save feature to unlock the second trophy list on PS3.  Does this count as 1 or 2 plats?

Oh yeah I saw this, but forgot to talk about it. I actually despise cross-save platinums. Moreso than I despise platinuming the same game twice on different generations, but at least when you do that you've actually gone through and completed a game again.

However since I didn't think about it or mention it I will do this. I will count it as a tie-breaker. Since you are running really close with unknown if you end up tying then the cross-save Sound Shapes platinum will be your tie-breaker.

• Like 1

Top 3

Superunknown9281 (9) 

Matty Isi (8)

MattyH16 (5)

Updated top three it's a close race for number one while an early surge has kept Matty in the top three. Why do I keep expecting him to have done a ton of Ps3 games but just hasn't synced his trophies yet so he can sneak a victory lol

Hehehe...just you wait and see!!!

• Like 1

Hehehe...just you wait and see!!!

I am definitely worried :unsure: It will suck to put all this effort in and burn games that could be used in the Team league in a futile effort here. I do plan on popping all my remaining platinums in the 7PM-Midnight EST time frame (after that league starts) Sunday so it will count double, but still.

On the other hand I've seen your posts elsewhere and know you've synced your PS3 as recently as 2 days ago, so I'm wondering if this isn't just a ruse :P

• Like 2

I am definitely worried :unsure: It will suck to put all this effort in and burn games that could be used in the Team league in a futile effort here. I do plan on popping all my remaining platinums in the 7PM-Midnight EST time frame (after that league starts) Sunday so it will count double, but still.

On the other hand I've seen your posts elsewhere and know you've synced your PS3 as recently as 2 days ago, so I'm wondering if this isn't just a ruse :P

Shhhhhhhhhhhh lol!  :lol:

• Like 1

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Until Dawn 100%

Ether One 100%

inFamous 96% (48/50) - Ready to Platinum

inFamous First Light 44% (14/25)

I'll be finishing my last few games at the end of the event (call it a mini Platinum Rain Day,) but I figure I will update as I prepare them so that it's not a surprise when I drop 3-4 platinums at once 4 hours before the end  B)

inFamous was a great game, and it's telling that even with the annoying grind trophies + the notorious shard collectibles I still enjoyed almost all of the journey. For the shards I collected them as each area opened up, only starting after clearing out all of the enemies via the sidequests because it's very annoying trying to collect them while being shot at and blown up. Use a map and go block by block and it's not so bad. As a side note I didn't figure out that recharging electricity healed you until almost the very end of my first run xD That made things a lot easier! I was getting very sick of having to hide for 15 seconds so my health would come back. I have enough xp for my final upgrade but left it undone, it will take literally 2 minutes for me to finish it off :)

I'm really enjoying First Light so far too. It only took me about 3 hours to beat the entire story with all collectibles. For players who want a relatively easy and very quick platinum it looks to be something a whole lot more fun and respectable than terrible movie tie-ins and kid's games.

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 2

Plat #5: Amnesia: Memories. And I believe that will be the last platinum I'll be able to get this month. Played loads of my easier games this month, which I should save, but it's out of my backlog so that must count for something!

I would really like something like this but maybe for longer? There's already the Summer challenge, and maybe there'll be one for the Fall. I probably won't go for that one 'cause I think your rules on which games can be completed are more lenient, which I like.

Bully 100%

Alekhine's Gun 100%

Until Dawn 100%

Ether One 100%

inFamous 96% (48/50) - Ready to Platinum

inFamous First Light 91% (23/25) - Ready to Platinum

First Light was such an enjoyable experience, I almost wish it was a bit longer. All told I couldn't have spent more than 6 hours on it, but it had such a cool style and some really fun powers, definitely has me excited about playing Second Son next month. A great game for these kinds of events because you get all the easiness and quickness of something awful like Duck Dynasty, but in a package that is actually fun and satisfying. As with inFamous, all I need for the First Light platinum is to invest my final skill point and it's game over.

I finished Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (plus DLC, so it's 100%).

I gotta say I was really disappointed in this game.  The story was really short and just not that good.  The game claims to have 9 levels, but of those 9, 1 of them is a 15 second platforming section with no chance of dying, a couple collectibles, and a 3 minute cutscene waiting for you at the end, and 7 of the other 8 are really just multiple parts of 3 levels.  So there's really only 4 discrete levels in the game.  The Endor DLC was also super short (20-30 mins on Easy).  This wouldn't have been so bad, but as much as I liked the main character in Being Human, his voice acting was downright terrible in this game... actually, everyone but Vader and Yoda's were terrible.  So short story, bad VO, mediocre plotline... yeah, a very generous 'meh'.  I was really hoping for more from this one.  It's one shining light was the force powers and cool gameplay mechanics associated with them.  So all in all a very average game that I'd only recommend you pick up for cheap (like I did, it was $4 with the DLC), or if you absolutely love everything Star Wars.

Also, I'll take this chance to congratulate Andrea.  I have now caught up to you, but with your 2 or more platinums in the bag, I will not be able to keep up over the weekend.  So unless MattyH has like 15 plats ready to pop, you'll probably be winning this thing, so congrats!

• Like 1

I finished Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (plus DLC, so it's 100%).

I gotta say I was really disappointed in this game.  The story was really short and just not that good.  The game claims to have 9 levels, but of those 9, 1 of them is a 15 second platforming section with no chance of dying, a couple collectibles, and a 3 minute cutscene waiting for you at the end, and 7 of the other 8 are really just multiple parts of 3 levels.  So there's really only 4 discrete levels in the game.  The Endor DLC was also super short (20-30 mins on Easy).  This wouldn't have been so bad, but as much as I liked the main character in Being Human, his voice acting was downright terrible in this game... actually, everyone but Vader and Yoda's were terrible.  So short story, bad VO, mediocre plotline... yeah, a very generous 'meh'.  I was really hoping for more from this one.  It's one shining light was the force powers and cool gameplay mechanics associated with them.  So all in all a very average game that I'd only recommend you pick up for cheap (like I did, it was $4 with the DLC), or if you absolutely love everything Star Wars.

Also, I'll take this chance to congratulate Andrea.  I have now caught up to you, but with your 2 or more platinums in the bag, I will not be able to keep up over the weekend.  So unless MattyH has like 15 plats ready to pop, you'll probably be winning this thing, so congrats!

Thank you! You definitely gave me a great run for my money, I had to go deep into the backlog to catch up and I wasn't sure I was going to make it as of about a week ago. Now to anxiously await updates from MattyH (and potentially anonymous players who drop out of the blue on the final day of the event with 20 platinums after posting 0 updates this entire time) to see where I end up. I do have a third platinum I'll probably prepare for Sunday night, Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear, but that's just about all I have in my bag for this fixture.

Also, I agree 100% about TFUII. I think I bought it on the same sale you did and I definitely used to love Star Wars (still haven't seen EP VII though :P) and I still felt like I was overpaying a bit. The gameplay was decent but wow that story and that acting, those short and repetitive levels, not to mention the fact that a random never before seen Force User is more powerful than all characters in the films, possibly combined. Such a shame that it's one of the few Star Wars games with trophies, and one of an even smaller list of Star Wars games with platinums. 

First of all, I would want to thank maddawgmax for having they event because you encouraged me to get rid of games from my backlog. I have not given an update because I was very busy the beginning of the month. Then when I got my first platinum someone already had 5. I decided the only way to win was to stay silent and update at the end. Now I see the race has got out of control where some of you have about 10 platinums. That's too much for me so I admit defeat.

1. Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando All 35 Trophies

July 5th 2016 (Completed in 7 months, 1 week)

This is a nice adventure game. Has a good story with different environments in each level. No missable trophies which could get cleared at the end. If you played the 1st one then expect more of the same for #2.

2. Apotheon All 31 Trophies July 17th 2016 (Completed in 1 year, 4 months)

Didn't like the game at first because of the slow combat. Then I realized it's a game like Guacamelee meets God of War. A 2d side scroller where you have keeping upgrading powers to defeat Zeus. You go around collecting powers n weapons whiling fighting many different bosses to collect powerups.

3. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD All 37 Trophies

July 22nd 2016 (Completed in 1 year, 1 month)

Never played any of the oddworld games before. I remember seeming oddworld for ps1 a side scroller. This game is a 3d action adventure with a great story based on a bounty hunter trying to make money for surgery. The game is very funny because the main character and the environment. Really is a hidden gem on ps3 and vita.

4. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection All 35 Trophies

July 23rd 2016 (Completed in 1 year, 2 weeks)

If your an old school gamer that grew up playing with a Genesis then your love reliving childhood memories with about 20 classics. Sonic and Streets of rage 2 where some of my favorites. Most of the games are coop so could easily platinum the game with a friend. Just hate trophies weren't harder like beating some of the games to get some trophies.

5. Virtue's Last Reward All 33 Trophies

July 26th 2016 (Completed in 1 year, 7 months)

I never want to play a game like this again. This game is based on puzzle n story. Only gameplay is figuring out these tough puzzles that don't make any sense based on clicking the environment and collecting things to combine them with others. If you have trouble falling asleep then this game will do the job. I fell asleep so many times listening to the characters yap away at some bullshit. I love games that are relaxing n based on reflexes where not much thinking is involved. People recommend you have a notebook and a calculator while you play this game. Not my cup of tea.

• Like 1