Take it to the max - useful tip

DarkAnimaa

So as you have seen on the topic title, I don't know if this was common but I remember some people stated that selling your upgraded weapons on the ps3 ver will not unlock the trophy for you and there has been a lot of reports about that, luckily the ps4 ver isn't the same, i had one of my upgraded weapons sold by accident and I thought that now i have to upgrade it again, but the trophy popped up even though I didn't upgrade it so i wanted to confirm this and i asked 3 of my friends to do the same thing, some of them sold 6 weapons and got the trophy so yeah it worked :)

Just to make sure nothing bad happens upload your save data to the cloud or a usb I don't take any responsibility for what happens after that, just wanted to share this info to those who doesn't know it.

Good luck! :3

• Like 3

So as you have seen on the topic title, I don't know if this was common but I remember some people stated that selling your upgraded weapons on the ps3 ver will not unlock the trophy for you and there has been a lot of reports about that, luckily the ps4 ver isn't the same, i had one of my upgraded weapons sold by accident and I thought that now i have to upgrade it again, but the trophy popped up even though I didn't upgrade it so i wanted to confirm this and i asked 3 of my friends to do the same thing, some of them sold 6 weapons and got the trophy so yeah it worked :)

Just to make sure nothing bad happens upload your save data to the cloud or a usb I don't take any responsibility for what happens after that, just wanted to share this info to those who doesn't know it.

Good luck! :3

Thank you for the tip! might be useful for my playthrough :)

Although useful for others and a fast way to earn the trophy, I don't find this to be a good idea. Why sell your weapons, more so your upgraded ones? You will need them for playthroughs to come. I personally think this is a bad idea. Not to mention, there are many shortcuts to earning money easily so another reason to not bother with this. Definitely useful so thank you for the tip! I'm sure a lot of people will be using it, personally not one for me though. 

Although useful for others and a fast way to earn the trophy, I don't find this to be a good idea. Why sell your weapons, more so your upgraded ones? You will need them for playthroughs to come. I personally think this is a bad idea. Not to mention, there are many shortcuts to earning money easily so another reason to not bother with this. Definitely useful so thank you for the tip! I'm sure a lot of people will be using it, personally not one for me though.

Welp most ppl use this after they've finished everything but if you really wanted to keep your weapons you could always use the rotten egg duplication method which takes 15 mins to upgrade all weapons:3

Welp most ppl use this after they've finished everything but if you really wanted to keep your weapons you could always use the rotten egg duplication method which takes 15 mins to upgrade all weapons:3

Yeah as I said this will definitely still be useful to most people, but for people like me that are going to be playing this game long after 100% it's not worth it. Lol yeah, another useful shortcut. Actually does that work on PS4? I wouldn't be surprised if it did. It seems like most of the expolits from PS3 are working on this remaster. The 1080p/60fps is definitely an improvement but Capcom have completely failed to kill problems the original had. Doesn't matter, I'm enjoying every second of it. I'm actually playing 3 playthroughs at once! Haha. Anyway I've gone off topic. Thank you for this method, I will let others know. 

So you upgrade a weapon, sell it, upgrade the next weapon and so forth and that's enough? This will probably be patched once I've reached that stage but it sounds nice.

It won't be patched, don't even worry about it. Capcom literally give no sh*ts about this exploit or the other million in this game for that matter. If they did they would have fixed it 5 years ago, when it was a contemporary issue. They could have at least fixed it with this remaster yet all of the PS3 exploits still work with this remaster. Don't sweat bro. 

• Like 1

It doesn't work all of the time. I tried this yesterday and the trophy did not pop. I had to quit RE 5 so i wouldn't lose all of the pts spent upgrading weapons. I did however sold the gatling gun and longbow and still got the trophy since those weapons are not required for the Take It To The Max trophy.

• Like 2

It doesn't work all of the time. I tried this yesterday and the trophy did not pop. I had to quit RE 5 so i wouldn't lose all of the pts spent upgrading weapons. I did however sold the gatling gun and longbow and still got the trophy since those weapons are not required for the Take It To The Max trophy.

That is worrisome. This trophy has always been a nightmare for me on RE5. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear that, looks like they patched it :(

I'm kinda confused why would they patch something like this while leaving other more important things like eggs duplications

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 9/15/2016 at 4:41 AM, DarkAnimaa said:

Sorry to hear that, looks like they patched it :(

I'm kinda confused why would they patch something like this while leaving other more important things like eggs duplications

This method still works as of 10/12/20.

I was dreading grinding 220k for 3 gun upgrades so I sold all the ones I did already, then upgraded last 3, trophy popped then platinum, and I homescreened the hell outa there!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/02/2021 at 0:53 PM, HaserPL said:

Does anyone know if you actually need to be the one upgrading the weapons? I was given all the weapons by my friend, got the trophy for having all of them, but not the one for having them upgraded (which they are). Have no idea what to do now lol.

From memory I think you do. You can get the weapons from friends no problems , but I’m confident you need to be the one to upgrade them. You can get infinite weapons from your friends and sell them to speed up the process, but you’ll need to get the weapons pre-upgraded from particular missions.

I think you can find a method for that where they give all weapons and quit the game or something like that, rinse and repeat. 

Hope it works out for you.

4 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

From memory I think you do. You can get the weapons from friends no problems , but I’m confident you need to be the one to upgrade them. You can get infinite weapons from your friends and sell them to speed up the process, but you’ll need to get the weapons pre-upgraded from particular missions.

I think you can find a method for that where they give all weapons and quit the game or something like that, rinse and repeat. 

Hope it works out for you.

The problem has been solved, I needed to upgrade one weapon and the trophy popped.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...