Signature Battle IV [RESULTS!]

DEMON

Signature Battle IV  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Pro entry:

2. 2. Vote for your favorite Novice entry:

Congrats to the winners :yay:.

I'd like some CnC about my sig, please.

Hey that's my corner, go find your own. Shoo, shoo kicked1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625.

Dragon, don't be mean, let me not remind you of last month. :P The corner is for everyone who needs it.

Overall, I thought your signature wasn't bad this time.  The FX was good and I liked the green glows you added.  The only things I will point out is that the red on the sword is a bit distracting compared to the rest of your signature.. maybe that's down to the character though.. I don't honestly know since I'm not a fan of One Piece (since can clearly see I had a hard time with this theme - I didn't like my own signature much).  And that the text could have used better placement, remember text always looks better if you place it near/on the render, corner is kind of a no-no for text in signatures.  It's good to see improvement though which was evident here in your signature. :) KIU!

• Like 1

At least I got one vote, it's better than zero...  :|  I thought mine looked pretty good too... until I seen everyone else's. xD

Same here, I thought for sure my sig would place in the top 3 ... and then I saw the other sigs :facepalm:. At least I didn't get 0 votes, so there's some improvement.

Dragon, don't be mean, let me not remind you of last month. :P The corner is for everyone who needs it.

Overall, I thought your signature wasn't bad this time.  The FX was good and I liked the green glows you added.  The only things I will point out is that the red on the sword is a bit distracting compared to the rest of your signature.. maybe that's down to the character though.. I don't honestly know since I'm not a fan of One Piece (since can clearly see I had a hard time with this theme - I didn't like my own signature much).  And that the text could have used better placement, remember text always looks better if you place it near/on the render, corner is kind of a no-no for text in signatures.  It's good to see improvement though which was evident here in your signature. :) KIU!

The corner isn't meant for people from the top 3, but fine, I'll share. Let's get emo together   :emo: .

Thanks for the feedback Demon :D. It's a shame the red sword was so distracting, I spent most of the time working on it. I haven't watched any One Piece either, so I know nothing about the characters :lol:. The text is a fail on my part, I cut off some parts of the sig before resizing it and forgot to adjust it :facepalm:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Same here, I thought for sure my sig would place in the top 3 ... and then I saw the other sigs :facepalm:. At least I didn't get 0 votes, so there's some improvement.

The corner isn't meant for people from the top 3, but fine, I'll share. Let's get emo together   :emo: .

Thanks for the feedback Demon :D. It's a shame the red sword was so distracting, I spent most of the time working on it. I haven't watched any One Piece either, so I know nothing about the characters :lol:. The text is a fail on my part, I cut off some parts of the sig before resizing it and forgot to adjust it :facepalm:.

Do you not keep the PSD file? Or do you merge layers? Keep all your layers and then that way if you make a mistake like that again, it won't take too much effort to restore it all.

Btw RaveN what's the name of the font you used to write "PSNProfiles"? I really like it.

Do you not keep the PSD file? Or do you merge layers? Keep all your layers and then that way if you make a mistake like that again, it won't take too much effort to restore it all.

Yeah I still have the .xcf file, but I noticed it when the sigs went up in the thread :shakefist:. At least I'll remember it the next time.

If you're interested, here's the sig before the cutting and scaling:

nftpehX.png

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Btw RaveN what's the name of the font you used to write "PSNProfiles"? I really like it.

Yeah I still have the .xcf file, but I noticed it when the sigs went up in the thread :shakefist:. At least I'll remember it the next time.

If you're interested, here's the sig before the cutting and scaling:

nftpehX.png

I actually like the non-cutted version more. If anything, you should have just sized it down. That or start working at the size you want the final outcome to be. I know lots prefer to work big and size down once they are done; but not me, I always work at the size you see my signatures. Just a recommendation.

• Like 1

I actually like the non-cutted version more. If anything, you should have just sized it down. That or start working at the size you want the final outcome to be. I know lots prefer to work big and size down once they are done; but not me, I always work at the size you see my signatures. Just a recommendation.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I thought it would look weird if Zoro's legs were missing, it's why I cut a few parts off. Oh, and the red colour somehow didn't reach all the way to the right side  :| .

• Like 1

That or start working at the size you want the final outcome to be. I know lots prefer to work big and size down once they are done; but not me, I always work at the size you see my signatures. Just a recommendation.

I do the same thing, I actually prefer working on littler things (it seems easier), & that way I know exactly how it'll look once it's done.

• Like 1

I'll take any CnC that anyone's willing to give. This was my first attempt at a vertical sig, so I was surprised I got so many votes xD

I don't honestly know since I'm not a fan of One Piece (since can clearly see I had a hard time with this theme - I didn't like my own signature much).

I thought the burning paper effect in your sig was supposed to be a reference to his Vivre Card, but I guess it was coincidence.

• Like 1

I'll take any CnC that anyone's willing to give. This was my first attempt at a vertical sig, so I was surprised I got so many votes xD

I thought the burning paper effect in your sig was supposed to be a reference to his Vivre Card, but I guess it was coincidence.

Yep, just a crazy coincidence, I was going for a ripped pirate map look.  Like I said, I have no idea of One Piece, I even had to make sure it was actually an anime about pirates.. that's just how clueless I was about it.  Maybe that's why mines got so many votes that I didn't expect. xD

Vertical signatures tend to do well in contests, you were winning at one point or were in a three way tie for 1st Place (which you know, we can't accept 3 1st Places, so that had to change :P).

Overall, I think your signature was good.  It was maybe a little oversaturated, so I would say to be careful of that in the future as oversaturation can most of the time, ruin a signature's look.

• Like 1

Yay a win finally :D When was the last time I even won lol all I can remember is constant second place :lol:

It is called Vermin Vibes 4 Helium

• Like 2

Yay a win finally :D When was the last time I even won lol all I can remember is constant second place :lol:

It is called Vermin Vibes 4 Helium

Looking at the SOTM thread, it was way back in XVIII League of Legends theme.. and we're on XXXII now so that was quite some time ago.

Congrats to Raven & Behemoth !

Signature Battle will now be scheduled so that there is a weekend during the submission period.  Which means the next Signature Battle will start on the 29th of July.

Sweet, that means I won't have to miss out on the August battle like I originally thought :)

Edited by Yami
  • Like 1

I would like CnC for my sig, could you also tell me in which aspects I'm lacking?

Your signature wasn't bad.  The FX was very good and all, but you didn't make it look like the character was actually part of it.  There was no lighting so the background didn't relate to the character at all.  There was light sources all over the render you could have used.  The main light source was the one that was obviously hitting the character from the north-west.  Then there was also a light source directly behind the character.  Getting your light sources right in signatures is very important.  If your light sources were right, you would have been very close to getting my vote, as I did like the signature but felt you concentrated way too much on the FX.  The text placement is okay, but I think it should have been a little bit noticable than that as it was really hidden, while I say in my tutorial for text that blending it is good, there's a limit in how much you should blend it, if anything it could have benefited using a different color.  Overall, it's good work, it's a lot better than your last signatures entered into Battle, so there is improvement being made, you just have to work on those things I have mentioned.

• Like 1

Your signature wasn't bad.  The FX was very good and all, but you didn't make it look like the character was actually part of it.  There was no lighting so the background didn't relate to the character at all.  There was light sources all over the render you could have used.  The main light source was the one that was obviously hitting the character from the north-west.  Then there was also a light source directly behind the character.  Getting your light sources right in signatures is very important.  If your light sources were right, you would have been very close to getting my vote, as I did like the signature but felt you concentrated way too much on the FX.  The text placement is okay, but I think it should have been a little bit noticable than that as it was really hidden, while I say in my tutorial for text that blending it is good, there's a limit in how much you should blend it, if anything it could have benefited using a different color.  Overall, it's good work, it's a lot better than your last signatures entered into Battle, so there is improvement being made, you just have to work on those things I have mentioned.

I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks, DEMON. 

• Like 1

Pro: Number 2, Novice: Number 3.

Sorry, you were a bit late for voting this time so those votes won't count and I'm not sure if you voted for the signatures that actually were those entry numbers (as the order changes once results are up).

On 7/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, DEMON said:

Sorry, you were a bit late for voting this time so those votes won't count and I'm not sure if you voted for the signatures that actually were those entry numbers (as the order changes once results are up).

Oh! okay sorry about that but I look forward to the next signature voting pole and is this a one time a month type of event?

Edited by Shaowsintzu
  • Like 1