Heartless Hunters: Let's Finish Kingdom Hearts (The Series)

Well I guess I would fit into the legendary "all 4 plats" category if you would allow it :P

But actually I still hate the fact that I basically cheesed all optional bosses on Easy and with the biggest possible exploits in 2.5... because I really lost my patience after a while.

Don't feel too bad about that - I did all the BBS optional bosses on Beginner mode too and am doing all the optional bosses in KH2FM on Beginner, even though Data Axel and Data Demyx are still grinding my gears. :angry: Sometimes you just have to cheat if you get to the point where you can't handle it anymore. Better than just giving up and rage quitting.

If you guys want, I can create a "Already Got Everything" category and people who have already entered the thread with all four plats can be put in it. I can't give a certificate though, that wouldn't be right to give someone a plaque when they've completed all four games 100% before I started the thread. But I can add you too a special hall of fame. ;)

Not much progress over here. I promise I'll finish the proud mode in Kingdom Hearts by next week though. -_-

As for your question I'd say that Sora would definitely he would use a Klefki. I mean Klefki is literally a keyring and Sora uses the keyblade. :lol: I really need to read the fanfic now. Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon are two of my favorite game series and both of them in a fanfic together sounds amazing! Good luck writing it!

Well yeah, I mean the Key Pokemon is obvious, but I'd like to hear some other opinions. If I get enough likes for the story, I will work on it when I can. I've already started writing out some chapters. I was inspired by some other fanfic authors who replaced all Disney properties with Nintendo properties.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I'd like people who are participants in the thread to let me know if anything major is happening in their Kingdom Hearts journies. Just because the release of 2.8 has been pushed back a month is no reason to Slakoth.

With that pun, I'd like to ask you people a question which I might put in a fanfiction of mine. You'll get credit of course.

If Sora were to visit the world of the Pokemon anime, what Pokemon would you like to see him train?

It's just as you said, I'm slacking off even after getting the platinum in God Eater: Resurrection: I'm currently playing Dark Souls 3 to prepare for the upcoming DLC. Maybe I'll go back to Birth by Sleep once my character is prepared or after the DLC.

A Magikarp that can't evolve.

:lol:

EDIT: Working on Ventus Critical now - I've finished Dwarf Woodlands and am now in Castle of Dreams. Grinding with Ventus is much harder as Dwarf Woodlands in Ventus's story has weak Unversed. :(

On a more serious note, would you say anything goes for Sora's Pokemon (such as legendary Pokemon or other strong ones or would that be a balancing issue)? As someone who played a lot of Pokemon (started with Blue, stopped with ORAS and never finished AS), it'd be no problem to suggest some (probably my favorite ones).

I don't know your writing style as far as stories are concerned, let's just say I'm not not interested. I wouldn't mind reading a few chapters, but ultimately, you'd have to convince me to read everything.

And what does Slakoth mean? I know it's a pun on slack off, but I've never heard it before.

And keep it up, there's not much left for the platinum! At this point, I don't want to see myself getting the platinum before you do. You're already almost done while I still need to fight all optional bosses.

Edited by viech54

If Sora were to visit the world of the Pokemon anime, what Pokemon would you like to see him train?

There's no deadline, but I'm curious to know. I know Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon are from two different companies which will never meet, but that doesn't stop a lot of crossover fanfiction and I am writing up a retelling of Kingdom Hearts 1 using various video game franchises instead of Disney worlds and Pokemon will be one of the worlds. As said, this is clearly fanfic so it isn't canon, but I'd love to speculate Sora and Ash teaming up to fight off the Heartless.

With a name like Sora (which means "air"), I'd say a wind/flying pokemon like Pidgeot (or a flying/dragon type like Latios :ninja: ).

As for your question I'd say that Sora would definitely he would use a Klefki. I mean Klefki is literally a keyring and Sora uses the keyblade. :lol:

Lol, good one :lol:.

I'd like people who are participants in the thread to let me know if anything major is happening in their Kingdom Hearts journies. Just because the release of 2.8 has been pushed back a month is no reason to Slakoth.

With that pun, I'd like to ask you people a question which I might put in a fanfiction of mine. You'll get credit of course.

There's no deadline, but I'm curious to know. I know Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon are from two different companies which will never meet, but that doesn't stop a lot of crossover fanfiction and I am writing up a retelling of Kingdom Hearts 1 using various video game franchises instead of Disney worlds and Pokemon will be one of the worlds. As said, this is clearly fanfic so it isn't canon, but I'd love to speculate Sora and Ash teaming up to fight off the Heartless.

In real worlds, I am going to start my Ventus Critical Run soon. Here's to hopefully getting the platinum for BBS before October 4!

Hm, what pokemon...

Well since changing forms seems to be a theme I would say Eevee/Eievui.  Each form would have a differevent Eeveelution.

As for my progress, well haven't made any since my last update

• Like 1

Hm, what pokemon...

Well since changing forms seems to be a theme I would say Eevee/Eievui.  Each form would have a differevent Eeveelution.

I like this idea the most. So what would the transformations be:

• attack form - Flareon
  • wisdom form - vaporeon
  • master form - jolteon
  • anti-form - umbreon
  • final form - espeon? that fairy form from XY? :dunno:
  • KH1 form - leafeon? glaceon? :dunno:

It would be funny if this was a special eevee that changes his form depending on Sora's transformation and also reverts back to eevee.

On a more serious note, would you say anything goes for Sora's Pokemon (such as legendary Pokemon or other strong ones or would that be a balancing issue)? As someone who played a lot of Pokemon (started with Blue, stopped with ORAS and never finished AS), it'd be no problem to suggest some (probably my favorite ones).

I don't know your writing style as far as stories are concerned, let's just say I'm not not interested. I wouldn't mind reading a few chapters, but ultimately, you'd have to convince me to read everything.

And what does Slakoth mean? I know it's a pun on slack off, but I've never heard it before.

And keep it up, there's not much left for the platinum! At this point, I don't want to see myself getting the platinum before you do. You're already almost done while I still need to fight all optional bosses.

You've played with ORAS and don't know what a Slakoth is? It's a sloth Pokemon. ^_^

As for allowing Legendaries, well, the situation I have for that fanfic I mentioned is that a bunch of wild Pokemon are being attacked by Heartless so I doubt large Pokemon like Dragonite or Lugia would qualify. Also, I wouldn't mind one of the small legendaries like Diancie, but that Pokemon is going to be traveling with Sora through the series so I don't think most Legendary Pokemon would work as most of them have backstories relating to protecting the planet.

This isn't a race, I said to go at your own pace, though I am sure the optional bosses will give you a lot of time-sink, they are so tough! Good luck on them! I'm not very good at keeping my own promises - I was supposed to be playing Ventus all day and even woke up early to play it... then I got distracted by a computer game for six hours. :(

Well since changing forms seems to be a theme

I said nothing about changing forms in my message. The Drive Forms will not be important at all as the Pokemon will meet Ash in the first Kingdom Hearts story, before Drive Forms were created. I do like the idea of an Eevee though.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Update: Just finished off Ventus Critical Mode. I died six times to the second phase of Final Vanitas, his stupid D-link thing was @$$. :angry:

Other than that and one stupid fight with Mandrakes in the Twister Valley which ganged up on me with their spinny blades of death, I didn't die once in this mode. I ground out four hours to get four Thunder Surges, two Fire Surges and two Curagas and just go with that. Probably will go with that for Aqua too, maybe throwi in a Time Splicer. I'm planning out her route so that she can speed through and survive the Final and Secret Episode and get me that final trophy. I will platinum this game before the end of the week!

Also, the game froze again after I beat the final boss in Ventus's story, so I had to reboot the game and fight the final boss again. I think my disc is protesting me skipping cutscenes. :(

I'll be starting my final character run in BBS, Aqua Critical, tonight. She is last because she has to do the Final and Secret Episodes too, which are very tough, so I need to figure out whether to follow the Level 1 Critical Aqua and pound my head against it or just level normally. The EXP Zero ability has a hidden ability that lets Aqua's Spellweaver wreck face, but I don't think I can stay Level 1 for the Final and Secret Episodes. Also, Vanitas kicked Aqua's @$$ in Indian Camp last time I played it so I am a bit worried, though now I think I can stop his cheesy actions by Thunder Surging his @$$.

Either way, I'll try to do as much as I can - I may pull an all-nighter so I can just get the platinum by tomorrow morning. Succeed or fail, I'll let you know if I get the Platinum tomorrow and avoid it being the first Platinum of October. Wish me luck! ^_^

Well, this is not fun. I knew Aqua Critical would be the hardest yet since Aqua's defense sucks donkey dung, but the Hareraisers are the bane of my existence! I got a Game Over SEVEN TIMES due to them sniping me with multi-hit attacks! And worse, every time Aqua dies, you have to Continue and you lose all your experience you gained. So I have to snipe from the Chateau. Castle of Dreams - WORST WORLD EVAR! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :devil:

Worse, I am not getting a single crystal drop. I only got the Fleeting Crystal from a chest and then a lucky Hungry Crystal drop so I have one Magic Haste and one Treasure Magnet and that's it. I may have to do a ton of Command Boards to level up my skills, but my luck there is bad too - Aqua lost all of the games, with Terra winning one and Ventus winning two due to dumb luck.

The light at the end of the tunnel is pretty far, so please, anyone, if you can give me moral support so I can get this finished before October, that would be nice. -_-

I'll be starting my final character run in BBS, Aqua Critical, tonight. She is last because she has to do the Final and Secret Episodes too, which are very tough, so I need to figure out whether to follow the Level 1 Critical Aqua and pound my head against it or just level normally. The EXP Zero ability has a hidden ability that lets Aqua's Spellweaver wreck face, but I don't think I can stay Level 1 for the Final and Secret Episodes. Also, Vanitas kicked Aqua's @$$ in Indian Camp last time I played it so I am a bit worried, though now I think I can stop his cheesy actions by Thunder Surging his @$$.

Either way, I'll try to do as much as I can - I may pull an all-nighter so I can just get the platinum by tomorrow morning. Succeed or fail, I'll let you know if I get the Platinum tomorrow and avoid it being the first Platinum of October. Wish me luck! ^_^

I will give you some advice on the Secret Episode with Aqua. Magnega and Thundaga. You won't even be touched by any of the regular enemies.

I will give you some advice on the Secret Episode with Aqua. Magnega and Thundaga. You won't even be touched by any of the regular enemies.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Luckily, two hours later, the salt has abated; I was able to reach Level 11 and now the Hareraisers are not killing me with their combos and I got a few abilities, Stopra(from two Slows - you get a Slow skill in a chest and can unlock Slow in the Moogle shop) and Thundaga with two Thunder Boosts, so now it one-shot everything. I'll spend as much time as I can grinding up abilities and then get to the next world to get the Fire and Cure spells to fuse up Firewheel and Renewal Barrier. ^_^

I know that it's weird to triple-post but...

I HAVE GOTTEN FIREWHEEL. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Now every enemy is charred into ashes while Aqua dodges their attacks. Meaning I no longer have to spam commands to do damage and now my command grinding will go MUCH faster. And it took eight hours to get everything. (I would have gotten Firewheel as soon as I got to the chest with Fire in it and unlocked the command in the Moogle shop, but I was busy getting some abilities unlocked; I needed Second Chance, Once More and Leaf Bracer first.)

All I need to do now is max out all the abilities like Fire Boost, all the Screens, and some HP Prize Plus, fuse together Time Splicer, and then I should be able to breeze through the rest of Aqua's story. See ya! :wave:

EDIT: Just completed the first ring of worlds and entering Radiant Garden as of this post.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Getting into Neverland now. Aqua Critical Neverland was the roadblock that cost me my last attempt at this difficulty, due to Vanitas being a b****. Wish me luck!

Starting the final battles with Aqua Critical now. I don't think I can speed through the Secret Episode in 15 minutes, but I'll do my best. The Platinum is in sight! I'll post here when I get the Platinum. ^_^

Edited by DetectiveCJ

It is done.

1L6da1d7.png

My first ever Kingdom Hearts platinum, obtained at October 1st, 4 minutes from 1 AM.

I kept getting slaughtered by Braig and Venitas but realized that (a) TIme Splicer does crap against bosses and ( B) Firaga Burst doesn't grant you invincibility frames. But I got through fine after using the same strat on Venitas as I did with Vanitas Remnant(namely spamming mines)... and the PS3 froze again so I had to redo the battles again. :(

Then came the Final Episode, and as expected, a Level 36 Aqua against Critical Mode Terra-Xehanort was no joke. In beginner mode, I didn't have any trouble with him. In Critical, that was a whole new can of worms and Aqua was defeated twice in the first phase, but Thunder Surges and Seeker Mines cleared up things nicely.

Then came the Secret Episode... It wasn't too hard. I'd like to thank evilartifact for his advice - Thundaga and Magnega made the Heartless easy to hunt. The Red-Eyed Beast was pretty tough, though I only died twice against him and spammed Thunder Surge and Seeker Mine while curing in between.

My PS3 clock read 1:05 AM when the trophy popped, but it's probably a bit too fast. Nevertheless, I finally got the first Kingdom Hearts platinum. Now onto Kingdom Hearts Final Mix... save me from the gummi missions. :facepalm:

PS: I had taken a shot with my phone but for some reason I can't e-mail anything from my phone, it gives me an error.

EDIT: I also called out the wrong person about the help I got for the Secret Episode. Fixed it, sorry!

EDIT 2: In my time on Dragon Quest games, I completely forgot that I had not put in the time I had gotten the platinum. :facepalm:

Edited by DetectiveCJ

It is done.

1L6da1d7.png

My first ever Kingdom Hearts platinum, obtained at

I kept getting slaughtered by Braig and Venitas but realized that (a) TIme Splicer does crap against bosses and ( B) Firaga Burst doesn't grant you invincibility frames. But I got through fine after using the same strat on Venitas as I did with Vanitas Remnant(namely spamming mines)... and the PS3 froze again so I had to redo the battles again. :(

Then came the Final Episode, and as expected, a Level 36 Aqua against Critical Mode Terra-Xehanort was no joke. In beginner mode, I didn't have any trouble with him. In Critical, that was a whole new can of worms and Aqua was defeated twice in the first phase, but Thunder Surges and Seeker Mines cleared up things nicely.

Then came the Secret Episode... It wasn't too hard. I'd like to thank Samis-16 for his advice - Thundaga and Magnega made the Heartless easy to hunt. The Red-Eyed Beast was pretty tough, though I only died twice against him and spammed Thunder Surge and Seeker Mine while curing in between.

My PS3 clock read 1:05 AM when the trophy popped, but it's probably a bit too fast. Nevertheless, I finally got the first Kingdom Hearts platinum. Now onto Kingdom Hearts Final Mix... save me from the gummi missions. :facepalm:

PS: I had taken a shot with my phone but for some reason I can't e-mail anything from my phone, it gives me an error.

Congrats CJ :yay:  :dance:  :yay:! In my opinion you've completed one of the hardest KH plats (besides re:Com). Hearing your horror stories from your Critical mode playthrough and secret bosses I'm a little worried to work on BBS. Your plat reminds me though that I should go start working on KH:Final Mix now because I've only played it for about an hour this week. :( Good luck on KH:Final Mix!

It is done.

1L6da1d7.png

My first ever Kingdom Hearts platinum, obtained at

Then came the Secret Episode... It wasn't too hard. I'd like to thank Samis-16 for his advice - Thundaga and Magnega made the Heartless easy to hunt. The Red-Eyed Beast was pretty tough, though I only died twice against him and spammed Thunder Surge and Seeker Mine while curing in between.

Congrats, that's one of the hardest KH platinums! I also just wanted to point out you called me Samis-16 lol.  :P  But I am glad my advice worked out for you!

Congrats CJ :yay:  :dance:  :yay:! In my opinion you've completed one of the hardest KH plats (besides re:Com). Hearing your horror stories from your Critical mode playthrough and secret bosses I'm a little worried to work on BBS. Your plat reminds me though that I should go start working on KH:Final Mix now because I've only played it for about an hour this week. :( Good luck on KH:Final Mix!

Thanks for the support, and don't worry too much about the secret bosses - whenever I died to a boss, I just clicked Retry until the guy surrendered out of exasperation. :awesome: J/K, but I'm sure you'll do well. ;)

Congrats, that's one of the hardest KH platinums! I also just wanted to point out you called me Samis-16 lol.  :P  But I am glad my advice worked out for you!

Sorry, I apologize. I'll edit that post.

As of now, I am taking the weekend off to relax, catch a movie(I'm going with my mom to see The Magificent Seven) and then going to some other games - Dragon Quest Builders is coming out for Vita and I want to be there. But I will plan on doing some of the harder trophies in KHFM soon.

It is done.

1L6da1d7.png

Congratulation on getting the platinum in BbS! Sounds like the bosses gave you a hard time, but good job beating them! :).

I should really go back to playing the game as well, getting the platinum shouldn't take longer than one weekend. I'm confident I can make some time this month. If I'm not distracted by other games, that is. *cough* Dark Souls 3 DLC *cough* Skyrim on PS4 *cough* My bad, seems like I'm catching a cold. Better stay away from me :P

Sorry, I apologize. I'll edit that post.

As of now, I am taking the weekend off to relax, catch a movie(I'm going with my mom to see The Magificent Seven) and then going to some other games - Dragon Quest Builders is coming out for Vita and I want to be there. But I will plan on doing some of the harder trophies in KHFM soon.

No worries man, enjoy the break, and good luck with KHFM!