UPDATE: Dead Rising 1, 2, OtR coming on September 13 to PS4

smellslikejavier

While excited for Dead Rising 1, 2, and Off the Record coming to PS4, I totally forgot about the DLC prequel for Dead Rising 2, and another standalone DLC that takes place immediately after one of the endings in Dead Rising 2. We probably won't get them though, unless they're packaged with Dead Rising 2, or/and the Dead Rising bundle. Well, if the bundle does come to PS4 too. Would be neat if so. I never got to play either of the DLC. They're short, but they still seem good. Well, Case Zero looks good anyways. This is just me wondering. But I'm sure we would've heard information about any of this, so I guess it won't happen. :( The DLC were exclusive to Microsoft I think, so I dunno if it's because they own them, or whatever. I dunno, I just know the DLC were only available through Xbox Live.

Edit: Hmmm, there is a 'Dead Rising Collection' for the Xbox 360 that released in 2014, contained the first Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and Dead Rising: Off the Record. So this bundle even contained the standalone DLC. Eh, I still think it's unlikely we'll get a treat like this, but I sure do hope we do. But says the collection was exclusive to Europe. We're basically getting this type of collection, unless the standalone DLC are excluded if we do get a bundle.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

While excited for Dead Rising 1, 2, and Off the Record coming to PS4, I totally forgot about the DLC prequel for Dead Rising 2, and another standalone DLC that takes place immediately after one of the endings in Dead Rising 2. We probably won't get them though, unless they're packaged with Dead Rising 2, or/and the Dead Rising bundle. Well, if the bundle does come to PS4 too. Would be neat if so. I never got to play either of the DLC. They're short, but they still seem good. Well, Case Zero looks good anyways. This is just me wondering. But I'm sure we would've heard information about any of this, so I guess it won't happen. :( The DLC were exclusive to Microsoft I think, so I dunno if it's because they own them, or whatever. I dunno, I just know the DLC were only available through Xbox Live.

Edit: Hmmm, there is a 'Dead Rising Collection' for the Xbox 360 that released in 2014, contained the first Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case West, and Dead Rising: Off the Record. So this bundle even contained the standalone DLC. Eh, I still think it's unlikely we'll get a treat like this, but I sure do hope we do. But says the collection was exclusive to Europe. We're basically getting this type of collection, unless the standalone DLC are excluded if we do get a bundle.

Nothing has been said about them so it might be unlikely. I don't get why MS decided to keep them as a Xbox exclusive though? they might be short and maybe they didn't thought it would be worth it to release them on other platforms but if Capcom could release them with a low price I'm sure they will sell well on PS4.

• Like 2

Would be nice to see Case Zero and Case West finally come over to PlayStation. Seeing as though DR1 is, I would certainly hope there's a good chance this time around. Would be a shame to release an "incomplete" collection otherwise (technically it is anyway without DR3 but you know what I mean). I guess we'll find out if/when the trophies leak again before Capcom bothers to say! :P

The standalone dlc was worth playing because your stats would carry over into dead rising 2.

Yeah, I found out about that until recently. That's pretty neat. I knew you could carry over some stuff in Off the Record if you had a save of Dead Rising 2 carry its stats over onto Off the Record. But I think that only let you give Frank the default jacket that Chuck wears in Dead Rising 2? Not sure if that's the only thing. Maybe some other DLC as well. But yeah, didn't know Case Zero let you carry stats onto Dead Rising 2. I think I heard that if you carried over stats, you could begin Dead Rising 2 at Level 5. Don't know if you get some other stuff too.

Yep, releasing in September the 13th, like Javier stated in the title and description of this thread. I knew for sure it would for Xbone at that date, as well as PC maybe, (Well, Dead Rising 1 only, PC already has 2 and Off the Record) but I was worried it would take awhile for it to release on PS4, that maybe Playstation owners would get it in 2017 or sometime later, due to Dead Rising 4 having a time exclusive contract? But doesn't seem to be the case, thankfully.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/09/dead-rising-triple-pack-coming-to-ps4-on-september-13/
The game will have upgraded graphics presented in 1080p and targeting 60 frames per second. And Dead Rising 1 and 2 will have retail disc releases, but only in North America accordingly. Both games have separate release dates though, first game releases also on September 13 via retail, while Dead Rising 2 releases on September 27. Triple pack releases in September 13 still though, which Javier already stated already. Shame it's only digital though, since it seems only Off the Record won't be getting a retail disc release. So "Remaster" wise, these are just like how Resident Evil 6, 5, and 4 have been getting remastered onto current-gen. Really hoped for the first Dead Rising game to get a retail release, but I am still surprised it's getting one, I was sure only 2 and Off the Record would get retail releases. But instead, Off the Record ain't getting a retail release. No idea why.

Oh, and regarding Dead Rising 3... "We currently have no plans to bring Dead Rising 3 to other platforms. Sorry." A Capcom Vancouver member has stated when answering a question regarding Dead Rising 3. I don't mind, but I just put that in here, since I know some people were hoping for Dead Rising 3 to come to the PS4. The same Capcom Vancouver member also stated that there's no plans for Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Case West, so we're not getting these standalone DLC in the remaster collection, or in any way for us to get them on current-gen. Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r